Was Josh Seen Buying A LARGE Amount of Shrink Wrap?

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi All,

One of my sources just told me that Josh was spotted buying a very large amount of shrink wrap a few days before Susan went missing.

I have a huge role of shrink wrap. It's just plain plastic and I think if you heat it it will shrink. I think.

I use it to wrap Websleuths t-shirts in and such but I don't ever heat it.

Think a huge role of Saran Wrap.

One thing we need to remember is the person who said they saw Josh buying the wrap could be mistaken.

We can't take this as gospel unless it is confirmed by the police.

Whoa really Trica, OMgosh that is a horrible thought that I just had. What could Josh need with a big roll of shrink wrap ? :waitasec: I wonder if police found that roll and how much was missing ....
That man needs to be arrested like yesterday !!!

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shrink_wrap[/ame]

What would be good to know is how much is left on the wrap.

Of course he will say it was for something innocent but what would that be?

I think this is a very well thought out plan on his part.

Even if the shrink wrap was not used in Susan's disappearance he would still have to explain why he bought it. If he said because he was moving that won't work. He bought it before Susan went missing. Before he thought about moving.

I added this to my first post;

One thing we need to remember is the person who said they saw Josh buying the wrap could be mistaken.

We can't take this as gospel unless it is confirmed by the police

Please just keep this in your mind as you discuss the case.

That's a new one...how would he justify the purchase of an industrial size roll of shrink wrap...is the roll MIA?

That's a new one...how would he justify the purchase of an industrial size roll of shrink wrap...is the roll MIA?

No idea. Just so there is no mistake. I was told it was a LARGE roll. Whatever that means. Not industrial. But it could be.

Here is the thing, even if he said he used it for the move he bought it BEFORE the move was even a thought.

If true, this could be very damming.

It can be bought at home building suppliers, for covering windows etc.
We bought some to winterize my mothers huge glass sliding door.
All you do is unwrap it..............hold it by the corners (took 4 of us...to hold it up....LOL) an heat seal with a blow dryer.
He would just have just rolled it on floor, rolled Susan on it and wrap her up and heat it with a blow dryer.
Like a package...............how awful to even think of it!

oh and 1 more thought.
Mom's shrink wrap was clear and not real heavy.
I had my boat shrink wrapped for storage and the
boat company used a very heavy blue tarp like shrink wrap?????

I'm thinking this could actually be a good thing. If she were all sealed up in plastic, there would be less decomposition, and less likelihood of animals getting to her. The downside is it would be harder for cadaver dogs to find her as well.

If I were the murdering/hiding type, I think I would skip the flavorpac and toss the body where the elements and animals would get rid of the evidence fast.

But we all know Josh is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

If it is true about the shrink wrapping, then there is no doubt this was a pre-planned murder. Which also shows how stupid he is. All this planning and this is the best alibi he could come up with?

Speculation-nothing to base this on but:

1. I googled through a few places, and found that it's easy to grab a roll of
Professional Plastic Food Wrap Film-12" x 3000' at Sam's Club.
It's less than $15.00

2. There is another size that is wider: Professional Plastic Food Wrap Film-18" x 3000'

3. I realize these are plastic wrap. If he was obtaining SHRINK WRAP, we'd probably need to look to crafters supplies, or business (like baskets) supplies.
I don't think he'd have a problem obtaining these kind of products, Utah is huge in crafting and DIY. If the source was in a place that sold actual very large rolls of shrink wrap, then I think their info is probably great. Next step, would be making sure the purchaser was Josh.

4. Do some people use the words shrink wrap and plastic wrap interchangeably?

Hi All,

One of my sources just told me that Josh was spotted buying a very large amount of shrink wrap a few days before Susan went missing.

I have a huge role of shrink wrap. It's just plain plastic and I think if you heat it it will shrink. I think.

I use it to wrap Websleuths t-shirts in and such but I don't ever heat it.

Think a huge role of Saran Wrap.

We can't take this as gospel unless it is confirmed by the police.

Will you please ask your source where he was seen, how wide the roll was and how many linear feet were on the roll? Can you ask this person to go back to the store to locate the exact roll he purchased, find the identical product online so you can save an image of it to post here with a link to the item? Also, can you try to find out if the person witnessed the actual transaction and if so, did JP pay cash, write a check or use a credit card. Also, did they notice other items he purchased? Do they remember the particular clerk? If so, can they go talk to that person to ask them these questions if they don't know? Thank you!

