Casey's Parents & Lawyers Bungle Public Relations

Reaction score
Casey Anthony: Her parents, lawyers bungle public relations
Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, NBC, Today, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on January, 10 2010 5:02 PM
<snipped>
How different might the Casey Anthony coverage be if George and Cindy Anthony stayed out of the limelight?

That is something they simply can&#8217;t &#8212; or won&#8217;t &#8212; do. He and Cindy have kept putting themselves out there, under the microscope.http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-lawyers-dont-help-with-public-relations.html

Odd choice of words since the only thing under the microscope, not by choice, is poor sweet little Caylee's tiny bones. What do you think about the media tours by the lawyers, experts and mom and pop? The defense has been advised against it, with comments perhaps welcome and some unwelcome. Like the thorn-bird, still... they do it. The trial is likely a year away, do you think they could decide to stop now and do no more harm to the case, or is it too late? What would you advise them to do from here on out? Andrea said she blames the media for the public outcry against her client.
This was discussed on Levi by our very own Tricia, former Florida prosecutors and others.http://www.levipageshow.blogspot.com/

Caylee and Casey Anthony, George and Cindy Anthony, NBC, Today, WOFL — posted by halboedeker on January, 10 2010 5:02 PM
<snipped>
How different might the Casey Anthony coverage be if George and Cindy Anthony stayed out of the limelight?

That is something they simply can’t — or won’t — do. Last week on WOFL-Channel 35, George shared a letter he had written. He talked about his troubles and read from an article he had written, titled “Living Under a Microscope.”

“Suddenly you are thrown into a life that you have no control over,” George read. “Your everyday walking, talking is analyzed, dissected and just plain torn apart.”

But he and Cindy have kept putting themselves out there, under the microscope.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...relations.html

IMO, George and Cindy need to keep their mouths shut and their faces off of Television. They are doing nothing but hurting Casey's defense. It appears to me that that may be what they are trying to do. Am I alone in feeling this way?

Thanks TWA for starting this thread.:)

IMO, George and Cindy need to keep their mouths shut and their faces off of Television. They are doing nothing but hurting Casey's defense. It appears to me that that may be what they are trying to do. Am I alone in feeling this way?

No, you're not. I can't imagine that they are that incapable of biting their tongues, especially when they must have been told to do so by Jose and/or Mark Nejame for the sake of KC's life. Brad may be onboard with what they are doing.
The A's have to craft this carefully though, that's why they only do media they will let them go on without challenge. They have always indicated that they think they above all others can manipulate KC enough to get the truth. This is not to say that I give them a pass, because they've impeded investigators in their rush to be the first to get KC to tell.

As for Jose, I think his thing is all about a muddy-the-waters tactic. JB also has looked at the demographics on this, too, and seems to feel that he has more spin control in the latino community news.
The circus thing worked for OJ and Robert Blake, and I suspect that JB is more into Johnny Cochran's style than Andrea Lyon's style. She is there to do her thing (to be the Shapiro/Bailey to JB's Cochran/Kardashian), he is there to do his, and he knew he could not be the lead on a DP case, so he started the antics early knowing he would bring a complimentary (AL) personality on board for the serious stuff, anyway.

<snipped>

That is something they simply can’t — or won’t — do. Last week on WOFL-Channel 35, George shared a letter he had written. He talked about his troubles and read from an article he had written, titled “Living Under a Microscope.”

“Suddenly you are thrown into a life that you have no control over,” George read. “Your everyday walking, talking is analyzed, dissected and just plain torn apart.”

But he and Cindy have kept putting themselves out there, under the microscope.

Article:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...relations.html
Odd choice of words since the only thing under the microscope, not by choice, is poor sweet little Caylee Marie. What do you think about the media tours by the lawyers, mom and pop? The trial is likely a year away, do you think they could decide to stop now and do no more harm to the case, or is it too late?

I think it is WAY too late.....

It should be painfully obvious to them by now that their public appearances are not well regarded by those who are at all familiar with the case. Maybe they think that a poor public image of them will provoke sympathy for their daughter.

Why is the trial still a year away? Isn't there such a thing as a defendent's right to speedy trial in Florida?

It should be painfully obvious to them by now that their public appearances are not well regarded by those who are at all familiar with the case. Maybe they think that a poor public image of them will provoke sympathy for their daughter.

Why is the trial still a year away? Isn't there such a thing as a defendent's right to speedy trial in Florida?

AL asked for the delay in trial date as she had "other comments" and needed more time to prepare for trial. The State is ready. Oh, and yes, the State still waits for defense's witness list.

Good morning. Can we get a working article link in the OP?
Also, this same topic has been moved out of the main forum 2 times now.
So, please keep it constructive discussion.
thanks very much.

Can someone post one as soon as possible?

Well, when they are silent, everybody thinks that means that they think Kc is guilty.
When they go to the National Media (only safe place) , everybody thinks they are messing everything up. So, its darned if they do and darned if they don't. It doesn't matter what they do, it won't matter. They are disliked in Orlando, they are not respected. As a matter of fact, anyone whom is attached to Kc that is on her side is generally disrespected. Their choices in protecting their daughter could not possibly be respected. Moo

It's too late for them to shut their traps now. They should have listened to CA's brother Rick. I sometimes wonder if they do it to make sure KC is convicted in order for them to claim later they had nothing to do with her conviction. KWIM?

