GUILTY UT - Robert Hendricks, 2 mos, smothered by mom, Ogden, 24 Jan 2010

mysterygirl

A Nancy Drew Wannabe
Reaction score
http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14263454

I didn't see a thread on this.

A mother was arrested for smothering her son to death. Robert Hendricks was 2 months old. His twin brother Daniel was unharmed. Jewell Hendricks told investigators that Robert would not stop crying.

In her picture she looks like an exhausted 25 y.o. woman that snapped.

God this makes me so sad. The father of the boys was in the house and not involved in the crime... so far.

Why didn't she just give the baby to anyone and say......please take him for a little while, I am about to lose it......

Heartbreaking.........and so preventable and senseless.

RIP little Robert.....your twin will never get to laugh and play with you...

Oh MG that is so sad.

Even if there's nobody to ask for help or give the baby to just put him in a room in a crib and shut the door. Just for a few minutes until you regain your composure. Maybe she felt "less than" you know as a mother because she couldn't keep her little one from crying. Sometimes we want to do it all. Know it all. We're programmed oftent that it's a mom's job.

Also perhaps the father had to go to work. Maybe he worked shift work? Perhaps she was afraid to wake him? She does sure look distraught.

I found a Myspace for her. It's older and she sounds happy to be expecting twins. Seems like a normal, everyday woman. It said she worked at a hotel. Now, she's locked up and will never forgive herself and her other child was taken. Very sad.

http://www.myspace.com/458171765

i wish i could add comment 'baby killer' to her myspace.
im sorry she's getting no sympathy here, unless this is actualy a syds or natural death and the police have it wrong.

I don't think the police have it wrong......it sounds like she just lost it.

These things leave me speechless at times.....it hurts to read it.......

this is why i say give the woman who left her 8 month old baby at the police statio, safely, and in good condtion, a break.
she may have been overwhelmed but she knew how to control herslf unlike this fool.

Poor precious angel. Another innocent child lost to the hands of the "mother".

Mother found competent for trial in baby's death

OGDEN, Utah (AP) - An Ogden woman charged with murder in the January death of her 2-month-old son has been found competent to stand trial.
Charges say Hendricks' infant son, Robert Hendricks, was smothered with a sleeping bag and had a skull fracture and other injuries.

Police say Hendricks called 911 Jan. 24 to report that her baby had stopped breathing. He died on the way to the hospital. Robert was one of twin boys.

Hendricks' public defender says his client is legally competent but that mental health issues such as postpartum depression and sleep deprivation need to be explored.

more here

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/sl...al-in-babys-death/LBh196ppnEuaFnzQdXQUFg.cspx

While in no way excusing the mother, I did feel a little sorry for her until I read about the skull fracture. No way, no how. When my daughter was an infant she literally cried almost non-stop for 6 months. There were times when I thought I would go crazy and I had serious back-up from my husband and parents. It was absolutely relentless. She never slept for more than 20 minutes and just cried night and day. So, I could kind of feel for the mother who cracked under possibly similar circumstances. But the skull fracture puts a whole new spin on it. It will be interesting to see what kind of information comes to light about that.

Rest in sweet peace Baby Robert. Your life here on earth seems so brief and maybe a bitter whisper, but now you rest safe in the arms of angels.

From September 2011:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...-twin-son-to-death-sent-to-prison.html?pg=all

Calling it a case full of "profound sorrow," DiReda ordered the 27-year-old to serve 15 years to life in prison for murder, a first-degree felony. The judge said he can't imagine one of his children without the other and questioned the impact on the surviving twin when he realizes what happened...

Saunders said the other twin, D, was taken into foster care following Robert's death and has since been adopted. Both Jewell and Philip Hendricks relinquished their parental rights to the child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back