John Douglas

Jayelles

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Seemingly he did a lengthy radio segment on the Ramsey case and concluded with the comment that Michael Helgoth is a good suspect. He doesn't appear to know that Michael Helgoth was cleared on DNA!

Jayelles said:
Seemingly he did a lengthy radio segment on the Ramsey case and concluded with the comment that Michael Helgoth is a good suspect. He doesn't appear to know that Michael Helgoth was cleared on DNA!

I lost all respect for John Douglas the second he joined the Ramsey camp!

He went against his own procedures and just did a half rate,sloppy job and for what? Money?? He has as much credibilty as Tracey!

Who cares what John Douglas thinks anymore? He has no credibility left.

It's just so funny that the focus of RST now is a DEAD guy who cannot defend himself. There is not ONE shred of evidence that ties him to being in that house on Dec. 26, 1996.

John Douglas is a joke. Just ask his peers.....

messiecake said:
I lost all respect for John Douglas the second he joined the Ramsey camp!

He went against his own procedures and just did a half rate,sloppy job and for what? Money?? He has as much credibilty as Tracey!

No kidding Messie....he took $50,000 from the Ramsey's when his career was on the skids, gave it back months and months and months later after he made a lot of money on talk shows, etc. He was in on it for the money indeed! For one thing he violated his own rule to interview John and Patsy seperately!!!!! Huh????? Why lecture all other LE to interview the 'suspects' separately and NOT do it and then declare he thinks the Ramsey's are innocent.

Innocent my A$$.

Show Me said:
No kidding Messie....he took $50,000 from the Ramsey's when his career was on the skids, gave it back months and months and months later after he made a lot of money on talk shows, etc. He was in on it for the money indeed! For one thing he violated his own rule to interview John and Patsy seperately!!!!! Huh????? Why lecture all other LE to interview the 'suspects' separately and NOT do it and then declare he thinks the Ramsey's are innocent.

Innocent my A$$.

You don't believe that the Ramseys paid him $50K for at most 1 week's work do you? How much did he get paid for making talk show appearances? I've never seen any reports of what talk show pay their guests. Since there have been 2 prevailing theories on what caused JB's death, he was hired to use his professional skills to develop a theory about an intruder. When he did the profile, the evidence was circumstantial, Patsy's handwriting hadn't come into question, and it was a possible theory (IMO, it still is) to explain what was found.

vicktor said:
he was hired to use his professional skills to develop a theory about an intruder.
Exactly victor!
The man did the job he was hired to do. He stuck his foot into the chit--and now he can't go backwards and claim he never smelled the stink.

Vicktor the Ramseys did pay Douglas 50,000...Douglas claims he eventually gave it back.
----------------

Shylock posted
Exactly victor!
The man did the job he was hired to do. He stuck his foot into the chit--and now he can't go backwards and claim he never smelled the stink.

That's my opinion also Shylock! Douglas used the Ramsey case to bolster his lagging career and book sales.

There is one word to describe John Douglas. Corrupt!

Ethics and law enforcement
FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin,The

Corruption

"Corruption represents one ethical issue facing law enforcement officers. Police corruption is the lack of police integrity. (9) It also constitutes one of the most significant obstacles to positive police-public relations in today's society. Eight corruption issues face law enforcement personnel daily. These issues are the"--

(1.) "acceptance of gratuities;" :furious:

(2.) "association with known criminals without a supervisor's knowledge or consent";

(3.) "disclosure or furnishing of confidential information, files, reports, computer information, or the identity of confidential sources to unauthorized persons";

4) "disclosure of any information concerning ongoing or planned investigations to any officer, person, agency, office, bureau, department, news medium, or group not directly involved in the investigation, without the express consent of the commanding officer";

5) "falsification of affidavits, warrants, or other official reports";

6) "harassment of, taking action against, or failing to take proper action against any person due to race, sex, creed, religion, national origin, or sexual orientation";

7) "sexual or ethnic harassment of citizens, coworkers, or subordinates"; and

8) "failure to protect the rights of citizens and to follow laws, policy, and court decisions regarding those rights with reference to probable cause, arrest, evidence, interrogation, collection/protection and report preparation! submission". (10)

vicktor said:
You don't believe that the Ramseys paid him $50K for at most 1 week's work do you? How much did he get paid for making talk show appearances? I've never seen any reports of what talk show pay their guests. Since there have been 2 prevailing theories on what caused JB's death, he was hired to use his professional skills to develop a theory about an intruder. When he did the profile, the evidence was circumstantial, Patsy's handwriting hadn't come into question, and it was a possible theory (IMO, it still is) to explain what was found.