Maybe they think that a poor public image of them will provoke sympathy for their daughter.

They are doing the media stories for the money - BIG MONEY. I think it's hypocritical of them to blame the media for their life under the microscope and then turn around with their hand out.

Good morning. Can we get a working article link in the OP?
Also, this same topic has been moved out of the main forum 2 times now.
So, please keep it constructive discussion.
thanks very much.

Can someone post one as soon as possible?
Thank you for posting the link TWA.

Ok, please keep it constructive so this thread doesn't have to join the other ones of the same topic in the parking lot.

Thanks everyone. :)

Well, when they are silent, everybody thinks that means that they think Kc is guilty.
When they go to the National Media (only safe place) , everybody thinks they are messing everything up. So, its darned if they do and darned if they don't. It doesn't matter what they do, it won't matter. They are disliked in Orlando, they are not respected. As a matter of fact, anyone whom is attached to Kc that is on her side is generally disrespected. Their choices in protecting their daughter could not possibly be respected. Moo

Disrespected is putting it mildly. Try despised. The reason for that is because of their own reprehensible behavior. Every parent would expect them to continue to feel for their daughter- that action would not be criticized. Other parents in similar situations do not lie, obstruct police investigations, lambaste and ridicule those involved in searching for a 'missing child' and laugh while planning to give investigators a dog's hairbrush so they can test it for Caylee's hair. They have total disrespect for Law Enforcement efforts and take every opportunity to criticize and lampoon their work- and this comes from two people who have never made the least effort except to try and cover up the crime of the daughter. Their predicament is of their own making.
As for anyone who is attached to Casey- take a look at the defense line up and ask who among them would engender the respect of the public ?

I respectfully disagree. IMO, if G & C were silent, people may think they are finally accepting the truth and are truly grieving grandparents and may actually feel a little sympathy for them. It's not them talking that riles everyone up, it's what they're saying. They aren't going to the media to tell their indescribably painful story or to beg for justice for Caylee or to hunt for her killer. I think them continuing the media tours and spewing their nonsense is not helping, but AL & JB constantly coming forth with their BS is extrememly damning towards kc. If the defense would quit their yammering right now, it may give people time to forget about some of their comedic claims and not dispise them so much.

JMO

They have lied repeatedly to law enforcement and media. That is why they are not respected. They do not deserve respect.

You are sooooo right NTS. I don't respect them either. Anyone that would cover for a baby killer doesn't deserve it. Of course, as always MOO.

they can talk all they want - doesn't change the evidence - her goose is well cooked.

I must admit that the A's media appearances do not bother me. I do not think anything about them when they are quiet. I don't care about them.

To me it is all about Justice for Caylee.

The A's are really just a sideshow now, they are just making noise. Justice for Caylee is basically in the hands of the Prosecution and I have confidence that they have a good case that is getting stronger by the day.

The A's are having the impact of keeping the story alive nationally, if not internationally which only hurts KC -- since more and more people become aware of the case and learn more about its history and true facts. They render a COV moot.

The Defense on the media also seems to do more harm than good. They are severely handicapped in that they can go to town on their bits of propaganda but they stall once the key questions are asked, like the 31 days and trunk. When they defer to that will be addressed at trial then it impacts the message they had. The facts of the case, in totality are insurmountable.

Given that the Defense enjoy such soft ball questions to date yet have not made much of a change to the perception of the general public in this case --- they'd need years to shift that perception. So it isn't helping the case, only helping them in their personal publicity.

The bottom-line is, so many people are so outraged about this particular crime -- which was really hyped to the max in those early months by the A's actions --- you simply cannot put the genie back in the bottle despite those crimes against children that have occurred since. It does not take the focus away.

The family AND Defense did a LOT of damage in those early weeks/months and no one was there for little Caylee. The nation adopted Caylee and she enjoys fierce support and love. Of course the A's cannot win either way now, they made a big mistake and it cannot be fixed.

While it was appropriate for the A's to love and support KC they did the opposite extreme and got involved in shenanigans to not just defend her but derail investigation. They did so at the price of turning away from Caylee.

It is all about Justice for Caylee and always will be.

They are not just protecting their daughter,they are protecting the person who murdered their grandchild. The lies and cover-ups are so obvious,but they seem to think they will get away with it. For instance,during a deposition Cindy says she may have typed in chloroform instead of chlorophyl. The computer forensics would be very detailed and can show that there was no connection to Cindy trying to find out why her dog was throwing up.LE and the SA will easily be able to prove that,but Cindy blathers on ,attempting to cover for KC.
We have filled many threads discussing all the ways GA and CA have lied,covered up and tried to dupe the public.One that makes me angriest was when they kept showing the picture of another little girl at the mall.They knew that did not look like Caylee.They used that child to "protect" their daughter. It will all come back to bite them.KC will be found guilty and then we'll see what the SA has in mind for George and Cindy. JMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back