Is one of the reasons Casey is "unpopular" (per Baez) because she is pretty?will re o

Status
Not open for further replies.

affinity

Reaction score
Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

Baez stated at least twice in open court yesterday that KC is "unpopular". He stated this when he argued that a 600+ dollar forgery/fraud charge would be treated differently... were it someone else's crime --instead of unpopular Casey Anthony's.

Here is something that I hope deserves it's own thread...KC definitely is a sensation. If you can imagine her much older and perhaps homely..do you think that she would be treated differently? Do you think one of the reasons for her unpopularity (aside from the demise of her beautiful daughter) also has to do with KC's attractiveness? It is a valid question.

Pretty is as pretty does. IMO that has nothing to do with her being unpopular at all. It has to do with the death of her BEAUTIFUL daughter.

I'm not sure how to disconnect Casey's unpopularity from the demise of her daughter. I would say the impression that she murdered her daughter is the overriding reason that she's not popular (to say the least.)

However, I doubt very much that homely, middle-aged women are treated more leniently than attractive, young women when they forge their friends' checks. Quite the opposite, if anything.

One aspect of Casey's looks that I think does increase her unpopularity is that smirk.

KC may have found that she could use her "looks" to her advantage in certain social situations....however.....IMO.......if her looks were going to impact her case they would have done so by now. I understand that the defense team sees her as unpopular. BUT, none of them can argue that she isn't notorious. Based upon her propensity to download "ego stroking icons" that support her desire for infamy......I would think she is happy to have actually realized her goal.

I think it's her vanity--her interest in her own prettiness--while he daughter was "missing" that makes people dislike her. She got her nails done, got a tattoo, tried to look sexy for her nights at Fusian. After her arrest she strutted her stuff in tight shirts and jeans, flipped her hair and sported her movie star sunglasses.
It has been established in psychological studies, that people rate "attractive" individuals as being more likable and successful just based on looks alone.
KC's attractiveness might have helped her if she could have controlled her outrageous behavior.

Personally I don't find KC's looks attractive at all. I think her face reflects her personality - conniving.

I am trying to be objective-I am sure that there are people out there gloating because "cute" little Casey is in the mud. The same kind of people who revel and gloat when "beautiful" or privileged people have bad luck.

This woman is despised because she had something very special-ie Caylee, and she destroyed it for what superficially seems like spite and her own self interest. And self pity.

This would qualify her for unpopularity even if she were Mother Theresa. JMO.

Since her imprisonment i dont think Casey is even remotely attractive.

KC is a pretty girl but nothing so extradordinary that people would be jealous enough of her looks to not like her. Debra Lafave (who was also on that E! special) is an example of a woman I would think is stunning enough for her looks to actually have an impact on her trial (which I believe it did). IMO KC's looks don't even come close to hers and she gave herself way too much credit in how good looking she thought she was.

No, I don't think most ppl think she is attractive at all, under the circumstances. That's not what is hindering her.

It's her behavior to her family and friends that have freaked us all out, all the while KC knowing Caylee was NOT where she should've been.

Ugly inside = Ugly outside

JMHO

No, I don't. Historically the fact that people consider her attractive should work in her favor. She's unpopular because she won't cough up the truth regarding what happened to Caylee. People could care less what she looks like now imo - she's made her own bed imo.

Shania Twain is stunning. Casey is just plain ole pretty. Nothing heart stopping abiut her looks.

I believe the media fixated on the case because Casey is photogenic. If she was telling the truth and a real nanny had a living Caylee somewhere that media attention might have brought the baby home. The attention back fired because she`s guilty and a total waste of taxpayer money.
She`s not popular? She`s not in grade 9 either and nobody on the jury will be either.

JMO

If KC read this thread, all she would get out of it is

"OH BOY!!! A lot of people think I'm pretty!!!"

That's why she's unpopular.

Do I think she's pretty? Absolutely.

Does it effect my opinion of her (guilty v. innocent)? Absolutely.

Why? Because she should be HIDEOUS. Seriously. Especially during those 31 days that she was supposed to be "looking" for Caylee. She should have had dark circles and bags under her eyes. She should have looked pale & drawn, she should have been angry, even hysterical. She should have been blowing her nose all the time, and not giving a darn if her clothes were ironed or even matched. I believe all this because I'm a mother. If one of my children were missing, I would look like a freaking train wreck.

This is why my opinion of her guilt v. innocence is severly effected.

On a final note, she is not stunning. She has the advantage of youth, but one day all the ugliness inside her will leech out through her skin (maybe has already started).

I would say her unpopularity is based on 31 days and her lies to LE while they were trying in vain to find her child.

I just don't think she's good looking. Before and especially after her incarceration.

Her eyes have always spooked me out. They're dead. She's neither pretty on the outside or inside.

I think it's her vanity--her interest in her own prettiness--while he daughter was "missing" that makes people dislike her. She got her nails done, got a tattoo, tried to look sexy for her nights at Fusian. After her arrest she strutted her stuff in tight shirts and jeans, flipped her hair and sported her movie star sunglasses.
It has been established in psychological studies, that people rate "attractive" individuals as being more likable and successful just based on looks alone.
KC's attractiveness might have helped her if she could have controlled her outrageous behavior.

Absolutely Phumi, you said what I was going to say plus if she had shown any remorse at all - even a lip tremble and a few tears when the court was talking about her dead daughter's autopsy pictures, instead of flirting with Jose and flipping her pen at him - plus some "real" frantic mother behavior, Casey wouldn't be as hated as she most certainly is now. Okay, strongly disliked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie