Missing Columbus man with Alzheimer's finds lucky break in West Michigan

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2010/02/local_man_takes_in_elderly_gen.html

By Tom Rademacher | The Grand Rapids Press
February 07, 2010, 6:00AM

For reasons no one really knows — maybe to teach us all a subtle lesson — Sanford E. Mitchell climbed into his car one day last month and drove about 250 miles from his home in Columbus, Ohio, to Jenison.

Nothing unusual about a road trip, under normal circumstances. But Mitchell, who is 79, recalls only bits and pieces of the trip, due to the early effects of Alzheimer’s.

The Ohio Missing Adult Alert System was activated, but it would be two long days before his family in Columbus would know whether he was dead or alive.

Thanks in large part to a gentleman by the name of Stephon Blackwell, Mitchell not only was alive, but ended up watching football and eating meatloaf and cornbread with mashed potatoes and green beans while waiting to be reunited with loved ones.

I loved this story!!! So glad he is back home and safe. He found an angel on his journey. Bless them. Thanks for posting.

Thank you for posting this. This story made my heart smile.

This story really touched my heart. Praise God for the kindness of this family! :)

:parrot:

It's nice to read a story with a happy ending. Brought tears to my eyes.

Praise the Lord for many answered prayers!!!! :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back