South Hadley,MA Phoebe Prince 15 kills self over bullying

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpipergirl

proud owner Kidmissing
Reaction score
Website
webspace.webring.com
When are people going to learn!! This poor girl was brought to the US for a better life and wound up dead at her own hand from being Bullied. Every time I read or hear a story like this it makes me so :furious::furious::furious: .
I was bullied in school and am so glad we did not have the technology to cyber bully. My biggest problem was that teachers are just as bad. If they don't like the kid they make it ok to pick on or bully the kid.
I also think parents need to surpervise their kids net use.
:banghead: When will it STOP! How many kids have to die.

http://www.boston.com/news/educatio.../24/teens_suicide_prompts_a_look_at_bullying/

:( What a shame. This family comes to the country to provide what they believe will be a better life and they lose their daughter.

We definitely need stricter rules/policies on bullying in schools. I also believe the parents of these bullies should be notified and intervene immediately when they learn of their child's behavior. No warnings.. stop it immediately. Only problem is.. I don't know how we can stop it. Bullying is as old as man himself.

:( What a shame. This family comes to the country to provide what they believe will be a better life and they lose their daughter.

We definitely need stricter rules/policies on bullying in schools. I also believe the parents of these bullies should be notified and intervene immediately when they learn of their child's behavior. No warnings.. stop it immediately. Only problem is.. I don't know how we can stop it. Bullying is as old as man himself.

Unfortunately, even when parents are notified that their child is a bully, nothing is done. It is my belief that a lot of children learn bullying behavior at home. Or, parents will blow it off, thinking it's nothing. MOO

How very sad. Bullying has been around for so long and it seems it will continue. True, if the teachers don't like a child, some will take part in this behavior and let the bullying go one. I feel sorry for any child who has to endure this type of abuse daily. I know some men believe that if the child stands up to it, (typically a male child) the situation will be resolved. I believe a female child has no recourse if this type of problem exists. I feel so bad when we lose a child for a reason such as bullying.

I think many parents just shake their heads and feel it is not a big problem at all but it is. It is so hurtful and we have seen it lead to the death of other young people and children. It has to stop. Schools have to interact more to make sure this does not take place, as do the parents.

She appears to be such a lovely, pretty young girl too. So sad.
May she R.I.P.

Gozgals

God, I hate to hear stories like this. I know that there are bullies out there, and that sometimes very little can be done to solve these problems. It is so hard in the teenage years to see beyond your present circumstances though. It is hard to imagine that usually when you grow up to be an adult, most people could care less about the superficial things that mattered in middle or high school. I wish that schools could try to solve problems like bullying with support groups for kids....or at least teach a sociology class that focuses on cultural differences in world societies or cultural awareness in your own local area. Don't some businesses even have classes on this to help adults cope with diversity...and to build team morale?

This is one reason I am so glad that we moved, my son was the subject of many days of torment by the kids at his old school. I complained and complained and nothing was done. Thank God he has found friends here.

My prayers and thoughts are with the family. I wonder if she was suffering from depression and the bullying made it worse. I'm just thinking out load.

I know some men believe that if the child stands up to it, (typically a male child) the situation will be resolved. I believe a female child has no recourse if this type of problem exists.

Not only that, but teenage girls can be especially catty.

I think many parents just shake their heads and feel it is not a big problem at all but it is. It is so hurtful and we have seen it lead to the death of other young people and children. It has to stop. Schools have to interact more to make sure this does not take place, as do the parents.

I totally agree. It seems to me that a lot of parents want to believe that their kids can do no wrong, so I'd imagine that they'd get defensive when presented with evidence that their kid's bullying others. It's a shame, especially when it ends in a tragedy like this. That poor girl. :( May she rest in peace.

God, I hate to hear stories like this. I know that there are bullies out there, and that sometimes very little can be done to solve these problems. It is so hard in the teenage years to see beyond your present circumstances though. It is hard to imagine that usually when you grow up to be an adult, most people could care less about the superficial things that mattered in middle or high school. I wish that schools could try to solve problems like bullying with support groups for kids....or at least teach a sociology class that focuses on cultural differences in world societies or cultural awareness in your own local area. Don't some businesses even have classes on this to help adults cope with diversity...and to build team morale?
It's not just middle school and high school... I was bullied for 3 years in elementary school! 4th,5th, and 6th grade were a living hell for me!

A child who is a bully in childhood grows up to be a bully as an adult too. Been bullied a lot in my life. Was laid off a job early last year, boss called to meet me her for coffee in the spring, she offered my job back, I told her she is a bully and vindictive. That settled that.

A child who is a bully in childhood grows up to be a bully as an adult too. Been bullied a lot in my life. Was laid off a job early last year, boss called to meet me her for coffee in the spring, she offered my job back, I told her she is a bully and vindictive. That settled that.

Very true. And parents who leave a lot to be desired, morally and ethically speaking, usually raise bullies who don't care about others.

Good for you for sticking up for yourself! :)

I was bullied from the first grade on up. Unfortunately,I was the perfect target courtesy of my mother. She was an animal hoarder, so my clothes always smelled like cat feces.
One morning, I ate too slow, so she slapped my bowl of corn flakes over my head and made me wear it to school. The principal took me in her office and we used her private bathroom to wash it out. She gave me a nice long talk about bullies, and how most of them are pushed around at home. Explained to me about how when people, even young ones, feel powerless, they try to take power from other people. She taught me a very adult saying that day: "I'm sorry for whatever you are going through, but you won't feel better for hurting me." That saying literally sustained me through my years in formal school, which were first, second, sixth and tenth.
I thank God for her, or I likely would have killed myself in sixth. I wish there were more administrators out there like her, that would realize that bullies will bully, they do it for power and attention, and addressing them will likely cause more issues. Address the victims, make them feel like they have worth, and reassure them that they can survive, they can make it through. JMO and my own two cents.

When are we going to teach and or remind our children that even though the people we see and go to school with as we grow really are insignificant in the big picture. I barely ever see the kids I went to school. School is only about what 14 years that is such a small part in the big picture, and if we teach them that no matter what, you will make it through and become a better person. It is hard, and it really does seem like there is no way out or no end but there is.....time. During it seems like forever while we are in school but now as a grown woman it was so fast and those people who I thought were cool or important AREN"T.

I was bullied from the first grade on up. Unfortunately,I was the perfect target courtesy of my mother. She was an animal hoarder, so my clothes always smelled like cat feces.
One morning, I ate too slow, so she slapped my bowl of corn flakes over my head and made me wear it to school. The principal took me in her office and we used her private bathroom to wash it out. She gave me a nice long talk about bullies, and how most of them are pushed around at home. Explained to me about how when people, even young ones, feel powerless, they try to take power from other people. She taught me a very adult saying that day: "I'm sorry for whatever you are going through, but you won't feel better for hurting me." That saying literally sustained me through my years in formal school, which were first, second, sixth and tenth.
I thank God for her, or I likely would have killed myself in sixth. I wish there were more administrators out there like her, that would realize that bullies will bully, they do it for power and attention, and addressing them will likely cause more issues. Address the victims, make them feel like they have worth, and reassure them that they can survive, they can make it through. JMO and my own two cents.

HugsWithJaniesSignature-1.jpg

I'm so sorry you went through that. I was bullied too for being shy and then later on for having cancer. What a Godsend that principal was and I think I'm going to take that saying and print it, so I can remember it when someone intentionally hurts me.

:heart:

I only got bullied on occ. in school...everyone knew my older sister and were scared of her ! I always came to the defense of kids that I saw being bullied, always even if it meant a knock down drag out in the school hall ! I hate bullies !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain