The GPS

debloree

Reaction score
Discussions on the GPS and what evidence LE finds, or how Elizabeth got the GPS.

It is stated TS gave her the gps, don't know if it's been validated, though. I believe LE has just recently gotten the data back and I doubt they'll say what they found on it, which is unfortunate for us sleuthers :)

BeanE, saw your post a little while ago . . . still searching!

LE has stated that they are not publicly releasing the information on the GPS or any information on where she got it. So nothing is confirmed as to the origin of the GPS, except that she got it from somewhere.

Thread 4 post 616 discusses an alleged email from TS's daughter -- I know I've seen other mention of it, I'm sure from TS -- still searching.

Smith put Johnson in contact with The Adoption Place's Janet Morris, whose home was later searched by the FBI looking for missing baby Gabriel but with no luck. Smith had given Johnson a GPS device to use in her grandfather's Oldsmobile for the road trip. And Smith kept in verbal contact with Johnson throughout Johnson's weeklong kidnapping venture.

Still not what I had originally seen, but above snip about it here on page 3:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2611757/missing_baby_gabriel_johnson_if_mom_pg3.html?cat=25

In that interview with TS yesterday that got us all worked up, she mentioned that Logan has the GPS. Have we heard anything else about that?

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

Smiths Take Polygraphs in Missing Baby Gabriel Case

Aired January 8, 2010

To Jack and Tammi Smith. Have you had any communication at all today with Elizabeth Johnson?

TAMMI SMITH: No.

CASAREZ: Have you heard anything of where this baby could be tonight?

TAMMI SMITH: Well, I -- since I did get to talk to the detectives and give them the information that Yami from Fox News -- I`ve become really good friends with Yami with Fox News in San Antonio, and she is our digger. She searches and searches for information. And so I was able to give them the information that she gave me. Finally, I was able to give that to them because it`s very hard to get in touch with anybody over there.

CASAREZ: And what is that information?

TAMMI SMITH: I can give you some of the information, but some I cannot. One piece of information is when Elizabeth left, she had a Garmin, which is a navigation system, hooked up in her car and turned on. And when we met up, this was a place where she told us to meet her so there was no reason to have it turned on.

And from what Yami says, her cell phone was -- had a signal in Victoria, Texas, and that was the day that she went missing. And that was the day that she actually got on the bus. So if she had to drive two hours south from San Antonio, why did she drive two hours south down to Victoria, and then drive back up to San Antonio, and then get on a bus to go to Miami? That leads us to believe that that baby is in Victoria.

CASAREZ: And what day was the cell phone significance from Victoria, Texas? What day was that?

TAMMI SMITH: Sunday the 27th. And that was the day that she would not communicate with me by verbal. She only communicated by texting and telling me that she was out of range because she was driving.

CASAREZ: To Matt Zarrell, NANCY GRACE producer. When we look at December 27th, tell me if I`m wrong, isn`t that the day she left on the bus to go to Florida?

So, Tammi is implying she got info about the Garmin from Yami

In that interview with TS yesterday that got us all worked up, she mentioned that Logan has the GPS. Have we heard anything else about that?

From MissingGabe

Logan doesn't have the GPS, and LE won't give him the info on the GPS.

From LP34:
(about 2 seconds ago lol.)

In regards to whether Tammi gave Eliz the GPS, it is still not confirmed, still a rumor.

I was curious about that statement and wasn't sure if Tammi just speaks as if Logan=LE, same as she thinks Witnesses=Prosecutor.

As several people have posted, Associated Content is a paid blog site on which anyone at all can blog whatever they want. It's not a news site, and is rife with inaccuracies about this case.

I don't think we need to keep saying this over and over. There may be inacuracies, but the news has had a lot of them also and this author on AC has put out some decent articles on Gabriel's case. If any content should be suspect, it's what came from Yami, Tammi, and Nancy Grace.

From MissingGabe

Logan doesn't have the GPS, and LE won't give him the info on the GPS.

From LP34:
(about 2 seconds ago lol.)

In regards to whether Tammi gave Eliz the GPS, it is still not confirmed, still a rumor.