We have learned how fastidious Josh is, so wrapping her would probably be an appealing way to dispose of her body. That way he would not have to keep touching death.

Could the heat from a blowdryer explain the redness of his hands that we thought was frost bitten???
were the hands actually scorched?

Any of the movers remember any shrink wrap?
Good question. You also jogged my memory about something else.
I can tell you two men and a truck in Utah use plastic wrap...a quick search found this:
http://www.ultimatemovingsupplies.com/store-products-MA0105-Shrink-Wrap--18-inch_42173375.html

The way it's used in the photo is exactly how 2 men used it on my stuff.
It's interesting to me they use terms shrink/stretch interchangeably.

I realize the link isn't the source of the stuff, but the picture shows how well wide wrap can hold heavy things together. There are lots packing supply places
in Utah for DIY moves. Much to sleuth in this.

Advance purchase, shrink wrap? Wowee wow wow.

Admittedly I am one who thinks JP is wholly responsible for Susan's disappearance / demise. Yet I can't quite wrap my head around the idea (no pun intended, I swear) that it could have been pre-meditated. He just hasn't struck me as a plan-ahead type of guy. Perhaps the shrink wrap was purchased for home winterizing but later JP discovered another more sinister uses for it.

Either way, I sure hope they nail him to the wall soon and get those boys to a safer place (physically and emotionally).

Could the heat from a blowdryer explain the redness of his hands that we thought was frost bitten???
were the hands actually scorched?

I don't think so but he could have been digging in the snow trying to find items he left somewhere in the woods that he didn't want to bring back with him in the van after the camping trip. I am certain he would have felt uncomfortable buying or borrowing gloves, digging tools, etc. after Susan's disappearance for fear of drawing suspicion to himself. Why would a person deliberately expose their hands to the cold to the point the skin was so damaged they had to keep applying lotion to them unless they felt they had no choice! Hands don't get windburn if they are kept inside jacket pockets or sleeves are pulled down over them. And why would he continue to expose them when the pain set in unless he absolutely felt he must continue what he was doing. The red hands are VERY suspicious to me!

Y'know, leftover s'mores don't make such a mess if you wrap them in plastic.
Hope that helps ;)

If he did "shrink wrap" Susan's body, he would have needed working room. But that wouldn't explain why the carpet was wet. One would think, if he planned Susan's murder in advance and it involved shrink wrap, he would have used it to wrap around her face when she was sleeping to smother her and that there wouldn't be any blood. However, there is the possibility that he dragged her out into the living room to finish wrapping her and that her bladder or bowels released, thus explaining the reason for the large wet spot resulting from using the carpet cleaner, a cleaner which a reliable source told me they owned for many years.

I really don't think, if he murdered Susan, that it was premeditated due to the strange story he told upon his return from the camping trip. (Perhaps he was gone way longer than he planned and never dreamed he would have to come up with an explanation to anyone about why he was gone from the home. Perhaps he planned on returning and going to work as usual but ran into complications. The fact he took the boys with him indicates to me that Susan was not home to take care of them.)

There is also the possibility that he left so someone else could do the deed when he left to take the boy's sledding at around 5:30. But, nobody reports seeing anyone go to the house during that time.

There is also the possibility that he brought someone back with him when he came back from the sledding trip. However, I would hope the person who interviewed the five-year-old would have asked if someone was with them.

I would think using the shrink wrap in the house to wrap Susan's body would have caused microscopic dust from the shrink wrap to float around the entire house which would have been discovered after the forensics were analyzed. Perhaps nobody told law enforcement about the shrink wrap until very recently and they are in the process of running additional tests.

Regardless, prosecuting someone for murder without a body is not something that is done a lot and is a very risky move on the part of a prosecutor. People keep hollering because JP hasn't been arrested yet while failing to realize that preparing a case, (against a suspect where there is no proof the person they are being charged with murdering is absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt DEAD), is a huge responsibility and risk. We all know that people can't be tried for the same crime twice. The fact JP hasn't been arrested is because Susan's body has not been found, not necessarily because the district attorney doesn't have proof JP murdered Susan. They are waiting in hope that her body will be found, in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back