Evidence for "Dead body in the Damn Car"#2

Status
Not open for further replies.

manatee

Reaction score
ok. I think it's about time that we can at least agree that there was a dead body in the pontiac.
Here what I have if anyone want's to disagree please do so:

1. KC discusses smell...speaks of a "dead squirrel"
2. CA says the car smells like "there is a dead body in the dam car.'
3. GA talks about the dead body smell in car
4. LA talk about the dead body smell in car
5. LE talks about the dead body smell in car
6. two independent cadaver dogs hit on the trunk of the car
7. body farm evidence confirms smell as decomposition
8. coffin flies lead to decomp
9. hair with "death ring" belonging either to KC or Caylee and we know KC is alive

anything else I'm missing. Because after all of this I can certainly conclude without a reasonable doubt (actually no doubt) that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

Well, just to save a little time, let me sum up the thread thus far for any newcomers.

*Car trunk contains hair with mitochondrial DNA that is consistent with Caylee.
*Hair contains dark banding consistent with post-mortem decomposition.
*Trunk contains garbage bag with maggots and coffin flies.
*Garbage bag contains papertowels/napkins with substance consistent with adipocere.
*Air test indicates chemical signature unique to human decomposition.
*Smell in car consistent with human decomposition (multiple reports)
*Owner of car reports smell to friend as coming from death of an animal (not garbage in her trunk.) Car owner leaves car at Amscot. 6 months later (long after garbage bags have been removed) it is reported that the smell of death in the car is still overwhelming.

Car owner's daughter is missing and months later found deceased--packaged like garbage and thrown in the woods 1/4-1/2 mile from car owner's home in garbage bags and laundry hamper consistent to those found in the home. Oh, and a rather rare (according to the manufacturing company) duct tape on her skull--and guess what--that same rather rare duct tape is found on gas cans that are in the home of the car owner and were once in the trunk of the car owner.

Obvious conclusion...All of the above were caused by lunchmeat.

Ladies and gentlemen, Caylee Anthony was killed by a ham sandwhich. The defense rests.

I don't think this has been documented in this thread, so adding it in:

George Anthony, OCSO interview July 24 2008:

But then she said it in a way, she says, ‘George, it was the pizza, right?’ And I said, ‘Yeah (affirmative), it was the pizza.’ And that’s what I left it go at that, but. I’m sitting here as the grandfather, as the father, as George Anthony and as a guy who smelled the smell before years ago and you just never forget it. I even stuck my nose down on it and I’m, I’m concerned.”

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/110608georgeanthony/index.htm

Well, just to save a little time, let me sum up the thread thus far for any newcomers.

*Garbage bag contains papertowels/napkins with substance consistent with adipocere.
*Owner of car reports smell to friend as coming from death of an animal (not garbage in her trunk.) Car owner leaves car at Amscot. 6 months later (long after garbage bags have been removed) it is reported that the smell of death in the car is still overwhelming.

**Butyric acid, a volatile fatty acid released in decomposition was scraped from the trunk liner and yielded a post mortem interval of 2.6 days

Car owner's daughter is missing and months later found deceased--packaged like garbage and thrown in the woods 1/4-1/2 mile from car owner's home in garbage bags and laundry hamper consistent to those found in the home. Oh, and a rather rare (according to the manufacturing company) duct tape on her skull--and guess what--that same rather rare duct tape is found on gas cans that are in the home of the car owner and were once in the trunk of the car owner.

Ladies and gentlemen, Caylee Anthony was killed by a ham sandwhich. The defense rests.

I added an important piece of state's evidence to your list in bolded red.

Great Summary! And IIRC, the same death bands were found on the hair from Caylee's "hair mat". If and I believe this to be the case, the dark bands were not found on the hair from the hairbrush, some of which must be Caylee's and not the dogs, did not have this band, this strengthens the conclusion that the hair in the trunk was from a dead Caylee.

Can hardly wait for the report on the vacs in the garage!!!!!

I am (to quote Valhall) kerflunkled that we even have a second thread on this. The poll (which is decently sized) on the other thread shows that over 95% of respondents are absolutely convinced a dead body was in the trunk of the Pontiac; with less than another 4% somewhat certain. Less than 1% of the posters who responded are either unsure if it was a body or food or are completely convinced it was not a dead body.

If you add the fact that virtually all of the professionals (whether vetted or not, it's easy to see who can talk shop over there) agree with the majority and the rest of the few dissenting opinions against the conclusion read like reasonably constructed arguments using Wikipedia or other layman sources as evidence, (or like a layman's attempted translation of professional articles), I'd say it's pretty clear this is one dead horse.

All I can say is, I simply cannot argue with the experts on this one. It appears the overwhelming majority of responders (99%) agree that either the scientific evidence suffices or that it is a very likely and reasonable conclusion when put in context with everything else we actually know about the defendant and her behavior and activities (minus the rampant speculation on improbable alternate scenarios).

