If someone gave Casey a dead Caylee

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlemisslegal

compassion and empathy -do not push it
Reaction score
IN THE MOST CREATIVE DEFENSE -CAN WE IMAGINE THIS?

sometimes i try and think of the most outragous defense that one can come up with to say caylee was not killed by her mom. i let my thoughts wander to the almost impossible but yet, we have heard some very weird scenerios already.
can we come up with anything that resembles this thought ?

they can say someone had caylee and was giving casey time to come up with money, fix a problem she created or was part of. perhaps some shady buisness. she partied cause she though she could fix everything and get caylee back. she knew that or hoped that they were just bull s-- her . she felt no one would really hurt her child. after all she was part of the crowd. then she is told that she did not handle the alternative to keeping caylee safe right. she is given a dead child. she must make everyone believe she had no part in it. what does she do now> hide from everyone. make it look like a kidnap. stupid enough to take her own things from her own home and use to make it look like torture, duct tape , items . although she was not the killer she was now the one with her childs dead body. she does panic- yet she parties too. weird but true???

ok your turn-- remember this is just another crazy defense in land of make believe, YET, WHO KNOWS THE REAL STORY? the attorney may use this if they wish-lol

I just can't see any jurors thinking 'Yeah, maybe it happened like that."

Seems like a version of the old excuse He Was Dead When I Got There.

IN THE MOST CREATIVE DEFENSE -CAN WE IMAGINE THIS?

sometimes i try and think of the most outragous defense that one can come up with to say caylee was not killed by her mom. i let my thoughts wander to the almost impossible but yet, we have heard some very weird scenerios already.
can we come up with anything that resembles this thought ?

they can say someone had caylee and was giving casey time to come up with money, fix a problem she created or was part of. perhaps some shady buisness. she partied cause she though she could fix everything and get caylee back. she knew that or hoped that they were just bull s-- her . she felt no one would really hurt her child. after all she was part of the crowd. then she is told that she did not handle the alternative to keeping caylee safe right. she is given a dead child. she must make everyone believe she had no part in it. what does she do now> hide from everyone. make it look like a kidnap. stupid enough to take her own things from her own home and use to make it look like torture, duct tape , items . although she was not the killer she was now the one with her childs dead body. she does panic- yet she parties too. weird but true???

ok your turn-- remember this is just another crazy defense in land of make believe, YET, WHO KNOWS THE REAL STORY? the attorney may use this if they wish-lol

Bolded by me. Great minds think alike. This is similar to the theory I came up with in the "in her shoes" thread.

JoAnn_W

If this were presented by the defense after SA had presented all their evidence it would truly seal KC fate and she would need more than AL to pull her out of DP. JMO

Sorry, but I don't see that flying at all...

She partied because she thought she'd get Caylee back that way?

She stole money to buy clothes for herself and groceries to make Tony dinner because she thought she'd get Caylee back that way?

She got a tattoo saying La Bella Vida and got a manicure because she'd get Caylee back that way?

She pretended to have a job she hadn't had for years because she'd get Caylee back that way?

She snapped her chewey on the way to her attorney's wearing shorts and basically sticking it up everyone because she thought she'd get Caylee back that way?

I could go on and on and on (ad almost infinitum), but I think it's pretty obvious. Juries are not stupid.

If that's what the defense are hanging their hat on, they may as well not bother, they'd be a loughing stock and only multiplying the damage she's already done, by miles.

JMHO.

I don't remember KC ever saying she was told anything by the "kidnapper"..... all she ever said was she was afraid because she has seen what happens when people go to the police. (And, of course, afraid what her mother would say....) I don't recall her even once giving a true explanation as to why she was afraid to call the police when the imaginnanny supposedly stole her child from her. She also told her parents from the jail that she had not done anything for which anyone would want some kind of payback.

And remember, this imaginanny is also someone she says she had known for several years, since before Caylee was born, and trusted her completely.... and all the sudden she is "afraid"????

