Late Night Camping Trip with Two Young Children

I don't know a whole lot about this case but that's one of the first things I read and I absolutely agree with Susan's family. The camping trip is illogical and unbelievable, period. Too many factors render it so. If I were on a jury, that fact alone would make me very, very incredulous and suspicious of him.

I don't know a whole lot about this case but that's one of the first things I read and I absolutely agree with Susan's family. The camping trip is illogical and unbelievable, period. Too many factors render it so. If I were on a jury, that fact alone would make me very, very incredulous and suspicious of him.

I agree, the story about taking the childen in sub-zero temps in the middle of the night raised my "hinky-meter" for sure!

I agree, the story about taking the children in sub-zero temps in the middle of the night raised my "hinky-meter" for sure!

I totally agree, The minute I heard this, I said lock him up. Also: no Mom would have allowed such a thing.
they need to at least take away his passport.

She had just told him she wants a divorce and she is missing:waitasec: while he went camping in sub zero degrees
with 2 toddlers. :waitasec:

That sounds as crazy as going golfishing on Christmas eve.

I agree, the story about taking the childen in sub-zero temps in the middle of the night raised my "hinky-meter" for sure!

Not to mention that her friends said that Susan would NEVER have allowed it either! PLUS, Josh said he saw Susan when she was going to bed at 12:30 and he was leaving, which means she SHOULD have been awake to object AND remind him it was SUNDAY NIGHT not Saturday!

JMHO
fran

I think anyone would agree including LE. I am really surprised he wasn't arrested shortly after that statement.

What in the world is there to see or do when you go camping passed midnight? And, what kid would really want to go out into the bitter cold just to make s'mores and see if a new generator is working?
Every woman on this forum knows Josh's explanation is total bunk. No way are we letting husbands camp after midnight with a couple of boys younger than five.
Then again, I suspect Susan didn't have the ability to say yes or no to a camping trip. I hate writing that. jmo

You couldn't pay me to go 'camping', as the only adult, with a toddler and a pre-schooler!

Add in the leaving at midnight, in sub-zero temps, in a mini-van, when I'm due at work the next morning (I believe he knew what day it was)...

It is completely implausible.

This passage is intersting for a couple reasons.

Friends also noted that going on a spur of the moment camping trip wasn't necessarily out of the ordinary for Josh Powell. One friend recalled a time when Susan Powell had to get a ride home from work from another person because of a miscommunication with her husband. He decided one afternoon to take his two boys camping, the friend said. They returned about 3 a.m. because it got too cold, and the boys subsequently got sick.
"I don't know if he thinks things through sometimes," the friend said. "He just kind of picks up and decides to do it."

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...n-Powell-told-of-marriage-struggles.html?pg=2

In short; this kind of reminds me of the case here in MI where a husband and wife were seen walking towards a pier. She "falls over" .... he goes back to the building to be with the boys and later calls police to say she is missing. Later he is charged with her death.
So sad.

Add in the leaving at midnight, in sub-zero temps, in a mini-van, when I'm due at work the next morning (I believe he knew what day it was)...

Not merely due at work, but according to some sources the first day of a new job, after a long period of unemployment...

Okay so what were they supposedly camping in, a mini van? I have read a bunch of stuff but nothing is clarifying if they had a camper, trailer etc. NOT that I believe his story anyway. IMO he is one of the most obvious criminals I've seen in a LONG time.

What in the world is there to see or do when you go camping passed midnight? And, what kid would really want to go out into the bitter cold just to make s'mores and see if a new generator is working?
Every woman on this forum knows Josh's explanation is total bunk. No way are we letting husbands camp after midnight with a couple of boys younger than five.
Then again, I suspect Susan didn't have the ability to say yes or no to a camping trip. I hate writing that. jmo

You couldn't pay me to go 'camping', as the only adult, with a toddler and a pre-schooler!

First of all, I'm an occasional camper, we tent camp. I can tell you for a fact, NOONE sets up a tent after dark- it is pitch black out (you can't hold a flashlight in one hand and put up your tent one-handed), and even if you have a newer style or smaller tent with flexible poles, if you can't get it set up before dark, you stay in a motel or go the next morning. NOONE leaves to go camping at midnight, especially not in freezing temperatures, with toddlers, and on a weeknight. Sounds more to me like he took the boys along on a trip to dispose of the body...
Also, at most campgrounds, there are check-in hours, you wouldn't be allowed to check-in as late as midnight, and they might close the gate, and you wouldn't know where your assigned site was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back