DE - 250 Pairs Of Shoes Found May Lead To Fetish Burglar

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Mercy Filly! There are all kinds of weirdos in this world, eh! I can imagine why the photos were taken but why shoes? I just don't get the shoe fettish thing.

Hope LE catches the perp. I can't imagine how violated the male victims must feel......

wm

Mercy Filly! There are all kinds of weirdos in this world, eh! I can imagine why the photos were taken but why shoes? I just don't get the shoe fettish thing.

Hope LE catches the perp. I can't imagine how violated the male victims must feel......

wm

How weird! I can see a woman stealing an ex boyfriend's favorite kicks but the amount of shoes found and that have been stolen is pretty high for a 'grudge theft'. If the shoe thief is a man, was he stealing shoes until he found some that fit?

What a strange world we live in. I will admit that this particular story is a lot lighter than some of the crime we read about. I hope they catch the shoe thief.

I hope they find the perp. soon. How do they know that he was only interested in collecting shoes, because photos were also found. Maybe this was a prelude to something worse and I hope that everything is thoroughly investigated. Feel sorry for the burglary victims because they probably wonder if they are being targeted.

Stories like this are worrisome as many people who have fetishes can move up a notch in their criminal behavior. My guess is that this person started reasonably harmlessly, collecting shoes of family members or friends or even used shoes left unattended.

There was a very scary video released recently in the UK about a man who sniffed at men's bottoms while they were shopping. The victim shown in the video was totally oblivious as this man went about his perversion. I wonder if the perp hadn't started out with shoes or other clothing items and moved up to sniffing bodies.

In reading about festishes, I found that some people stay at the same level for their entire lives but others escalate. Breaking and entering a stranger's home is certainly an escalation and a crime. Where could this be going?

Mercy Filly! There are all kinds of weirdos in this world, eh!

You said it, WM.

This one happens to like to do his work in Delaware.

We'll see if there's any news in my local today. On an aside my mom saw this on the news and goes "Oh please. Some college kids collected those shoes for the people of Haiti and wanted to keep them for themselves".:waitasec:

Oh yeah. O.K., Ma. So they threw them by the creek to get soaked and they belong to people who were burglarized. For the record now ya all know why I'm a loop. Raised by Mrs. Sherlock Holmes.

This guy broke into the same Frat House twice. Once over Thanksgiving and once over Christmas break. Some of the college kids believe they've seen their sneakers in the picture LE is displaying.

The guy also stole the photograph of the Frat Brothers. Their group photograph.

O.K. if he's been doing this for six years why'd he just dump all this stuff now? Why'd the guy walking along the road pick the bags up and take them to LE? Hmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bal-md.hermann27jan27,0,5713446.story

Maybe he kicked the habit.

Cracked me up, MM. That was stellar.

I'm so bad wanting them to find this person. I want to know what in this great earth would possess a person to do this. Maybe they'd let me interview him/her. I'd take my shoes off first though.

Cracked me up, MM. That was stellar.

I'm so bad wanting them to find this person. I want to know what in this great earth would possess a person to do this. Maybe they'd let me interview him/her. I'd take my shoes off first though.

Naw....he wouldn't want your shoes because you are a Filly!

Sorry couldn't resist, you and Marine Mom and Boyz_mom are cracking me up!

I do want to know who and why someone is stealing shoes, photos and boxer shorts. Makes me wonder if it's some female who is collecting 'trophies' for some reason. A yellow mitsubishi sounds more like a car a female would drive to me. MOO.

OH I just reread the article and a man was reportledly driving the yellow mitsubishi.

wm

I wonder if the guy suddenly got kicked out due to the excess shoes or lost his home for some other reason (nutty behavior?). Most male room mates are not real partial to another guy going through their stuff. I wouldn't be surprised that if the Foot Fetish Guy himself dumped them or was made to dump them, he tried to visit them. He will be very sad that they've been taken away.

If he's a person with mental health issues, I could see a parent forcing him to take the shoes and get rid of them. Maybe, he thought he'd stash them instead of dropping them off at the thrift store. These guys can amass huge amounts of their item of choice. Remember our famous Oregon panty-thief? His parents actually knew about his little problem but tried to ignore it. Panties don't take up as much floor space as adult men's shoes, though.

If I had to do a profile, I'll bet this guy lives in a group home or with his mother only. Maybe wishing he could "fill Daddy's shoes". Who knows with fetishes. They are so quirky.

I feel like standing up in the room and saying, "Hello, my name is Missizzy and I have a fetish. Yes, I have to admit that I do own 2,762 skeins of beautiful yarn but I love each one of them and know them by their names, gauge weights, and fiber content. Yes, I squeeze them, sniff them, and visit them. I need help."

Ye, without sin, cast the first stone. Has everyone checked their cookbook shelf, scarf rack, fishing lure collection, etc. Hmmmm. And my yarn better not end up down by the river!!

So, they got him!!

"Police arrested a Newark man Friday, charging him with stealing thousands of men’s shoes and photos of his victims over two decades on the campus of the University of Delaware and surrounding neighborhoods.

Newark Police say Walter J. Rubincan Jr., 46, broke into Newark homes, apartments and fraternity houses, bypassing expensive electronics and jewelry to go for the shoes and photos instead.

Several thousand shoes in 150 boxes were taken from Rubincan’s home Friday, police said. He was charged with 25 counts of burglary, 77 counts of theft and 15 counts of criminal mischief. Rubincan was arraigned and cash bail was set at $138,000."

Looks like a man with the same name just passed away on Jan. 2nd in Columbus, Ohio. This must be his son, a Junior. Walter J. Rubincan Jr. is listed as a figure skater at the University of Delaware in 1999. He placed in Interpretive Skating:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/199899/usadultchamps/adultinterpevents.htm

There was mention that, besides shoes, he also stole hockey sticks and other sports equipment. I wonder if the death of his father spurred the disposal of the first bags of shoes?

http://www.udel.edu/udfsc/results/00nat.html

2000 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships

Congratulations to the following adults who qualified for the 2000 U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships, held in Lake Placid, New York, on April 13-16, 2000.

Silver Men II
Walter Rubincan

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/crime/blog/
Some photos of Mr. Rubincan and some more info:

"The suspect is a competitive figure skater, and some neighbors think they now know why shoes vanished from their front porch."

and a statement from LE:

"Police in Delaware announced Friday night that they have arrested a man in connection with a spree of burglaries over the past two decades in which thousands of pairs of men's shoes and photos of men were stolen........

The investigation revealed that the defendant has been stealing shoes in and around Newark for about 20 years."

Looks like a man with the same name just passed away on Jan. 2nd in Columbus, Ohio. This must be his son, a Junior. Walter J. Rubincan Jr. is listed as a figure skater at the University of Delaware in 1999. He placed in Interpretive Skating:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/events/199899/usadultchamps/adultinterpevents.htm

There was mention that, besides shoes, he also stole hockey sticks and other sports equipment. I wonder if the death of his father spurred the disposal of the first bags of shoes?

First off.

WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

O.K. got that over with. This is him? Him?

Secondly, that would have made him like early 30's when he was competing? Hmmmmmm.

Most importantly. Iz, you said it. Back in your one post about "filling daddy's shoes". Then here daddy passes away and suddenly the guy is tossing the shoes in a creek?

O.K. how do we interview him? Although he stole a mandolin? A ton of other stuff. What's up with the photographs? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Filly--The more I ponder this one, I'm wondering if Mr. Rubincan wasn't "in the closet" but secretly longed for companionship with frat guys and that's why he stole their shoes. Maybe, he couldn't have the real live person (because every guy he brought home left after peeking under his bed) so he settled for the shoes and a photo. Sad and pretty sick.

It is strange that he was competitively skating into his 30's. I don't know skating but I wouldn't think that's typical. Does the "Silver" mean second place or "older guy"?

I don't get why he decided to start getting rid of the shoes after his Dad died. We need a psych eval, I'm afraid. Dr. Freud would have a juicy time with this one, wouldn't he?

FWIW, Mr. Rubincan doesn't look like a happy camper.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back