GUILTY FL - Cavares Polk, 2, beaten to death, Pahokee, 27 Dec 2009

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
I can't find the baby's name in any of the news articles. He was beaten to death by his mother's boyfriend. His injuries are horrible. The said all he did was "tap him on the butt every now and then".

Man arrested in beating death of toddler

An autopsy showed the baby, who was not identified, suffered from a long list of injuries including a torn liver, wounded sternum, torn small bowel intestine, hemorrhage to the adrenal gland, deep bruising to the neck, bruises on forehead, bruises on abdomen, bruises on back, scrapes on the penis and scrotum, and several other injuries in various stages of heal ling

snip

The baby's mother, Crystal Banks, told Sheriff's deputies she didn't know why she let the beatings happen, but said on one occasion Lawrence left marks on the baby and she told him not to hit him anymore. Banks told investigators her boyfriend beat her baby for not eating, not going to sleep or not moving fast enough.

She said she thought Lawrence was jealous of the baby.

"He (the baby) always wanna be up under me," the arrest report said.

snip

Lawrence told investigators he hit the baby with a belt, but not his hands.

“I don’t beat him, I tap him on the butt every now and then with a belt or something but fist wise or pickin up something heavy, no," he said, according to an arrest report. Lawrence said the last time the baby had "a whoopin” was "3 or 4 days ago before Christmas when he was hollerin and throwin things around,"

http://www.cbs12.com/news/baby-4723391-lawrence-told.html

Rest peacefully, little one. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

This baby was tortured until death. What sadists! The mother and the bf.

Another loser . This "mother" needs to be locked up right beside him. Let him beat the living carp out of her for the rest of both their miserable lives.

once again another mom who thought her bf was more important than her child............
hang 'em both!

Yes, there seems to be more and more "boyfiends" killing babies. I don't understand why the mothers let this happen, or how? How can a mother just stand by and let this happen? How can a mother put someone else before their own child?

This is a terribly disturbing trend that we see here all too often. This story mentions that another (19) was arrested yesterday in the same area for killing his girlfriend's child. WTH? I just will never understand it and I know it's preaching to the choir to even discuss it here, but something needs to be done. We seem to have an entire generation of young people who feel humans, and particularly children, are disposable. Where is that coming from?

snipped

Effin' egg donor! He 'always wanna be up under you' because he was EXPECTING you to protect him!

Where else is the baby supposed to want or need to be? Our kids are a lot older than 2 years old and they are still "up under me". :banghead:

I'm so angry, I can't type more. :furious:

From July 2014:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...toddler-manslaughter-plea-20140725-story.html

Antion Lawrence, 28, of Pahokee... pleaded guilty to one count each of manslaughter and aggravated child abuse in a plea deal with the State Attorney's Office that means he won't stand trial next month on a first-degree murder charge.

Lawrence will serve a 12-year prison term to be followed by five years of probation; he faced a potential life sentence for a murder conviction.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kac1991
Back