NY NY - Shane Anthony Walker, 2, kidnapped from Harlem playground, New York, 10 Aug 1989

lindsay

Reaction score
Date Of Birth: December 7, 1987
Age at Time of Disappearance: 1 year old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'0; 23 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes. Walker's hair was braided and pushed back at the time of his disappearance.
Marks, Scars: He has a small scar under his chin.
Clothing: A blue and white shirt; light blue pants; and white LA Gear sneakers.

Age Progression
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Dec 7, 1987
Missing Date: Aug 10, 1989
Age Now: 18
Missing City: NEW YORK
Missing State : NY
Missing Country: United States
Case Number: NCMC727904

NCME

Charley Project

Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

Just shy of his second birthday, Shane Anthony Walker was playing on a swing in a Harlem playground when two older children asked his mom if they could push him.

Rosa Glover took a seat on a bench at the 112th Street and Lenox Avenue park. She chatted briefly to a man sitting next to her and, when she turned back to watch her son, he was gone.

That was on Aug. 10, 1989. Shane has still not been found.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved#ixzz1v6sfNsqr

image640x480.jpg

just came across this case, so strange with the children playing with them!
creepy.
Also read about Andre Bryant who went missing in the same area and time these boys did.

Chilling cold case: Mom faces park where son disappeared for first time

http://abc7ny.com/chilling-cold-case-mom-faces-park-where-son-disappeared/3127138/

"I turned my head and turned back, and Shane was gone," remembered Shane's mom, Rosa Glover.

Glover has avoided the park where she lost Shane since the incident, but she decided to face it for the first time with 7 On Your Side Investigates.

"Wow, I didn't expect to feel this way," Glover said, fighting back tears while looking at the bench where she sat the day she lost her son. "My heart, it's just moving fast, moving fast. All the memories coming back. Wow."

Glover said she can't understand how nobody saw her son leaving the park.

on unsolved it was said that both the children and the parents were cleared and that the man with the braids was also clear but I don't buy that.
I wonder if the mothers of both boys have dna submited to ancestry or 23 and me

Yeah, I’ve just watched Unsolved and wasn’t buying the HUGE coincidence that Shane should go missing, a) after two kids insist on playing with him and are then seen re-entering the park and b) at the same time a man sits next to his mother and diverts her attention.
Then they say on the program both the kids and the man checked out so OK fine, the police were satisfied. But Shane’s Charley page says the same kids were also seen playing with Christopher Dansby before he went missing and that the man who distracted Shane’s mum was talking to her about kidnapping and said “things happen to children”. It’s possible he was referring to Christopher’s disappearance. But still....

Last edited:
Good point. I also saw the episode and found that coincidence very odd. It must be more to it. They should re-interview these persons again. Perhaps their story is different today.

from charleyproject
A seven-year-old boy from Christopher's neighborhood told authorities he saw Christopher walking on west 111th Street later in the day. According to the witness, Christopher was accompanied by an unidentified African-American male. Christopher has never been seen again. A sketch of the man he was with is posted with this case summary. He is described as African-American, between 25 and 30 years old, six feet tall and thin, with dreadlocked hair.

Christopher's case shares striking similarities with the disappearance of Shane Walker, who disappeared from the same area of the same playground in August 1989, three months after Christopher did.

Both boys were African-American toddlers and lived in the same apartment building. Both disappeared on the same day of the week (Thursday) at roughly the same time of day (Shane at 5:00 p.m. and Christopher at 7:00 p.m.) In addition, just before his disappearance, Christopher was playing the same two children who were with Shane when he was last seen. Police still aren't sure whether the cases are related, however.

Just posted this on Christopher Dansby's thread, putting it here to cross-reference

NY - NY - Christopher Dansby, 13 mos, New York, 18 May 1989

Watched the Unsolved Mysteries episode. & I agree w/ what everyone is saying both on this thread & Dansby's.

The 2 kids & the man who sat next to Walker's mom that day at the playground should definitely be re-interviewed.

My other thought is that this seems like the type of cases in which the perpetrator(s) might have attempted other abductions before or after.

Hope this episode jogs memories and the Dansby & Walker families get answers. My deeper hope is that both are still alive, were taken care of, but just don't know their own histories.

One more thing, the episode said police were able to trace Christopher Dansby's scent to Lenox Avenue & 110th Street before it was lost. There's no info in the episode about where dogs might have traced Shane Walker's scent.
Please correct me if I'm wrong

Really don’t like the sound of this. I have also read her polygraph was inconclusive.

upload_2020-11-25_12-48-20.jpeg

Shane’s mother had nothing to do with his disappearance. She had him at 35 after believing she couldn’t have kids. That was her miracle baby. She has age progression pics of him from the NCME framed in her living room because that’s the only way she can see him grow up. She probably tried to claim money to hire a private investigator, for THERAPY, for general financial hardship, etc.

April 18 2021
''HARLEM, Manhattan (WABC) -- Nearly three decades after two toddlers went missing from the same Harlem playground, New York City Police have yet to find the boys or name a suspect.

At the age of two, Christopher Dansby went missing on the evening of May 18, 1989, while playing at Martin Luther King Playground.

Nearly three months later, on the evening of August 10, Shane Walker disappeared from the same park under eerily similar circumstances.

"I turned my head and turned back, and Shane was gone," remembered Shane's mom, Rosa Glover.''

''She recalled a young boy and a girl asked to play with Shane, which she found odd because they were several years older than her son.

Glover said she agreed to let them push Shane in the swing and sat on a nearby bench.

She said a man came and sat beside her and started talking to her. She says she looked away for a second, and Shane was gone.

"My heart just dropped," Glover said. "Not a day goes by that, that doesn't haunt me."

Glover has never stopped searching for her son. This year, he'd be turning 31. Age progression images illustrate what he may look like today.

"He looks a lot different," Glover said referencing the photos.''
''About a year after Shane disappeared, Glover appeared on the "Geraldo Rivera Show" and talked to psychics who provided a theory.

"They said he was sold in the black market and adopted," Glover said.''
3130005_022318-wabc-cold-case-shane-5-new-img.jpg

This is what Shane Walker would look like today, at age 30.
The National Missing and Unidentified Person System

Sept 7 2021
''HARLEM, Manhattan (WABC) -- Nearly three decades after two toddlers went missing from the same Harlem playground, New York City Police have yet to find the boys or name a suspect.

At the age of two, Christopher Dansby went missing on the evening of May 18, 1989, while playing at Martin Luther King Playground.

Nearly three months later, on the evening of August 10, Shane Walker disappeared from the same park under eerily similar circumstances.

"I turned my head and turned back, and Shane was gone," remembered Shane's mom, Rosa Glover.''

''Glover has never stopped searching for her son. This year, he'd be turning 31. Age progression images illustrate what he may look like today.

"He looks a lot different," Glover said referencing the photos.''

''Glover said she was recently assigned a new detective, and she is hoping that will breathe new life into the case.

Police are asking anyone with information about what happened to Shane or Christopher to call Crime Stoppers at 1800-577-TIPS for an up to $2,500 reward.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back