Simon Cowell leaving American Idol

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Simon Cowell, the acerbic Brit who has helped give "American Idol" some of its sharpest — and nastiest — moments, will leave the popular singing show after this season.

The cantankerous judge said that "The X Factor," a show he created and is a hit in Britain, will join Fox's schedule next year. Cowell will be on "The X Factor."

Cowell's decision is the biggest threat yet to what has been the country's most popular TV program and a true cultural force. This season, original host Paula Abdul has been replaced by Ellen DeGeneres.

http://tv.yahoo.com/american-idol/s...g/tv-news.en.ap.org-20100111-us_tv_fox_cowell

LMAO, we posted at the same time... maybe someone can delete mine?

Maybe Piers will take the job. I like him. :(

Or one of the guys from Dragons Den. lol

Piers seems the only one fit to take Simon's place. I feel they will lose much without Simon. I think he is always on target as a judge. He will be missed as Paula will be.

Goz

The show just won't be the same without him:snooty:- he is what really makes the show! First Paula, now him...

I hate to say it, but with the X Factor coming to Fox next season, and taking Simon, I don't see American Idol lasting much longer.
Sadly, I think you're right, and it's too bad, I was hoping the show would last another 8 years so my daughter might get a shot...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back