GUILTY PA - Orrell Kirkland, 20 mos, scrubbed with Drano, dies, Philadelphia, 2 Feb 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
PHILADELPHIA (CBS/AP) Drano is usually used to clear tough clogs in household drains.

But in the case of 20-month-old Suliaman Kirkland, it was used to kill, according to police.

Not even two years old, Kirkland was rushed to a Philadelphia children's hospital after his babysitter, Aaron Pace, allegedly doused a rag with the caustic substance and rubbed it onto his skin February 2.

The drain cleaner was used as some sort of punishment, police say, because the boy had been uncooperative and was crying.

more here

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/09/crimesider/entry6189454.shtml

Bless you little Suliaman, may you RIP.....be free from pain in the arms of angels and play with angel friends Aveion, Caylee, Eddie, Emma Leigh, Kelsey, and so many others who are free from this world of evil.

:rose:

(guess today's not a good day to read the news either)

What a tragedy!! It seems to be a daily event anymore hearing how horribly children are being treated. This just breaks my heart... RIP Suliaman Kirkland.

ok I know I know, don't judge a book by it's cover, but this guy made her feel COMFORTABLE around a child? I hope the poor baby is resting in peace now :(

How horrible. I can't even imagine what that toddler went through. I hope they fry the based on the cirumstances of how this child died.

WHY are we seeing so much more of this happening? Why was this ever allowed to BABY SIT this child? What is his relationship to this childs mother? or do I need to ask? Another boyfriend?

ok I know I know, don't judge a book by it's cover, but this guy made her feel COMFORTABLE around a child? I hope the poor baby is resting in peace now :(

No kidding! One look at the guy and he looks wasted.

it appears the family has known the monster for years:

Pace, who was being held last night at Police Headquarters, often referred to himself as the boy's godfather, Riehl said.

Connie Kirkland said her family had known Pace since he was a child.

"He was a gentleman," she said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/83865272.html

If he's regarded as a 'gentleman', what do they call an evil person??

A gentleman? O-M-G! :furious:

and the lied to the mother about how the child was injured.

A slow and painful death for this guy. Anyone ever use The Works drain cleaner? It's main ingrediant is hydrochloric acid. Edited to remove the rest of my thoughts.

so in the last 24 hours we have a guy who poisoned a 2 year old with drain cleaner and a 'father' who waterboarded his 4 year old like she was an al quida member.
yeah about all my faith in humanity is lost right now.

A gentleman? O-M-G! :furious:

and the lied to the mother about how the child was injured.

A slow and painful death for this guy. Anyone ever use The Works drain cleaner? It's main ingrediant is hydrochloric acid. Edited to remove the rest of my thoughts.

Yes, and the "gentleman" will now enjoy three meals a day, free medical and dental care, free legal representation, as well as extensive psychological testing to try to determine if someone else is to blame for his homicidal actions.
Lawyers, judges, and various other folks will bend over backwards to see his every need served and his "rights" protected to the utmost. That's our justice system at work!

A two year old uncooperative and crying? Really?? What a shock! When this man agreed to babysit for the toddler, did he think that the baby, at age two, would actually be able to reason, to calm himself? Two year olds by definition are uncooperative and they cry all the time!

I just cannot comprehend the thinking behind someone who is frustrated at a baby (and yes, babies can be frustrating), so the person decides to rub a caustic chemical in the baby's skin. Why? To teach him a lesson? "I'll give you something to cry about?" "This chemical will make the baby stop crying?" I just can't figure it out, and it makes me so angry.

the only reason someone would do something like that is cause they are a sadistic freak.

oh wait, im sorry, have to remember what the family said about him.

a sadistic 'gentleman'

I actually think the label "gentleman" is worth looking at. I think it is entirely possible that this man gave the family no indication that he had the ability to snap when angered and to have no internal controls on that anger. Isn't that the most frightening thing of all?

Just like in the Mohler case...where we have a whole community singing the praises of a bunch of guys, calling them great men, dedicated to their families, church goers, gentlemen. Everyone needs to wake up and realize that often times the ONLY person to see the face of evil is the victim.

What this man did is vile and revolting and sadistic. The poor baby must have suffered greatly and this monster could have stopped some of the pain or possibly saved the child by getting him medical care or even washing him. He did none of that. He not only violated this baby but he violated this whole family who trusted him. I'm not ready to convict the family until we get more information. We've seen so many cases in the last few weeks where criminals/abusers shock everyone they know by their awful actions.

Sleep peacefully little boy.

im not villifying the family im just expressing utter frustration with all these cases.

it appears the family has known the monster for years:

Pace, who was being held last night at Police Headquarters, often referred to himself as the boy's godfather, Riehl said.

Connie Kirkland said her family had known Pace since he was a child.

"He was a gentleman," she said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/83865272.html

If he's regarded as a 'gentleman', what do they call an evil person??

This was only a tiny little blip in our Daily News today.

As for the family saying he was a gentleman? You have no idea. So many of these poor little kids have "Godfathers". It's really sad to say but the mindset of some people here and this has been my experience I can't speak for others they're just all about the "loyalty". The creed ya know of "family".

Pour freakina*s Drano on a kid. Iz, you couldn't even begin to dream it up in your head. It's not the famly's fault, BUT then shut up. Why come in with him being a gentleman? There's no way this guy hasn't at some point shown violent, sadistic tendinceies. I can lay money on it.

This was only a tiny little blip in our Daily News today.

As for the family saying he was a gentleman? You have no idea. So many of these poor little kids have "Godfathers". It's really sad to say but the mindset of some people here and this has been my experience I can't speak for others they're just all about the "loyalty". The creed ya know of "family".

Pour freakina*s Drano on a kid. Iz, you couldn't even begin to dream it up in your head. It's not the famly's fault, BUT then shut up. Why come in with him being a gentleman? There's no way this guy hasn't at some point shown violent, sadistic tendinceies. I can lay money on it.

I guess I read into them saying "he was always a gentleman" differently. I took it as we trusted this man, he never showed any signs to us other than being a good guy. It sounds like the family is very surprised that he would do something like this, because he has always been a gentleman and we have known him since he was little. That is how I read into the families comments. So, I think their comments are appropriate. JMO

IMO, an eye for an eye............give this killer some draino to drink!!!

I guess I read into them saying "he was always a gentleman" differently. I took it as we trusted this man, he never showed any signs to us other than being a good guy. It sounds like the family is very surprised that he would do something like this, because he has always been a gentleman and we have known him since he was little. That is how I read into the families comments. So, I think their comments are appropriate. JMO

That's true. I know if a lifelong family friend murdered my 20 month old grandson, nephew or cousin with Drano I'd be certain to let everyone know he was a gentleman though.

No, "Oh my Go- we knew him our entire lives. I couldn't even dream he'd do something like this especially to a baby". Nope, a gentleman.

Plus, the article states several of Pace's relatives were in the home, but didn't witness the murder. Then one finds this baby in such horrific conditions and calls the mother THEN calls 911. Perhaps in such a horrendous case you'd figure I have to call the mom, and then dial 911. Then again this baby was burned like that? I'm thinking 911 would be first.

Again, thankfully I've never been in such an awful situation. No doubt you'd have the life shocked out of you, but the title of gentleman? I guess gentlemen don't burn baby's with Drano?

My husband works offshore, and witnessed a tool called a "chemical cutter" explode before it was lowered into the pipe. The chemical hit another worker, and I am not even going to describe to you what happened, because God forbid another person should have to try to go to sleep with this picture in their mind.

I'll just tell you this: This innocent child suffered. He suffered an unbearable pain before he was released from pain.

This "babysitter" , this "gentleman" needs to pay a very strong penalty for what he has done.

The cruelty that humans are capable of never ceases to horrify me.

That's true. I know if a lifelong family friend murdered my 20 month old grandson, nephew or cousin with Drano I'd be certain to let everyone know he was a gentleman though.

No, "Oh my Go- we knew him our entire lives. I couldn't even dream he'd do something like this especially to a baby". Nope, a gentleman.

Plus, the article states several of Pace's relatives were in the home, but didn't witness the murder. Then one finds this baby in such horrific conditions and calls the mother THEN calls 911. Perhaps in such a horrendous case you'd figure I have to call the mom, and then dial 911. Then again this baby was burned like that? I'm thinking 911 would be first.

Again, thankfully I've never been in such an awful situation. No doubt you'd have the life shocked out of you, but the title of gentleman? I guess gentlemen don't burn baby's with Drano?

Never mind witness it -- how did they not hear little Suliaman screaming in agony???????????!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH did they think was going on??????????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back