GUILTY TX - Tabassum Khan, 43, dies in contract killing, Houston, 24 Nov 2009

jnTexas

Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6801520.html

The teenage son of a woman found dead in her southwest Houston home last month has been accused of hiring a classmate to kill her because she was too strict.

Danish Moazzam Minhas, 17, and Nur J. Mohamed, 18, are charged with capital murder in the death of Tabassum Khan, 43. She was found dead Nov. 25 at an apartment unit in the 6000 block of Beverly Hill, police said

The teens admitted their roles in the stabbing, police said. Minhas said he wanted his mother dead because she was too strict and controlling.

UNBELIEVEABLE:furious:

<snipped>

Teen Murder-for-Hire Suspects Appear in Court

Updated: Thursday, 07 Jan 2010, 1:41 PM CST
Published : Thursday, 07 Jan 2010, 1:41 PM CST

HOUSTON - A teen accused of hiring a classmate to kill his mother and the accused killer make their first appearance before a judge on Thursday.

Police say that Mohamed is a Somalian-born student who had trouble with drugs at school, while Minhas was a Pakistani-born senior student who earned good grades and worked in Lee High School's administrative office. The two teens met in Spanish class.

On the day his mother was killed, Minhas was scheduled to report to Houston Police Department headquarters to interview for an internship. Sgt. Harris said that Minhas received several leadership awards from the law enforcement community.

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100107-danish-minhas-nur-mohamed-bond

Internship? Awards from LE?

Do these kids even realize that caring parents aren't "controlling". Of course I can't speak for this family, BUT I see it and have experienced it with my own. They got no clue.

RIP mother. I'm sorry your own child has someone murder you.

Teen denies hiring classmate to kill mother

By BRIAN ROGERS
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Jan. 9, 2010, 12:29PM

The 17-year-old Lee High School student who is accused of hiring a classmate to kill his mother denied any involvement in the Nov. 24 stabbing death and complimented police in a jailhouse interview late Friday.

Danish Moazzam Minhas pointed the finger at Nur Mohamed, saying the classmate killed his mother, 42-year-old Tabassum Khan. Both students are charged with capital murder.

“I was not involved in my mother's killing,” the teen said in an isolated jail interview booth, his hands handcuffed behind his back. With stubble on his face and smudged glasses, the high school senior said he loved his mother and missed her.

Sgt. Brian Harris and his partner Paul Houghton repeatedly said at a news conference Wednesday that the teen was manipulative and that interviewing him was a “cat and mouse game.”

Minhas praised both investigators by name.

“They did what they had to do. They are wonderful human beings who put all this work into solving my mother's case,” Minhas said.

He said he believes they caught his mother's killer, and it is Mohamed.

Mohamed declined to be interviewed Friday.

Prosecutors have said both students gave statements admitting their involvement.

Different statement

Minhas said Friday that he gave the statement “out of necessity.” He would not elaborate on why the statement would be different than what happened, and said the truth would come out at his trial.

In jail Friday, Minhas said he was in solitary confinement and had not talked much about his case. He said was worried about getting the death penalty.

“It sucks being cut off from the outside world,” Minhas said. “I am in the same underwear I was arrested in and I haven't had a shower in three days. It sucks.” [so much for being sad about your mother being murdered :furious: ]

more here

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6806400.html

This kid had one more year of having to listen to his "controlling/strict" mother. Now he will spend the rest of his life in jail with controlling officers?! But of course they don't seem to realize that. I have a 16 year old who is so dramatic about the fact that he should be able to do whatever he wants at this point and the 2 years till he is 18 is like an eternity to him. He's not really a bad kid but he is my oldest (of 5 boys) and I'm struggling to understand why they think the way they do. Life is so short it makes no sense to me.....
:banghead:

From February 2014:

http://www.khou.com/story/local/2015/10/25/12374726/

Danish Minhas, 21, pleaded guilty to murder on Thursday in exchange for a plea deal. The former Robert E. Lee High School student is now headed to prison for 50 years...

The closure in the case comes more than four years after he had his mother killed.

Tabassum Khan was killed inside her southwest Houston apartment in November 2009. Her son s classmate, Nur Mohamed, snuck in and stabbed her repeatedly.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-houston-man-admits-hiring-classmate-to-kill-mother/

Mohamed reportedly pleaded guilty last year and was sentenced to 40 years after agreeing to testify against Minhas...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back