GUILTY Canada - Courtny Taylor, 20, charged in death of newborn, Richmond, BC, 31 Jan 2010

keikah32

Reaction score
On February 4th, 2010 the Richmond RCMP received information from an unknown source about a female who may have been pregnant, delivered and discarded her baby.

Through investigation the Richmond Serious Crime Unit identified the suspect and determined that she did give birth to a baby boy on Sunday January 21st, 2010 at her boyfriends home in Richmond.

Very Sad :( Hope the link works.

http://www.bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&languageId=1&contentId=13380&index=3

Link works fine.
She was released on a "Promise to Appear"? Is that like the American personal recognizance bond?
Makes me sick. She either killed a person, or took a person's body and disposed of it like trash. And they just tell her, okay, go ahead, just so long as you promise to come back...

This is so sad. I truly hope he was stillborn. Either way how can you dettach yourself so much that you could throw away a child?

The search of the land fill almost 2 weeks later gives me hope in the Gabriel Johnson case that if he is in the landfill they will find him since they roped off the area a while back.

On February 4th, 2010 the Richmond RCMP received information from an unknown source about a female who may have been pregnant, delivered and discarded her baby.

Through investigation the Richmond Serious Crime Unit identified the suspect and determined that she did give birth to a baby boy on Sunday January 21st, 2010 at her boyfriends home in Richmond.

Very Sad :( Hope the link works.

http://www.bc.rcmp.ca/ViewPage.action?siteNodeId=50&languageId=1&contentId=13380&index=3

i need a vacation :furious:

I wonder why she didn't wake her BF or call 911 for medical help and said she was going into labor..instead she goes in the bathroom and delivers it by herself..and said it wasn't alive.

Promise to appear is what you stated.

I am so sad to keep reading about all these poor babies!!!! I wish GOD would just strike anyone who is going to kill or abuse a child dead before they get the chance. I fear that is the only way to make it stop.

The article states that the boyfriend assisted the mother in wrapping the baby's body in a towel and disposing of him in a nearby dumpster....yet NO charges against him are mentioned? That cannot be! I don't understand how killer parents keep finding each other. Truly, how does it work that so many mothers and fathers are willing to kill their children while the other parent goes along with the plan? Makes me ill. If this poor child was stillborn, there is no reason to attempt to cover up a crime, call the hospital or rescue, and treat the child with some dignity! Sickening!

why when so many people want to adopt and we now have safe haven policies!!!!

A young woman in a nearby Oregon town, Medford, did this a few months ago. The baby boy's body was found wrapped in a t-shirt in a dumpster behind a hotel. A transient person looking for bottles found him. My heart still breaks for that man...can you imagine?

I was surprised that it didn't take took too long to figure out who the mom was. Maids had seen her around the area. She was an older teen who I suspect has some cognitive challenges. She was charged but pretty much got a slap on the wrist due to the fact that the baby was determined to have been stillborn.

But the trash? Even if a mom didn't want anyone to know about the little guy, couldn't she have taken him someplace beautiful and peaceful (I know it's against the law, but still..) like way up into the hills and buried him. Here's another place that our society's laws don't always fit with reality. If we had a safe haven for dead infants that might be great but we all know the babies would have to be autopsied and moms searched for to offer medical aid or for arrest. There's no good answer. I would imagine that many pioneer cabins had unmarked graves where teen moms buried their babies. Unplanned babies, stillborn babies, and babies born with severe disabilities who die shortly after birth have always been a part of life. And not every mom has a support system to deal with this.

I don't think women who give birth and are in a very poor "space" make the best decisions. Why do other cultures surround a new mom with a houseful of aunties? It's not only to watch the older kids, clean the floors and keep food on the table. It's to watch that new mom and to guide her through those first few days or weeks. And to be able to rush in and "catch the baby" if something doesn't work.

Yes it is a sad world..... I don't believe there are any safe havens in Canada but Childrens aid will take your child you just have to give up your rights....

It breaks my heart even more if really possible due to the simple fact that my 36 year old sister cannot have kids due to medical issues and she is currently on an adoption list.........:banghead::furious:

Passionflower--I just have to step in remind you and everybody else that while many do want to adopt, not many people want to adopt a child born with prenatal substance exposure, a parental history of addiction and/or mental illness, or disabilities.

If every baby were truly wanted, we wouldn't have 400,000 children in the US awaiting adoption. Read that number again. 400,000.

If this couple treated their newborn with this level of disregard, I'll almost guarantee that one of the above issues, plays a part. JMO

For those who are interested:

http://www.canadaswaitingkids.ca/about.html

"One of the biggest myths about adoption in Canada is that there are no Canadian children available for adoption. There are more than 78,000 children in the care of child welfare organizations across Canada. More than 30,000 of these children have parents whose parental rights have been terminated by the courts. What this usually means is that these children have no permanent family and will live in foster care or small institutional placements until they are legally of age."

Trust me when I say, if a person is truly serious about parenting AND completes the homestudy process, a child WILL be placed with them. One must be dedicated and put all their energy into the process (much like a pregnancy) but I can attest to the fact that the children are waiting.....in the US and in Canada.

The article states that the boyfriend assisted the mother in wrapping the baby's body in a towel and disposing of him in a nearby dumpster....yet NO charges against him are mentioned? That cannot be! I don't understand how killer parents keep finding each other. Truly, how does it work that so many mothers and fathers are willing to kill their children while the other parent goes along with the plan? Makes me ill. If this poor child was stillborn, there is no reason to attempt to cover up a crime, call the hospital or rescue, and treat the child with some dignity! Sickening!
{BBM}
Based on the information provided in the link, I agree that the boyfriend should be charged, at least, with Indignity to dead body, Neglect to obtain assistance at child birth and Concealing body of child.

However, my big questions are; How did the boyfriend not hear her giving birth in the bathroom and Is it possible that he, too, should be charged with Infanticide and possibly more? This story is fishy, IMO. Is it possible that the mother is a "victim" of abuse and the boyfriend caused the fatal injuries to the fetus? I hope we get some more information on this. It's just very strange, to me, that she went into labor and gave birth while the boyfriend "slept on the couch". Very, very strange. JMO

somebody needs to put her in a dumpster..

in this day and age they cant tell whether the baby was alive or not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back