Ethiopian Airlines 737 crashes into Mediterranean

Reaction score
from http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8478060.stm:

An Ethiopian Airlines passenger plane with 89 people on board has crashed into the Mediterranean Sea shortly after take-off from Beirut airport.

Eyewitnesses say they saw a ball of fire in the sky before Addis Ababa-bound Flight ET409 fell into the sea.

----------------------------------------------

Ethiopian Airlines has an excellent safety record overall. They are one of the few sub-saharan African airlines allowed to fly into the US. This is a sad day.

Some reports I have read suggested survivors have been found in the wreckage. Pray that more survivors are found, and pray for the families of those lost.

With all the hubub in India and the UK (re: terror alerts) I can't help but wonder if this was a terror attack. :(

Prayers for everyone involved...

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/...ebanon-plane-crash-army-says--5th-update.html
Survivors found in Lebanon plane crash, army says - 5th Update
<snipped>
Local media quoted Lebanese army officials as saying that seven survivors had been rescued. According to other reports, police officers said there had been two survivors. The conflicting reports of survivors did not specify the nationalities involved.
The Boeing aircraft disappeared off the radar screens shortly after takeoff, the state-run Lebanese National News Agency reported.

Witnesses in the area said they heard a loud noise and then saw a plane on fire plunging into the water

I don't understand how anyone could have survived?:waitasec:

Don't get me wrong...it's just that according to eyewitness reports, I think it's impossible. Hope I'm wrong!

Linda, you are right. Updated reports are now saying that no one has been found alive. The early reports on survivors must have been a miscommunication. What a tragedy! Keep those prayers coming for the families of the lost, as well as the search teams and all else involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veryinterested68
Back