Mr. X

Nehemiah

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Apparently, some know the real name of our Mr. X, the possible "suspect" whose DNA could be a match.

Why isn't his name, picture, information put out there by the powers that be, in order to find him? When Elizabeth Smart was abducted, an all-out search for a "suspect" was cast upon us via TV, along with his picture and information. There was actually little evidence linking him to her abduction, yet the whole country was privy to his life and face. Same thing with a recent abduction/murder of another little girl, whose name I can't remember right now. (I'm having a senior moment here LOL) The media showed footage over and over of the "suspect" whose picture was captured at the carwash, and this was before they had real evidence linking him.

What's the deal with Mr. X?

IMO

It said on the documentary that they weren't naming him because he hadn't been charged with anything. I suppose they are afraid of lawsuits should he prove innocent.

jameson has hinted she might post his name after the documentary shows in the US - I say why wait that long? If there is a killer on the loose (and investigators belive this is a highly dangerous killer who may have killed several times). Why wait?

It's not that hard to find out his identity. Some people won't publish his name, but they will name him in e-mail or over the telephone.

I don't see any justification in holding back his name. What if he kills again in the meantime?

If this guy is innocent, he has the incentive of a big fat libel action against Tracey. If he's as guilty as these Ramsey investigators believe, he won't be suing anyong.

Nehemiah said:
Apparently, some know the real name of our Mr. X, the possible "suspect" whose DNA could be a match.

Why isn't his name, picture, information put out there by the powers that be, in order to find him? When Elizabeth Smart was abducted, an all-out search for a "suspect" was cast upon us via TV, along with his picture and information. There was actually little evidence linking him to her abduction, yet the whole country was privy to his life and face. Same thing with a recent abduction/murder of another little girl, whose name I can't remember right now. (I'm having a senior moment here LOL) The media showed footage over and over of the "suspect" whose picture was captured at the carwash, and this was before they had real evidence linking him.

IMO

Her name was Carlie Brucia.

I personally get sick of LE pulling the "We can't release that information" bull. IMO the reason for not releasing information to the public is professional jealousy. One LE agency has information that another LE agency or the public may use to solve the crime, so the agency with the information greedily holds onto it at the expense of justice.

JMO

Yes, Carlie. Thanks, BC. I felt bad not being able to remember her name, but did think of it later.

Even though he isn't officially a suspect at this time, neither were the other two guys I mentioned. Their names/faces were plastered all over TV stations. I just don't understand the difference here.

IMO

Do you think think the authorities knew about Mr.X for a long time?

Shawna said:
Do you think think the authorities knew about Mr.X for a long time?

"Authorities" meaning LE...BPD?

I just don't know. But if he is a viable "suspect", why is someone not publicly pursuing him? They can always put him under the umbrella and not call him a suspect, but say that he may have information that would aid the investigation by the DA. That's what has been publicly done in the past with other high profile cases.

I really wish someone who believes in the intruder theory could answer this question.

IMO

Is certainly "known" to LE. He served three years imprisonment in the 1980s for a sexual assault on a child and a further 90 days imprisonment in 1996 for menacing with a deadly weapon.

He also has convictions for violence and drugs.

BlueCrab said:
One LE agency has information that another LE agency or the public may use to solve the crime, so the agency with the information greedily holds onto it at the expense of justice.

JMO

Definitely agree with you on that one.

There seemed to be some suggestion that Mr. X was connected to the disappearance of Alie Berrelez, a 4 year old girl who was abducted from outside her home in S. Denver and later found dead in the foothills about 25 mi. W. of her home in the early 90's. The only info in the media was of a man who lived in the Apt. complex where Alie lived, who packed up and moved to Calif. soon after the crime. To speculate that Mr. X was involved is like attempting to win the CO lotto ( at 1 in 5.3M ) by buying 1 ticket.

Michael Tracey denied the connected with Alie Berrelez in an e-mail to jameson. He said "whose the girl? wrong again".

Now that jameson has seen the documentary for herself, I wonder if she interpreted the documentary as implying that detectives believed that there was a connection with the Alie Berrelez murder - as the journalist did and as I did? If so, what does she think of Tracey's denial?

Yes, the Tracey documentary links JonBenet's death to Michael helgoth's death to Alie Berrelez' death to the Dancewest assault. If mr X is innocent, I would imagine that would be quite a pay out.

Nehemiah said:
Maybe he is Debradear's brother. Remember all that?

IMO

Yes, and Debradear was trying to say that her brother may have killed JonBenet.

But why would the Ramseys lie and cover up for Debradear's brother? They would only lie and cover up for a Ramsey -- unless there was a fifth person who had been invited into the house that night by a Ramsey.

JMO

Just knowing what we do about Helgoth, and what little we know about Mr. X, raises another question. Think about the ransom note. Why would Helgoth/Mr. X care that JR be well rested? None of that fits in with their particular personality from what we've been told. That doesn't seem to go with them, unless there were a female involved, too, or another male who has less of a history of crime.