IMO, the defense won't be able to come up with anything that will prove reasonable doubt to the jury or that someone OTHER than KC could have killed Caylee.

take in account nothing casey has done has made a lot of logic-lol. she obvious did do the parties, tattoo, buy clothes lie steal . make the police chase around like fools after her fake life and jobs. so-- we know she is able to block out reality. we know she was not hysterical crying on tv those 31 days. so if she was the killer and knew for 31 days her child was dead she has a lot of nerves of steel. she also has nerves of steel if she did not know were her child was. either way she was able to carry on as if nothing was wrong in her life. if she knew casey was dead at her own hands or someone elses she is one empty vacumn of soul. even if handed a dead body in her own hands. and she had to dipsose of it. put in her car, hid it for minutes, hours, days or months how did she not have a nervous breakdown? if it was an accident and someone in her own home was part of it including everyone--was it easier to throw caylee in the woods rather than call a funeral home? only way out is to lie more casey must have felt. at one point she made her family think that they were in danger and she was protecting them did she not? maybe they told her we will hand you more dead bodies? omg- lol

Really? They gave Caylee back to her dead? It would have solved all of her problems-she could have driven to the nearest police station with her dead daughter in her lap and looked foolish but blameless....she would have been free AND people would pity her.

She would have seen that angle in a hot minute and surely would not have tested out spots all over her parents yard to see where to bury the child before dumping her with the family pets when the stench became over powering. JMO

take in account nothing casey has done has made a lot of logic-lol. she obvious did do the parties, tattoo, buy clothes lie steal . make the police chase around like fools after her fake life and jobs. so-- we know she is able to block out reality. we know she was not hysterical crying on tv those 31 days. so if she was the killer and knew for 31 days her child was dead she has a lot of nerves of steel. she also has nerves of steel if she did not know were her child was. either way she was able to carry on as if nothing was wrong in her life. if she knew casey was dead at her own hands or someone elses she is one empty vacumn of soul. even if handed a dead body in her own hands. and she had to dipsose of it. put in her car, hid it for minutes, hours, days or months how did she not have a nervous breakdown? if it was an accident and someone in her own home was part of it including everyone--was it easier to throw caylee in the woods rather than call a funeral home? only way out is to lie more casey must have felt. at one point she made her family think that they were in danger and she was protecting them did she not? maybe they told her we will hand you more dead bodies? omg- lol

Lots of murderers (in fact, probably most murderers) go on with their lives, apparently care free -- until the murder is discovered. Then they start to lie their heads off. If Casey murdered Caylee, her behavior since then has not been at all unusual. It's only if she didn't murder Caylee that her behavior could be considered unusual.

I may be in the minority, but I think much of what Casey has done has been extremely logical and in keeping with her behavior. Casey got herself into a pickle when she killed her child and there was no one she could call to get her out of it-that was the only difference I see in her day to day. Not even Lee would have likely been OK with her having murdered his beloved niece.

So, she ignored it for a while until she could not any more, IE because the childs body was decomposing in Casey's car. Then she had to come up with a plan herself-dump the baby, get a bunch of dryer sheets and borrow other people's cars until she realized there was no way she could get her detailed or even give it to her dad to detail because he was former LE and knew the smell of a dead body. So she threw the car away. Like most other things in her life that werent working for her.

I bet she is surprised to this day how much her family has supported her at least in public regarding these events-had she known they would get her back anyway, she would have called them all when she did it and they collectively could have come up with a better disposal plan. JMVHO.

The jury will be instructed to look at the defense's alternative explanations for what is reasonable, logical, and more highly likely to be true than untrue, as compared to the state's explanation of what happened. The jury will be instructed to use their common sense in doing this, and that they are to accept as an alternative explanation only what they find to be reasonable, logical, etc.

Based on that, I think it's somewhat possible, but highly improbable, that any juror would accept this as an alternative explanation.

MOO

This theory may work for material for a book KC could be working on, "If I Didn't Do It?" A work of fiction, of course. LOL

i was trying to have posters consider the option casey was handed a dead body or came upon a dead caylee because she herself did not kill her but was left with a dead caylee. not saying someone just left her at caseys doorstep but that she was given her child already dead by someone. now how do you explain that after all the lies ? she may have been afraid someone would hurt her family and her next too. i went to the last hearing - the state atty did not leave much room for other options - so defense needs all the help they can . being there and speaking to the family was very hard to imagine that their daughter was part of the reason their caylee was dead. i would not want to be them

i want to hear why some think it could be possible yet, its all about if caylee was dead and someone said - heres your kid. its your problem now! all opinions welcome we have some direction then. lol- i did not think the title would become the thread subject but thats ok . shows we have bright minds always thinking -lol. jbean has final say !!

Little Miss Legal:

If someone gave Casey a dead Caylee, it would fit Casey's original story that someone else did it. Not her, of course, but some other faceless person.

What is still unexplained is why a mother would let her child be taken and then wait 30 days to report her missing. Any jury is going to find that extremely odd and unnatural. So the cards are stacked against Casey in the mothering department.

As for the hypothetical situation, other people have said this more eloquently but :twocents:...

Criminals always want to throw the blame onto someone else, so a Jury is not going to see that as reasonable doubt. They would see it as human nature and part of a pattern of lies.

The Defense can make up imaginary suspects, but unless they can produce a person who has a real reason for killing Caylee, then a jury of intelligent people won't buy it.

Edited to Add: If Casey put Caylee in the woods after receiving her from some other person, then it's still going to go badly for her. Caylee was in a garbage bag with tape over her mouth. End of story for Casey.

i want to hear why some think it could be possible yet, its all about if caylee was dead and someone said - heres your kid. its your problem now! all opinions welcome we have some direction then. lol- i did not think the title would become the thread subject but thats ok . shows we have bright minds always thinking -lol. jbean has final say !!

The very thing that KC depends on to be her social lifeline will bring her down. Her cell phone. Never out of her possession for the most part. You dial 911 give your location and name of the person who killed your daughter. Game over!!! That simple. KC lead LE to believe Caylee was kidnapped when she had no proof that that was actually what happened to her daughter. KC told police she immediately assumed her daughter was kidnapped and then went to a neutral place and rented movies about kidnapping. I believe one of the movies involved duct taping the man's mouth....did she get a thrill from watching this??? Or did this give her the idea to duct tape her daughter's mouth?? So I vote no, don't think it was possible.

Sticking strictly to the title of the thread, if someone did that to my child, I'd call the police straightaway. Musing not allowed.

JMHO

your all right- i am not saying this happened or its true. i am saying maybe the defense would try to use something of this sort to throw in another option. logical? no ! true? probably not -- sorry if you feel i should have said it more eloquently . its a shocking case and the title is meant to arose the emotions. they can still say she does not not know why her child ended up dead when she herself did not do it . how can this be happening she said!! everything from that point on is just crazy- yet it happened. she did not tell anyone much of anything but lies.

I don't remember KC ever saying she was told anything by the "kidnapper"..... all she ever said was she was afraid because she has seen what happens when people go to the police. (And, of course, afraid what her mother would say....) I don't recall her even once giving a true explanation as to why she was afraid to call the police when the imaginnanny supposedly stole her child from her. She also told her parents from the jail that she had not done anything for which anyone would want some kind of payback.

And remember, this imaginanny is also someone she says she had known for several years, since before Caylee was born, and trusted her completely.... and all the sudden she is "afraid"????

IMO, the defense won't be able to come up with anything that will prove reasonable doubt to the jury or that someone OTHER than KC could have killed Caylee.
The script! The script!! Scene II.

How will the defense present this "creative defense" to the jury? What is the evidence to support it? Who will testify to bring credibility to this line of thought? Casey? I am trying to think of a witness the defense could call in support of this. Or questions that may be asked of state's witnesses that would bring this theory in for the jury to consider. I expect it would be very difficult to offer up this defense without evidence or witnesses to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni