'Deadliest Catch' Captain, Phil Harris, Dies

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
RIP Phil

Phil Harris, captain of the Cornelia Marie on the Discovery Channel show "Deadliest Catch," has died.
On the show's Web page, where updates on Harris' condition had been posted since his Jan. 30 stroke, sons Jake and Josh Harris gave notice of their father's passing

More at link:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gos...ch-captain-phil-harris-dies-after-stroke.html

Statement on The Discovery Channel Website:
http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/phil-harris/

Watch the best moments from Captain Harris and his crew.

To leave condolences for Phil's family and friends, please visit our message boards.

What a tough guy...my brother is addicted to that show and will be heartbroken.

Wow. I thought I had just recently read that he was doing better.

RIP Capt. Harris.

Wow...I'm shocked! All the reports I read recently said he was doing so well, and he, hs family, and drs. were all so impressed by his progress....sad. :(

RIP Phil, you will be missed

Prayers to his family. I don't watch the show, but DH and son do. My son will be upset. DH said he was the most likable character.

He was one of the few that I liked on that show. He will be missed.

I was a shocked but to be honest I was rather expecting this to a small degree. Especially after the blot clot he had in his lungs a couple of years ago. I am going to miss him so much. He was gruff and blunt but he also had a "teddy bear" quality about him.

R.I.P. Captain.

Melissa

OMG.. I am shocked and heartbroken. I had heard he was doing better and had hoped to go home soon.. Oh I am so terribly sorry to hear he list this battle. What a shame he was such a great guy to watch and added so much to the show- loved watching he and his boys. One blessing is the time they all spent on the boat the last few years.. and to be honest if he had to go out I am certain this is a close to the way he would have chosen as possible. He will be missed by many of us who never met him but certainly more so by all those lucky enough to call him family or friend. My deepest condolences to all who loved him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back