BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Missouri grandma charged with drugging baby
The Associatred Press
Posted on Sat, Jan. 30, 2010 09:36 PM

A Jefferson City woman has been charged with drugging her granddaughter, hoping that the baby's divorcing parents would get back together if they had a sick child.

snip

Police allege in the probable cause statement that starting Dec. 28 the grandmother tried to make the 1-year-old girl's parents believe their baby had ingested rodent poison. The baby was seen at several hospitals and determined to be in good health.

Then on Jan. 12, the grandmother is accused of feeding blood thinner to the girl. The scheme was discovered on Jan. 14 when the girl began bleeding uncontrollably from her mouth, nose and from two minor scratches. The girl survived, but long-term organ damage is unknown.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1718072.html

Missouri grandma charged with drugging baby
The Associatred Press
Posted on Sat, Jan. 30, 2010 09:36 PM

A Jefferson City woman has been charged with drugging her granddaughter, hoping that the baby's divorcing parents would get back together if they had a sick child.

snip

Police allege in the probable cause statement that starting Dec. 28 the grandmother tried to make the 1-year-old girl's parents believe their baby had ingested rodent poison. The baby was seen at several hospitals and determined to be in good health.

Then on Jan. 12, the grandmother is accused of feeding blood thinner to the girl. The scheme was discovered on Jan. 14 when the girl began bleeding uncontrollably from her mouth, nose and from two minor scratches. The girl survived, but long-term organ damage is unknown.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1718072.html

Oh that's brilliant. Way to go Gram.

Coumadin the blood thinner is used in rodent poison. What's the chemical name? I think Wafarin? I should know since I pick it up for my mom as I get her prescriptions.

This is so dangerous in adults for Lord's sake. I'd say that's attempted murder.

Munchausen's by Proxy is a nasty disorder and kills and harms untold numbers of children. I wonder if this grandmother was the primary caregiver as it is far more common with mothers; biological, adoptive, and foster, than with other family members. It's caused by an extension of self-loathing projected onto an innocent victim. I don't know if I'm buying the "wanting to get the couple back together story". MBP is all about attention seeking.

Remember the med technician just sentenced in Portland for drugging her two babies milk bottles with morphine to get attention from the babies' dad, a physician?

http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/munchausen.html

Besides heavy terms, I hope to high heck these women get serious mental health care. We don't want them trying it again. And they so often do.

god i dont care what mental excuse she has that is just evil.

Oh that's brilliant. Way to go Gram.

Coumadin the blood thinner is used in rodent poison. What's the chemical name? I think Wafarin? I should know since I pick it up for my mom as I get her prescriptions.

This is so dangerous in adults for Lord's sake. I'd say that's attempted murder.

It is warfin. What is happening to our grandma's? they used to be the voice of experience and reason.

my grandmother looks like a saint compared to this one. and that's going some.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back