CA - Kevin Peterson arrested for attempted rape, Sacramento, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posted: 5:24 pm PST February 3, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A Sacramento inmate who was released this week as part of a state plan to reduce the prison population is back in jail again.

After being released Monday night, Sacramento police say 22-year-old Kevin Peterson was arrested a little after noon Tuesday on suspicion of attempted rape.

Police Sgt. Norm Leong says Peterson is being held without bail after allegedly trying to rape a female counselor he was meeting with and holding her captive.

more here

http://www.ktvu.com/news/22457866/detail.html

sooo, Ahhhnuld - how's that early release thing working out??

oh yes that awesome plan is off to a flying start isnt it. :(

'those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it.'

this thing about letting all this scum out happened right around the time jaycee was found.....yet they have take the moronic release of garrido and multiplied it by a ton.

I am ashamed to say that I live in CA- WOW- When we first heard about this, its obviously what went thru our heads (and many other million CA residents as well), and lo and behold- It happens right in Arnold's abck door.

Unfortunately, it will take a lot more of rehab to get their minds right- This idiot was at the counceling office when it happened. WTH??? :banghead:

<snip>

Traditionally inmates who exhibit good behavior while in custody are eligible to be released after serving two-thirds of their sentence. A law the Legislature passed late last year requires county jails to release inmates on good behavior after serving half the sentence, a change of about two months for most sentenced to a year.

Sheriff John McGinness on Tuesday said only nonviolent inmates jailed on misdemeanors would be eligible for early release. Peterson was convicted for felony assault with a deadly weapon in 2008 - a violent crime. His most recent stint in jail, however, was for a probation violation.

"The probation violation was nonviolent," McGinness said.

Peterson got out 16 days early as a result of the new law. McGinness said he won't defend the policy but that 16 days likely did not make a difference in Peterson's behavior.

"What he is alleged to have done yesterday, he conceivably would have done 16 days later," McGinness said.

But Kevin Mickelson, president of the Sacramento County Deputy Sheriff's Association, said the episode calls into question the notion that violent prisoners won't be getting out early,

"The state Legislature has duped the citizens of California into believing they've released only nonviolent offenders back into the communities," Mickelson said. "That is simply not true."

more here

http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2511192.html?storylink=omni_popular

"Peterson was convicted for felony assault with a deadly weapon in 2008 - a violent crime."

I can't help but think that at least he could have adopted a child in the state of Indiana, if he'd waited three more years. I'm sorry but I'm still reeling from that one (and working on it behind the scenes). Violent offenders don't just up and un-violent themselves one fine morning.

And Californians...don't feel like the Lone Ranger. We have criminals, including child murderers being released years early up here in Oregon. It makes me crazy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back