It is most certainly a sign we need new doc dumps that we are starting on our 25th page on the subject! moooooooooooooooooo

The most likely conclusion at this point is that this particular issue clearly seems to be a problem for the defense. JMO

Many thanks to everyone who provided so much excellent information, and helped me to understand this topic in such excruciating detail over and over and over yet again.

At this point, all logic, reason, and common sense tells me that it is more highly likely to be true than untrue that there was a dead body in the dam car, well beyond any hope of a shadow of a doubt.

Seriously though... you all rock!

:blowkiss:

The most likely conclusion at this point is that this particular issue clearly seems to be a problem for the defense. JMO

ITA - trying to minimize the other evidence by debating the forensics in the trunk is likely to backfire, imo. I think it will look to a jury like splitting hairs (or molecules) to obfuscate the other evidence that points to the defendant.

ok. I think it's about time that we can at least agree that there was a dead body in the pontiac.

9. hair with "death ring" belonging either to KC or Caylee and we know KC is alive

anything else I'm missing. Because after all of this I can certainly conclude without a reasonable doubt (actually no doubt) that there was a "dead body in the dam car"

10. Towyard guy said the car smelled like there was a dead body in it.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Precisely!! An inordinate amount of research and effort is being expended on this specific piece of evidence that when placed into the broader context, like the witness statements (e.g., GA) --- is a no brainer.

Obviously this is a core concern for the Defense that so much creative work is placed in trying to debunk it and it just cannot be debunked --- unless you migrate from facts in play into abstract creative opinion.

It all depends upon what the meaning of 'is' is.

She killed her daughter. Drove around with her in the trunk for 3-5 10 however many days and was "caught out" by her silly azz mother. Revolting that a mom can kill her daughter; utterly disgusting that her own mother (the grandmother) is willing to do ANYTHING to cover up. I can't wait for this whole mess to be put to rest. KC in jail for life or the dp. That's all folks. Move right along...

When you stop and think about it a forum such as Websleuths is an excellent way to test out defense theories to see if they will fly with a jury. It appears the trunk issue needs more work. But we all pretty much figured that out a long time ago.

When you stop and think about it a forum such as Websleuths is an excellent way to test out defense theories to see if they will fly with a jury. It appears the trunk issue needs more work. But we all pretty much figured that out a long time ago.

Yes, the defense has their work cut out for them. If they decide to try to offer an alternative explanation, it has to be one that the jurors will be able to, as they will be instructed, use their common sense to decide if that alternative explanation is logical, reasonable, and more highly likely to be true than untrue.

As much as we've torn this evidence apart six ways to Sunday and been unable to come up with anything jurors might be able to do that with, I just don't know what the defense will do.

They're between a rock and a hard place.

(I haz mantraz. :smile: )

Keep in mind, we are the laymen. It is easy to point to an expert fbi report, but it won't be cross examined by me the layman. It will be cross examined by a real expert. None of the evidence or reports or experts have been cross examined.

I believe the forum is an excellent way to test defense theories, but no where close a real trial on an even playing field. So yeah, in a forum with the make up of 10 to 1 majority vs minority, it looks good for the majority, but not even close to an even playing field as in a trial. MOO

When everything we read points in only one direction - that little Caylee was dead in the trunk of Casey's car - and every expert out there to date confirms our thoughts, there is only one conclusion to come to. It was Caylee. Dead in the trunk of the car. For at least 2.5 days.

I'm willing to listen to any expert the defense can bring forward to say any thing different - well, any expert besides Dr. Henry Lee who seems to have sold out. And I think everyone else on the board is the same. It would have to be very powerful to make me shift my opinions one iota - and I just don't see that happening.

It is what it is.

Keep in mind, we are the laymen. It is easy to point to an expert fbi report, but it won't be cross examined by me the layman. It will be cross examined by a real expert. None of the evidence or reports or experts have been cross examined.

I believe the forum is an excellent way to test defense theories, but no where close a real trial on an even playing field. So yeah, in a forum with the make up of 10 to 1 majority vs minority, it looks good for the majority, but not even close to an even playing field as in a trial. MOO

I don't mean this to sound mean NTS because I truly enjoy reading your posts, but I think you undermine the intelligence of *US* the potential jury pool with that statement. NOTHING points to anyone OTHER than Casey as Caylee's murderer. And THAT is based on the evidence released.

When everything we read points in only one direction - that little Caylee was dead in the trunk of Casey's car - and every expert out there to date confirms our thoughts, there is only one conclusion to come to. It was Caylee. Dead in the trunk of the car. For at least 2.5 days.

I'm willing to listen to any expert the defense can bring forward to say any thing different - well, any expert besides Dr. Henry Lee who seems to have sold out. And I think everyone else on the board is the same. It would have to be very powerful to make me shift my opinions one iota - and I just don't see that happening.

It is what it is.

I don't think he sold out. I just think he KNEW that Casey was behind this entire thing and the smell in the damn car plus the 31 days would convict her and nothing he could say or do would sway a Jury's mind.

Also the comments from Simon Burch at Johnson Towing Company
Simon Burch told investigators the smell was unbearable and that it didn't smell like garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni