CA CA - Hannah Zaccaglini, 15, McCloud, 4 June 1997

Bubble1421

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hannah Zaccaglini
Missing since 06/04/1997 from McCloud, CA.

She has a chipped left front tooth, a chicken pox scar near her right eyebrow and a birthmark behind her right ear. She was last seen wearing a green-and-white checkered shirt with daisy buttons, blue jeans and black canvas shoes.

She was last seen leaving a friend's house in the town of McCloud, Ca. on the evening of June 4th, 1997. She was walking to her home located one block away. She never arrived home, and has not been seen since. The circumstances of her disappearance are unknown at this time, but what is known is that she was missing from Debbie and Edward Henline, which is the same house that Karin Knechtel Mero was last seen at. Detectives believe that the disappearance of Karin Mero, 28, also of McCloud is connected to the case of the missing teen-ager Hannah Zaccaglini.

Debbie and Edward Henline have been arrested for possession of a firearm by a felon and also for drug related charges (as well as Dean Zaccaglini-unknown relation to Hannah). Their house has been search several times, but no clues have been found.

Hannah had a boyfriend at the time of her disappearance (Danny Rice, 16). He said that she was upset that he and his family was moving Nevada and told him at one point "I won't be here when you come back." At this time, authorities believe that she is not a runaway (which was originally thought). She did not take her hairbrush, pocketbook, money, beloved bass guitar or even her well-known getaway bag, so her family things she was abducted by someone.

More information can be found in the archives of the local newspaper in Redding, CA.

http://archive.redding.com/

Search for "Zaccaglini".

Hannah Zaccaglini disappeared around 10 p.m. June 4, 1997, while walking to her home from her boyfriend Danny Rice's apartment, a distance of about two blocks. She too was last seen at the Henline's residence.

Hannah's mother, Jennifer Zaccaglini, said she still believes her case might have been taken more seriously in the beginning had Hannah been someone else's daughter.

She said, “False rumors around town that I was a drug dealer not only hurt me but may have influenced initial reaction to the case. Life these past ten years have been an agonizing roller coaster ride for me and my family.”

Jennifer said people have been bombarding her with information over the years as to where they think her daughter might be or their idea of what could have happened to her.

“This gives us a ray of hope, and we do follow up on the information, thinking in our hearts, “maybe this will be the lead that will bring Hannah home. But in the end it turns out to be nothing. It's a continuous high and low for my family. I know these people mean well, but anyone having any credible information should contact the Sheriffs Department.”

Jennifer said, “Someone out there knows what happened to Hannah, but for whatever reason is afraid to come forward with the information. Any little bit of information of what happened the night Hannah disappeared could change everything.”

Jennifer has nothing but praise for Villani, whom she said has always contacted her over the years, keeping her aware of what was going on when something related to her case came up.

“I believe in my heart that one day she will be brought home and we can put her where she belongs,” she said. “She would have been 25 years old this year.”

The Henlines were questioned in both cases, and their home was searched by law enforcement, but the couple has never been officially connected to either disappearance. Authorities maintain that the Henlines remain “persons of interest.”

Anyone having any information regarding the disappearance of Karin Knechtel-Mero or Hannah Zaccaglini is asked to contact the Siskiyou County Sheriff's Department at 24-hour dispatch number, 530-841-2900.

http://www.mtshastanews.com/articles/2007/03/14/news/01tenyears.txt

Today marks ten years since the disappearance of a Siskiyou County teenager. Now, there are new efforts to find answers.

On June 4, 1997 Hannah Zaccaglini was last seen leaving a friend’s house in McCloud. She lived one block away, but never made it home. Accompanying this story is a picture of what McCloud could look like today.

Hannah’s mother stays even after ten years, she does not give up hope of finding her daughter. “There’s a lot more things we can do now with blood that’s found with DNA and all that,” she told Action News, “There’s so many different things that can be done now if we can find anything we can work from there.”

http://www.khsltv.com/articleprint.php?article=1511

I know this might be a little far fetched considering that Hannah is missing from CA and this Doe was located in Alabama, but I decided to get you sleuthers opinionhttp://www.doenetwork.org Case File 148UFAL. The height might be a little off, but I thought the age and maybe the resemblence of the Foe and Hannah were similar

Unidentified White Female

Located on October 16, 1997 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama
The victim is believed to have been deceased for a period of up to 1 - 1 1/2 years before discovery.
Cause of Death: Homicide
Skeletal Remains

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 19 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"- 5'1" (147-155 cm)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length dark blond or light brown hair with a possible reddish tint. Her eye color and weight couldn't be determined.
Clothing: She may have been wearing a white with blue broad stripes casual, sleeveless top, size unknown, which was found near the skeletal remains outside of the plastic sheeting. No jewelry was recovered.
Dentals: Up until 1-1 and 1/2 years before her death she had excelent dental care with several fillings. Her right front tooth was chipped after her remains were recovered. Dental records are available.
DNA: Available in CODIS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
On October 16, 1997, a hunter discovered the skeletal remains of this unidentified child in a remote wooded area of Madison County, Alabama, near Indian Creek Road, South of Kelly Spring Road. Indian Creek Road is near a major roadway - Alabama Highway 53. The highway is a connector that runs between Huntsville, Alabama and Interstate 65 in Ardmore, Tenn.
It is possible the killer came from another state and chose the location at random.
The body was wrapped in plastic sheeting commonly used in construction. The plastic was secured with gray duct tape.
Investigators believe that sometime in late 1996, the nude body of the teenaged girl was dumped in Madison County's Indian Creek.
The body drifted down the creek, and washed onto the bank. It was found by a hunter.