I can only imagine what they paid Gelb to pass them on a polygraph!...and he was their third polygrapher

Shawna said:
There is one word to describe John Douglas. Corrupt!

(1.) "acceptance of gratuities;" :furious:

If he was employed by an organization at the time of doing the job, he had to get permission to take an outside consulting job. His agreement with the Ramseys was an employment contract, calling for payment for services rendered. Suppose John told him to create an intruder theory, yet he had a feeling that the Ramseys were responsible. Would he risk their later conviction damaging his rep? Also, evidence might have surfaced after putting forth his theory, that would point to the Ramseys. What then?

Great post Shawna!

Vicktor...Douglas didn't follow his own advice and interview the Ramseys seperately....maybe he's not so corrupt....just an idiot.

K777angel said:
Who cares what John Douglas thinks anymore? He has no credibility left.

It's just so funny that the focus of RST now is a DEAD guy who cannot defend himself. There is not ONE shred of evidence that ties him to being in that house on Dec. 26, 1996.

John Douglas is a joke. Just ask his peers.....

Agreed K777angel. He lost all credibility when he went against his investigative techniques. I used to respect him until he joined Team Ramsey.

Yep, just ask his peers. I think McCary(sp) and Ressler have a really hard time keeping a straight face when his name is mentioned as an expert.

Eric Leonard just announced on KFI that he is putting together a Ramsey show which will offer a different view than Douglas'. He also said that he received alot of "hate mail" from last week's show.

What I resent about Douglas is his arrogance.

He repeats his "accomplishments" or where he was "right" and everyone else was "wrong" over and over ad nausm. For example, Wayne Williams- how "right" he was in profilinghim as black, and how "wrong" the local cops were.

It is no secret that he seeks publicity and exposure and took the radio show as a stepping stone for his TV show. It is no secret that the F.B.I. does not solve murders. It is no secret that many homicide detectives think the F.B.I. profiling program is a tool, not the bible and much of it is common sense which they knew anyway.

He said he accepted $3000 from the Ramseys. According to his book, he also had his travel expenses paid.

Sabrina said:
It is no secret that the F.B.I. does not solve murders. It is no secret that many homicide detectives think the F.B.I. profiling program is a tool, not the bible and much of it is common sense which they knew anyway.

Perfect example of the FBI getting it wrong............The DC Snipers!!

They thought it was ONE,WHITE man!!

Douglas is the only profiler who has given the Ramseys a pass
Douglas is the only profiler who received $$$$ FROM THE RAMSEYS
Douglas is the only profiler who is mentioned by RST over and over again.
Douglas is the only profiler who thinks Helgoth is a good suspect

Robert Ressler is a fine profiler, along with many others who DO NOT give the Ramseys a pass

You do the math!

McCrary and Ressler both agreed...John Douglas VOIDED the Ramsey interview, because he did not interview them seperately. In fact they both were shocked Douglas did such an unprofessional interview.

Douglas's interview does not count, it's invalid in the eyes of the FBI and LE.

Show Me said:
Douglas's interview does not count, it's invalid in the eyes of the FBI and LE.

Somewhere, it was stated that Douglas interviewed JOhn, but not Patsy. This brings up the question of the difference between a profiler and a detective. A profiler's job is to describe the personal characteristics and type of person who has committed a crime(s), based on the evidence and info they see at the crime scene(s). A detective's job is to locate and interview people who could have done the crime, then look at evidence, witness statements, if any, and suspect statements, to find out who is the best suspect. These 2 people have different focuses.

Douglas was hired to create a profile, not to absolve certain people, or to determine their guilt. He probably used his past experience, his hunch, and his interview with John to arrive at his best prediction. As noted by another poster about the DC sniper case, profilers sometimes are off on major characteristics. While I don't remember each detail of Douglas' profile, it was generally opposite of what is known of the Ramseys.

In the Jeffrey McDonald murder case, the defendant, McDonald hired a writer Joe McGinniss, to write a book about the case, feeling that it would bolster his claim of innocence. As I recall, McGinniss went in with an open mind, but as he got caught up in and studied the case, he became convinced that McDonald was guilty. He said at one point that while he had been hired to write about an innocent man being framed, his knowledge and integrity directed him to change his tack and cast doubts on McDonald.

I thought it was the other way 'round. He was hired specifically to determine whether John was guilty and not to do a profile. I'll have to look it up.

Barbara said:
Douglas is the only profiler who has given the Ramseys a pass
Douglas is the only profiler who received $$$$ FROM THE RAMSEYS
Right, Barbara.

Douglas showed up to collect his paycheck without biting the hand that fed him. That's all there is to it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back