Good point, BC. That would be really weird if Mr. X were Debradear's brother. I'm sure some here know DD's brother's real name.

No, the R's wouldn't cover for just anyone.

IMO

Nehemiah said:

Why isn't his name, picture, information put out there by the powers that be, in order to find him? .

IMO
It just may be that “the powers that be” do not consider him a suspect. After reading the transcript provided by Jayelles, I get the impression it is Ollie Gray and his gang who have labeled Mr. X as a prime suspect, and not Keenan’s official investigation team. It is very possible that Tom Bennett, who I understand is the lead investigator in this case, has a completely different opinion of Mr. X.

Nehemiah said:
Good point, BC. That would be really weird if Mr. X were Debradear's brother. I'm sure some here know DD's brother's real name.

IMO

Debradear's brother supposedly was just working in Boulder for a while. He doesn't meet the description or history of the Mr. X in the documentary.

Islander said:
It just may be that “the powers that be” do not consider him a suspect. After reading the transcript provided by Jayelles, I get the impression it is Ollie Gray and his gang who have labeled Mr. X as a prime suspect, and not Keenan’s official investigation team. It is very possible that Tom Bennett, who I understand is the lead investigator in this case, has a completely different opinion of Mr. X.

I don't know why they just don't reopen Michael Helgoth's "suicide" investigation---that would give them the right (I would think) to interview his "associates." Since his body was cremated, they'd have to work with photos. If he is a person of interest, I would think they could still look at him---and Kenady supposedly did call the BPD l0 to l5 times, and was interviewed once---the information just was not followed up on. I don't know what Mr. X does for a livng, but there should be a trail leading to him somewhere.

Maikai said:
I don't know why they just don't reopen Michael Helgoth's "suicide" investigation---that would give them the right (I would think) to interview his "associates." Since his body was cremated, they'd have to work with photos. If he is a person of interest, I would think they could still look at him---and Kenady supposedly did call the BPD l0 to l5 times, and was interviewed once---the information just was not followed up on. I don't know what Mr. X does for a livng, but there should be a trail leading to him somewhere.
Maikai, Helgoth was investigated by the BPD. He wasn't involved in the Ramsey murder, none of the facts point to him. Take a look at Kenady's arrest record--he's a whack-job just like Jackie Dillson (or whatever her name was) who was trying to sell the BPD on Chris Wolf being involved in the Ramsey murder. They both belong in a rubber room with Nancy Krebs and Susan Bennett.

Islander said:

YES!

I figured that out too. You have to read between the lines but look:-

After ITV reported on the Ramsey murder, Lou Smit, the detective who did most to clear the parents, was called back by the Boulder District Attorney to lead a new investigation. Because of this, he is bound by the confidentiality of her office and no longer able to talk to us.

OK, so far so good, but now we start the spin...

But the Boulder DA’s office is neither equipped nor funded to carry out major investigations. So it has also sought the help of private detectives once employed by the Ramseys to hunt the killer.

It says "has sought". Could have been on one occasion to conduct one tiny part of investigative work. FOR EXAMPLE (and this is just a frinstance) they could have been asked to try and locate the whereabouts of the two people who lived close to the Ramseys and who disappeared after the murder. That may have been their entire remit, but it means that they can legitimately claim to have been part of the investigation. You find this in entertainment. An artiste gets a tiny walk-on role in a production which becomes a blcokbuster and they advertise themselves from that day forward as having "starred" in the film along with Mel Gibson etc.

These investigators have been involved from the beginning.

Yes, the Ramseys hired them within days of the murder. We know they were not part of the OFFICIAL investigation.

Although now unpaid volunteers because of the DA’s limited resources,

We can all claim to be unpaid volunteers :) This tells us they are not currently in the employ of the DA's official investigative team.

they are an important part of the new investigation and the are free to talk.

Doesn't say that it is the OFFICIAL investigation and the fact that they are free to talk confirms that they are not! Watch how quickly Keenan will distance herself from them "IF" Mr X comes screaming forward protesting his innocence and demanding a DNA test so that he can sue, sue sue.

Very good points, Jayelles.

So you are saying that the reason Mr. X is not plastered on every TV station between Boston and LA is because the official investigation's fresh eyes have not viewed him as a person to be of great significance in the death of JBR?

As unpaid volunteers, we could develop a "suspect" also.

IMO

Nehemiah said:
Very good points, Jayelles.

So you are saying that the reason Mr. X is not plastered on every TV station between Boston and LA is because the official investigation's fresh eyes have not viewed him as a person to be of great significance in the death of JBR?

As unpaid volunteers, we could develop a "suspect" also.

IMO

You could be right. After all, the official investigators have powers of supoena (sp?). They could easily obtain search warrants to obtain and analyse evidence pertaining to this guy. Has he got children? He's in his 40s after all and we know he's heterosexual, so there's a fair chance he does. Would any children (or their mothers) agree to having a DNA swab taken? It's a painless and non-invasive procedure.

If I were investigating this, I'd certainly follow these leads.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back