GUILTY TX - Terri Sanvicente, 40, beaten to death, Harris County, 24 Dec 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
If you've ever wondered WTH was a murdering father/husband thinking, this one shares his cold, callous story.

<snip>

He had to kill her, he said.

Terri Sanvicente, 40, had won primary custody of all three of the couple's children at trial a few weeks earlier.

Jurors ordered that Jason Ray Bouchard's visits be supervised, in part because of the sexual assault allegations by his daughter that he emphatically denies.

Bouchard — who now faces capital murder charges in the Harris County Jail — said Sunday that he would not have his children, ages 3, 6 and 8, raised by a woman he believed was brainwashing them into thinking their father was a bad man. Worse yet, he worried that Sanvicente might take off with their kids.

So on the night of Dec. 23, Bouchard said, he went to a Spring-area Walmart to buy a crowbar.

Around 5 the following morning, Christmas Eve, Bouchard put on jeans and a grey hooded sweatshirt and drove to Sanvicente's home in the 16400 block of Sky Blue near FM 1960 and Highway 529.

He pulled the hood over his head — so he wouldn't get wet in the rain — walked around the back of the house, poured a full gallon of gasoline on the window ledge near the back door and set it on fire.

“ … So they wouldn't leave out the back door,” said 36-year-old Bouchard, who served in the U.S. Army for six years.

more here

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6820866.html

And over here at my house, we're trying to figure out what we can do to help with Haiti--a genuine uncalled for natural disaster. My husband is most likely leaving for an extended stay to work. And then I read this. Here, in the midst of all the "things" we have, the relative safety, the assurance of food and shelter and infrastructure, a man does this??!! When we should be trying to ease each others' path. Why? Doesn't your heart just ache?

Nature, karma, God doles out enough trials and tribulations to all of us. Why does a human being suddenly decide to be selfish and cruel and destroy a whole family? I can wrap my mind around mental illness and breaks of sanity but I don't understand evil and cruelty. I'm not sure I want to.

Just, plain, why?

omg wtf. Those poor babies.

Hi Texas and Missi.

If this is the start of 2010, I'm really scared! There is too much pain already, and we're only into day 18. Thousands dead already, and now this horrible story. I hope we can look forward to finding baby Gabriel, Susan Powell, and the conviction of Casey Anthony. And, of course, the death penalty for this "husband" who murdered his wife. May God help us all. Hugs, Mel

This poor woman. According to this link she never had a good roster. Raised up in California she fought drug addiction and overcame it. She moved to Texas to marry, and unfortunately that guy was abusive. Then she got murdered by this guy? Bashed and set ablaze.

Link says how friends are stunned. She had turned her life around years ago. Was a good mother and also a very dear friend. No insurance policy. Kids are with family friend for now.

Ughhhhhhhhh. You overcome adversity and are a productive citizen and you're beat to death with a crowbar?

http://investing.businessweek.com/r...Company||provider||ACQUIREMEDIA&symbol=WAG:US

Hi Texas and Missi.

If this is the start of 2010, I'm really scared! There is too much pain already, and we're only into day 18. Thousands dead already, and now this horrible story. I hope we can look forward to finding baby Gabriel, Susan Powell, and the conviction of Casey Anthony. And, of course, the death penalty for this "husband" who murdered his wife. May God help us all. Hugs, Mel

and justice for jaycee........thought that probably wont be for years.

Sorry for always double posting. Something goes bonkers with my edit button.

It seems Terri was a huge fan of Adam Lambert's and was on Twitter with his other fans. They set up a memorial for her. Plenty of information there to help. It's a nice page. Nice tribute.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=221826348751

Those words, "had to kill her" are actually the only words that give me some sense that severe mental illness or a psychotic break occurred.

My God, how can anyone do this to their children, if they are not truly insane? Don't get me wrong, I don't think insanity absolves guilt or should shorten punishment, but he has virtually made these children orphans or worse, as their Mothers killer.

May he find forgiveness, as I would not be able to forgive him if he were my Father. God bless these children and I hope find a way to heal from the memories of such a horrible trajedy.

I hope these children never see their fathers words in print, I have to wonder with the fire so they couldnt get out if he had planned on killing them too?

This guy is truly evil! Saying he had to kill her and I clocked her good. He did this terrible act in front of his sons. Not to mention he could have killed them all by setting the house on fir. The article said there are two families who want to adopt the kids so thank God for that. I just hope and pray those boys can lead a normal life after watching their father kill their mother!

And I'd hazard to guess 14 of those minutes were spent waiting a respectable amount of time before they notified the court they had reached a verdict.

No they probably didn't wait deliberately. They took time to get something to drink and go to the BR. J/K

What gets me is that according to this guy he didn't do anything wrong and she was making him look bad to his kids. He didn't think killing her would make him look bad? Not to mention killing her in front of the kids?

The court evidently thought there was grounds to keep him under supervision while he was visiting the kids. That tells me there was most likely some type of abuse proven.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back