Wow! The similarities are striking!
Do the dates match up?
Can you do a side by side comparison?

Side by Side

Attachments

• BK.JPG
    BK.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 86
BK was found in Georgia in 2004, and Dake went missing in Missouri in 1999, so that would have made Dake about 42 in 2004; he would be/will be 48 this March. Seems a bit young, to me, but the dates do add up somewhat (depending on what on earth happened in that lost time).

Dake is not in the confirmed rule out thread for BK. Does he have a thread of his own? (Off to search WS now.) ETA: Dake has basically nothing out there but CP, and no thread on WS.

Side by Side

Likeness is good, apart from the nose - something in the expression is familiar between the two, though, isn't it?

Too bad we can't find Dake's eye colour (even though BK had cataract surgery, and there is some question as to how this can affect eye colour). Dake doesn't look to me like he'd have blue eyes, from that photo, but it's impossible to tell.

I think if the face in the 'younger' picture were tilted down just a bit more, we would see that the nose/ nostrils are quite similar.

Also, faces tend to 'thin' with age, which seems apparant here.

BK has some memories of Denver and Indiana, correct? But nothing of Missouri... Could any of those memories be mistaken for Missouri?

BK has some memories of Denver and Indiana, correct? But nothing of Missouri... Could any of those memories be mistaken for Missouri?

I honestly don't know much about BK, but as soon as I saw Mr. Dake a light went off- I could hardly type! Lol!

One thing that makes me think it might be a real possible match, is the state of MO didn't have much of a MP clearinghouse until Nov/Dec of this year. Mr. Dake wasn't listed on Charley till the end of Nov. and I can't find any other references for him, so I think it's unlikely he's ever been considered.

Oh I forgot to add my son and his two friends who are spending the night think it's him too! :) (They wanted me to add that they helped-very cute, they're 10) :)

Appreciating all.
Snuf

Good try! However, I believe the nose is completely different, and the eye color is also very different. Mr. Dake does appear to be too young for BK too. If it were not for the nose and eyes, I would think they are similar. JMO

Noses aren't always a good indicator in adults. As we age, our bones stop growing, but the cartilage keeps growing, so things like length and sharpness can be changed over the matter of just a few years.

Noses aren't always a good indicator in adults. As we age, our bones stop growing, but the cartilage keeps growing, so things like length and sharpness can be changed over the matter of just a few years.

Injuries, as well, can change a nose drastically.

I do have to say, though, Dake does seem younger than I would guess.

I agree. I know my own nose isn't as cute and little as it used to be, lol!
That comes with age, as you say, and the fact that I also broke my nose a few years back.
Faces can change quite a bit as the years go by.
Fluctuations in weight, also can change a face. (I know this from my own face).

Like I said, I don't know much about BK, but I figured I'd do a side by side with other photos from other threads here.

I have to say, I do kinda wish MO would put some demographics up- even just eye color, but at least they have their website up and running now, so one step at a time I guess.

Attachments

• BK2009.JPG
    BK2009.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 44
Richard Dake:
There are similarities.
But:

Con: It looks like Richard D has brown eyes.
BK's eyes are a light blue/green.

Con: Richard D is only 47 yrs old.
BK thinks he is around 60.

And there is just not enough info out there about Richard D.
I googled. Nothing.
I did try white pages and it does say there is a Richard D Dake
in Mountain Grove... but you have to pay to get any more information.
Could be an old listing.

Maybe contacting the Mountain Grove, MO police.
eye color, height, weight, circumstances of disappearance.
http://www.mountaingrove.net/Police%20Department.htm
417 926 5181

Website does not have links. No email.

After looking again and again and again, I think Mr. Dake has brown eyes, but I'll call and ask to be sure.

I just figured out why Mr. Dake looks soooo familiar- he looks exactly like a younger version of Dr. Phil :)

Thanks All :)
Snuf

Like I said, I don't know much about BK, but I figured I'd do a side by side with other photos from other threads here.

I have to say, I do kinda wish MO would put some demographics up- even just eye color, but at least they have their website up and running now, so one step at a time I guess.

Definitely not the same guy. He looks older than 47. More like 59.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back