Just another instance of TS showing her ignroance...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

Smiths Take Polygraphs in Missing Baby Gabriel Case

Aired January 8, 2010

To Jack and Tammi Smith. Have you had any communication at all today with Elizabeth Johnson?

TAMMI SMITH: No.

CASAREZ: Have you heard anything of where this baby could be tonight?

TAMMI SMITH: Well, I -- since I did get to talk to the detectives and give them the information that Yami from Fox News -- I`ve become really good friends with Yami with Fox News in San Antonio, and she is our digger. She searches and searches for information. And so I was able to give them the information that she gave me. Finally, I was able to give that to them because it`s very hard to get in touch with anybody over there.

CASAREZ: And what is that information?

TAMMI SMITH: I can give you some of the information, but some I cannot. One piece of information is when Elizabeth left, she had a Garmin, which is a navigation system, hooked up in her car and turned on. And when we met up, this was a place where she told us to meet her so there was no reason to have it turned on.

And from what Yami says, her cell phone was -- had a signal in Victoria, Texas, and that was the day that she went missing. And that was the day that she actually got on the bus. So if she had to drive two hours south from San Antonio, why did she drive two hours south down to Victoria, and then drive back up to San Antonio, and then get on a bus to go to Miami? That leads us to believe that that baby is in Victoria.

CASAREZ: And what day was the cell phone significance from Victoria, Texas? What day was that?

TAMMI SMITH: Sunday the 27th. And that was the day that she would not communicate with me by verbal. She only communicated by texting and telling me that she was out of range because she was driving.

CASAREZ: To Matt Zarrell, NANCY GRACE producer. When we look at December 27th, tell me if I`m wrong, isn`t that the day she left on the bus to go to Florida?

So, Tammi is implying she got info about the Garmin from Yami

I don't see the implication that the Garmin info came from Yami.

In another NG, Tammi talks about how she saw the GPS lit up on Eliz's windshield on the evening of Dec 18.

ETA:
GRACE: Jack Smith, Tammi Smith. First to you, Tammi, do you have any information about the GPS in the car?

T. SMITH: I don`t know if they`ve recovered it, but I know that she definitely had it, because when I dropped the baby off to her at that church it was dark outside. She had the GPS on the windshield lit up.

More NG GPS stuff. I'm happy to grab the links if anyone wants them. I just grabbed these snippets from a text file I have all the NG transcripts in for quick searching.

T. SMITH: When I asked her about the GPS and I said that I believe you knew exactly where you were going and at that point, I believe everything that she told me was a lie and I almost didn`t even listen to half of what she was saying, her excuses were, because I didn`t believe her.

also

CASAREZ: Had they told you anything about that GPS that you say was on Elizabeth Johnson`s car? If it was the type that would have capability of showing exactly where she rode, if it was on, or if it wasn`t on?

T. SMITH: No, I just told Detective Ramirez about it last night, and I told the other detectives about it today. Because I just — after talking to Yani yesterday afternoon I was in a rush to get here and didn`t know the directions and I was like, oh my gosh, my GPS is dead. And then I turned and said, oh my god, she had a GPS in her car. And so it goes from there.

discussing the GPS is fine. Speculating on its origins is also fine.
but if unfounded rumors slowly become fact then Houston, we've got a problem.

gracias

I don't think we need to keep saying this over and over. There may be inacuracies, but the news has had a lot of them also and this author on AC has put out some decent articles on Gabriel's case. If any content should be suspect, it's what came from Yami, Tammi, and Nancy Grace.

Hello Time! :wave: Respectfully, I think BeanE (IMO, the most informed sleuther on the Gabriel forum) is right....all MOO, but based upon the fact that AC does, in fact, give carte blanche to their bloggers....it's a paid site, unlike any of those you listed above....and finally, because there is no 'check and balance' on the AC site like Nancy Grace, even Yami, etc. in that we can complain to the AC about inaccuracies/rumors/misinformation, but I've yet to see a retraction-type post over there. IIRC, they leave the error-rife pages up for further confusion down the road! (Forgive me, I can't recall what case that was in regards to)
Just my two cents.

As several people have posted, Associated Content is a paid blog site on which anyone at all can blog whatever they want. It's not a news site, and is rife with inaccuracies about this case.

Is the part about the church she attends with the program for teen mums ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back