Consumer Reports Tests Infomercial Products

Dark Knight

Reaction score
In recent years, Consumer Reports has turned up a mix of "miracle" gadgets and goops that deceived, delivered, or landed somewhere in between. Read on for a roundup. Products are current, though packaging might have changed. Prices don't include shipping, which can hike the cost a lot. Freebies are often included.

List of product tests at the link:

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/yshoppingarticles/324/should-you-buy-this-now/

Wow very cool. I bought the bump-its and the bra strap things and a smooth away (which only works on the fine facial hair and not that well). They all work OK but getting reviews before buying is very helpful!

I love the review about the Snuggie. My Mom got one for Christmas and her first thing was, "It's too long to walk around in." Which is the same criticism I saw from Consumer Reports.

Am I the only one who realizes that it's NOT meant to walk around in! It's a blanket with sleeves. Of course the back is exposed because...it's a BLANKET with sleeves! Last I checked blankets didn't have backs.

It drives me crazy that they are criticizing something for features it's not meant to have!

:banghead:

Seriously, Americans have come to the point where they can't grasp something so simple?

I love the review about the Snuggie. My Mom got one for Christmas and her first thing was, "It's too long to walk around in." Which is the same criticism I saw from Consumer Reports.

Am I the only one who realizes that it's NOT meant to walk around in! It's a blanket with sleeves. Of course the back is exposed because...it's a BLANKET with sleeves! Last I checked blankets didn't have backs.

It drives me crazy that they are criticizing something for features it's not meant to have!

:banghead:

Seriously, Americans have come to the point where they can't grasp something so simple?

LOL! They have blankets with sleeves that you can walk around in and the backside isn't open, they are called bathrobes!!!! :crazy:

LOL! They have blankets with sleeves that you can walk around in and the backside isn't open, they are called bathrobes!!!! :crazy:

My daughter got me one for xmas... called a "snuggly wuggly". My son laughed... went and got his bathroom and put it on backwards and says, "Now I have one too!"

LOL! Smart a$$... LOL

my daughter got me one for xmas... Called a "snuggly wuggly". My son laughed... Went and got his bathroom and put it on backwards and says, "now i have one too!"

lol! Smart a$$... Lol

lol!!!!!!!!!

Oooh, the Snuggie adverts remind me of a cult. What's with the arm waving? - That's weirder than the Snuggie!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back