Arizona Father Loses Grip, Son Swept Away by Flood

jnTexas

Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)
Reaction score
A father clung to his son and a tree in a rain-swollen northern Arizona river before losing his grip on the 6-year-old boy, who was swept away by the rushing waters and is presumed dead, a fire chief said.
They were trying to get Jacob to a hospital because he was sick, authorities said.

The family left their home about 70 miles north of Phoenix and headed out on a dirt road that normally is passable.

Tributaries of the nearby Agua Fria River had already flooded local roads. The Baudeks crossed one of them, then decided travel was too dangerous and turned back. They made it 40 feet across a 50-foot wash when the fast-moving water caught their Chevrolet Avalanche and carried it 20 feet downstream, said Mayer Fire Chief Glenn Brown.

Katrina Baudek escaped to higher ground as her husband moved the two children into the truck's bed for safety.

A witness nearby heard the commotion and threw David Baudek a rope while someone called for help, as storm waters rose and covered the truck's roof, Brown said. Separated by 40 feet of rushing water, rescuers could do nothing but beg for a helicopter — something weather conditions wouldn't allow, he said.

more at the link

This is just so heartbreaking. they were trying to get him to a hospital. The chance he is still alive are very small. I hope they find him soon so the family can have closure.

That is heartbreaking - I think my heart would stop if that happened to me....

God bless this family. The poor father must feel so awful, despite the fact that he did everything he could to protect his family.

It is scary in Arizona when it rains. Living in CA I was used to driving in the rain, but was on the freeway in Phoenix during a heavy storm. Accidents were occuring due to sudden traffic stops. Traffic on the freeway slowed to about 5 mph. In CA it wouldn't have phased traffic a bit.

Where I live now, in Texas, people seem to drive FASTER when it rains :crazy: The accidents climb tremendously.

Heartbreaking-- and absolutely terrifying how one little family's existence is now forever changed...and all because of trying to get a sick child to an emergency room! :(

Heartbreaking-- and absolutely terrifying how one little family's existence is now forever changed...and all because of trying to get a sick child to an emergency room! :(

They were doing everything right and lost their child because of it. This type of thing makes me wonder if anyone or anything is really in charge of our world, like God, or does He just sit and watch?

Sheriff: Hikers find body of boy swept away by floodwaters

Reported by: Katrina Wessman
Email: kwessman@abc15.com
Reported by: Angie Holdsworth
Last Update: 4:22 pm

Yavapai County Sheriff's spokesman Roial Armstrong said that around noon Saturday the body of Jacob Baudek was found by friends of the boy's family.

Armstrong said Jacob's body was found about three miles from the truck, along the banks of the Agua Fria River between Interstate 17 and Arcosanti, northeast of Cordes Junction.

Sheriff's spokesman Dwight D'Evelyn said the location of Jacob's body was significantly farther away from items belonging to the boy than expected.

more here

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/n...boy-swept-away-by/MS7iqshNX02NGwiraLL_cg.cspx

RIP, little Jacob

There's no words. Prayers for this family. I'm so sorry.

OMG this is soooo heartbreaking. My prayers for this family.

This happened to one of my best friends when we were 14 years old. Time has eased the pain, but nothing can ever take it away. My prayers are with this family tonight. God, please give them the strength they need to endure this.

this story...when there is someone to blame, a murderer, molester, ect for a child's pain and or death, it doesn't make it easier, but at least there's somewhere to direct the hurt. In this situation, i'm broken :( THey just wanted to do what they needed for their child. RIP little one :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back