I know this might be a little far fetched considering that Hannah is missing from CA and this Doe was located in Alabama, but I decided to get you sleuthers opinionhttp://www.doenetwork.org Case File 148UFAL. The height might be a little off, but I thought the age and maybe the resemblence of the Foe and Hannah were similar

Unidentified White Female

Located on October 16, 1997 in Huntsville, Madison County, Alabama
The victim is believed to have been deceased for a period of up to 1 - 1 1/2 years before discovery.
Cause of Death: Homicide
Skeletal Remains

remains had been dead for a year or longer.
hannah had only been missing 4 months.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 15 - 19 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 4'10"- 5'1" (147-155 cm)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder length dark blond or light brown hair with a possible reddish tint. Her eye color and weight couldn't be determined.
Clothing: She may have been wearing a white with blue broad stripes casual, sleeveless top, size unknown, which was found near the skeletal remains outside of the plastic sheeting. No jewelry was recovered.
Dentals: Up until 1-1 and 1/2 years before her death she had excelent dental care with several fillings. Her right front tooth was chipped after her remains were recovered. Dental records are available.
DNA: Available in CODIS

Case History
On October 16, 1997, a hunter discovered the skeletal remains of this unidentified child in a remote wooded area of Madison County, Alabama, near Indian Creek Road, South of Kelly Spring Road. Indian Creek Road is near a major roadway - Alabama Highway 53. The highway is a connector that runs between Huntsville, Alabama and Interstate 65 in Ardmore, Tenn.
It is possible the killer came from another state and chose the location at random.
The body was wrapped in plastic sheeting commonly used in construction. The plastic was secured with gray duct tape.
Investigators believe that sometime in late 1996, the nude body of the teenaged girl was dumped in Madison County's Indian Creek.
The body drifted down the creek, and washed onto the bank. It was found by a hunter.

not her. person had been dead for over a year on oct 16 1997, and hannah was alive as late as june 4th 1997

Interesting case.

I wonder what became of the henlines. It is bizzare that they where actually the last ones 2 see "2" missing girls. I did some searching and according to people search, they are still in Mccloud. Also, they have 2 sons, one of whom was born a year earlier then Hanna. They may have been friends and that's why she was last seen with them. He has a myspace and it's rather disturbing that his ms wallpaper is a skull :sick:

Thats a very Interesting and good read. Sounds pretty open and shut to me .sad though only 15 she still had a good chance at getting out of that life ..

Siskiyou is "technically" part of California but it is a long way, both in terms of distance and culture, from the urban population centers. It is an area that once had a logging and a mining based economy and now has a "government check" based economy. As loggers moved out to find jobs elsewhere, people moved in seeking cheap housing and neighbors that didn't ask a lot of questions. A lot of folks there have what used to be called "no visible means of support". When one member of this "shadow population" is killed or "disappeared" by another member of the same group, nobody knows anything; nobody saw anything and nobody is going to talk to the Sheriff's dept. Yet, as soon as the deputies leave, local gossip focuses of who did it, why he did and where he hid the body.

The Sheriff's Dept investigators figure if nobody cares, nobody wants to cooperate with the investigation, while there are other crimes that actually matter; i.e. involve taxpayers and voters, why waste your time.

In this case, it is common knowledge who did both of these murders. Rumor has it that the guy brags pretty openly that "no one will ever find the bodies". People are a little afraid of the guy. The new Sheriff would probably like to prosecute but the original investigation was pretty shoddy and, even if tongues have gotten a little looser, memories are not as sharp.

Bump!

This case is new to my radar, but it seems that now that the county has a new Sheriff who actually does his job, missing person cases are being investigated and people are being arrested!

KTVL 10 Medford news tonight Jan 8 2013

Sisikyou County DA is interviewed re: cold cases. Hannah Zaccaglini. K. Katonen both going through the courts.

Very hard to prove since no body. Have suspect in custody. Suspect might also have connection to Karen Marrow.

Bringing cases to trial very hard they have to establish that victims aren't alive.

Arnold Aggas is the man charged in this case. Says her body was placed at the bottom of the Klamath River. Still, case will be hard.

DA says it is rare to open a cold case and it usually takes DNA to do it.

--please excuse the quick transciption
The TV interview was very quick and they didn't go into detail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back