Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on this case -- found this today

Cops: youth leader tried to hire hitman

Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:25 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM EST

* by: Patrick Tolbert

A former Greenwood youth leader accused of having sex with minors is now facing a conspiracy to commit murder charge after allegedly trying to hire someone to kill witnesses in the original case against him.
The new charges against Hartman stem from a conversation with a fellow inmate in the Johnson County Jail. Prosecutors say Hartman tried to get the inmate to kill the witnesses who were slated to testify against him in court. Police say he also tried to have that inmate kill the child of one of Hartman’s alleged victim’s, believing that the child might be his.

more here

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/police-minister-tried-to-hire-hitman

Backstory:

Youth minister had sex with girls, 15
Hartman being held on $150,000 bond

Updated: Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 6:43 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 11:08 AM EDT

* Gene Rodriguez
* Edited by Hyacinth Williams

Police say a volunteer youth minister at a Greenwood church confessed to having sex with three 15-year-old girls.

According to police, three years ago 29-year-old Jonathan James Hartman began sexual relationships with the girls in a youth band program. The program was held at The Salvation Army in Greenwood which serves as a pantry and a church. Hartman's parents are the Salvation Army officers at the church and he was a co-youth minister.

Police say the girls had sex with Hartman at the church, at their homes and at his parents home in Indianapolis. Accoding to police, one of the 15 year olds is pregnant and Hartman is the father.

more here

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/Youth_minister_accused_of_child_molest_20090422

so much for the "Safe from Harm" training!!
:furious:

I've been keeping an eye on this case -- found this today

Cops: youth leader tried to hire hitman

Updated: Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 1:25 PM EST
Published : Thursday, 04 Feb 2010, 11:31 AM EST

* by: Patrick Tolbert

A former Greenwood youth leader accused of having sex with minors is now facing a conspiracy to commit murder charge after allegedly trying to hire someone to kill witnesses in the original case against him.
The new charges against Hartman stem from a conversation with a fellow inmate in the Johnson County Jail. Prosecutors say Hartman tried to get the inmate to kill the witnesses who were slated to testify against him in court. Police say he also tried to have that inmate kill the child of one of Hartman’s alleged victim’s, believing that the child might be his.

more here

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/south_central/police-minister-tried-to-hire-hitman

Backstory:

Youth minister had sex with girls, 15
Hartman being held on $150,000 bond

Updated: Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 6:43 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 22 Apr 2009, 11:08 AM EDT

* Gene Rodriguez
* Edited by Hyacinth Williams

Police say a volunteer youth minister at a Greenwood church confessed to having sex with three 15-year-old girls.

According to police, three years ago 29-year-old Jonathan James Hartman began sexual relationships with the girls in a youth band program. The program was held at The Salvation Army in Greenwood which serves as a pantry and a church. Hartman's parents are the Salvation Army officers at the church and he was a co-youth minister.

Police say the girls had sex with Hartman at the church, at their homes and at his parents home in Indianapolis. Accoding to police, one of the 15 year olds is pregnant and Hartman is the father.

more here

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/Youth_minister_accused_of_child_molest_20090422

so much for the "Safe from Harm" training!!
:furious:

on the brightside his dumb**sery to hire a hitman will get him alot more time then the original charges probably would.

I'm starting to think we need to compel all "youth leaders" and "youth pastors" to undergo Level 4 Security Clearance. I've about had it with them.

Oh yeah, they all "love" the kids so much.....so much that they'll hire a hitman to silence them.

tbl--ITA, and that's why I do think these guys definitely know what they are doing is wrong and immoral. They loathe being shown for who they are. I think it's the same reason we see a large number of suicides in these cases. There is remorse and shame. Not enough to stop but plenty to feel horrible after the fact. I have no doubt that Dr. Bradley is doing some self-loathing right now....GOOD. I loathe him too and I'm not alone.

Why can't we put something in place to catch these people us BEFORE they offend. I ponder this all the time. If a person goes to a therapist and says, "I've been dreaming about having sex with four year olds, help me!!", what is done? Is there mandated reporting for just saying that you're tempted? If so, we need to change that.

If our bottom line is to stop the abuse and the rape, we've got to get at the pedophiles before they touch that first kid. If we wait for the rape, and then find some triumph in locking the guy up for 20 years, we didn't save the child.

If pedophilia is truly a mental illness in the paraphilia dept. of the DSM-IV, why can't those who lean in that direction get preemptive help? Am I far too naive here?

tbl--ITA, and that's why I do think these guys definitely know what they are doing is wrong and immoral. They loathe being shown for who they are. I think it's the same reason we see a large number of suicides in these cases. There is remorse and shame. Not enough to stop but plenty to feel horrible after the fact. I have no doubt that Dr. Bradley is doing some self-loathing right now....GOOD. I loathe him too and I'm not alone.

Why can't we put something in place to catch these people us BEFORE they offend. I ponder this all the time. If a person goes to a therapist and says, "I've been dreaming about having sex with four year olds, help me!!", what is done? Is there mandated reporting for just saying that you're tempted? If so, we need to change that.

If our bottom line is to stop the abuse and the rape, we've got to get at the pedophiles before they touch that first kid. If we wait for the rape, and t
hen find some triumph in locking the guy up for 20 years, we didn't save the child.

If pedophilia is truly a mental illness in the paraphilia dept. of the DSM-IV, why can't those who lean in that direction get preemptive help? Am I far too naive here?

the problem, miss izzy, (othr then the aclu breathing down le's necks for it) is most of these predators are either not bold (or stupid0 enough to tell a therapist, so most of 'pre-emptive" would be guess work.

What's really evil is he tried to have a little child killed!!

He should have turned his shame & remorse on himself, however, I think his only remorse is getting caught and I'm not convinced he knows shame because we haven't heard he tried to do himself in....just witnesses & an innocent child.

What's really evil is he tried to have a little child killed!!

He should have turned his shame & remorse on himself, however, I think his only remorse is getting caught and I'm not convinced he knows shame because we haven't heard he tried to do himself in....just witnesses & an innocent child.

i think so too.
i dont think anyone who would order the death of a baby (particuarly one that might be his own) has any shame or guilt.

July 2010:

A former youth volunteer at the Salvation Army was sentenced Tuesday to 70 years in prison for molesting three girls that he met through the organization.

Jonathan Hartman, 30, molested the victims over the course of three years, until each of them was age 15...

Hartman had also pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit murder in an elaborate plot to have witnesses in the case killed.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/youth-volunteer-sentenced-in-molestation-of-3-girls

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back