Coxes to appear on Dr. Phil Show

RayO

Reaction score
Hadn't seen this item posted yet.

The family of missing West Valley City mother Susan Powell will discuss the woman's case on "Dr. Phil" on Tuesday.

"Susan Powell's parents, Chuck and Judy Cox; Shelby Gifford, a family friend who has served as a spokeswoman during the search for Susan; and Jennifer and Kirk Graves, the sister and brother-in-law of Joshua Powell, will appear on the program to talk about the search for Susan, said Kiirsi Hellewell, a friend of Susan Powell."

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_14374363

Thoughts on how this will go?

It also looks bad for Josh, that he was no doubt invited to be on the show and didn't return their calls or declined the offer.

Exactly, he should be the one on the show .He has done nothing, except run from media. I'm sure Dr. Phil will mention if he declined.I know why he declined a Geraldo interview . Geraldo would chew him up and spit him out.

Just pulled my Dr Phil show email; it says

Tuesday - February 16, 2010 - What Really Happened to Susan Powell?
It’s been more than two months since Susan Powell, a wife and mother of two, vanished without a trace. Susan’s husband, Josh, is now a person of interest in the case but her family claims that he is refusing to cooperate with police. Dr. Phil speaks with the missing woman’s parents, Chuck and Judy. Learn what they have to say about their son-in-law’s behavior and why they say they fear for their grandchildren. A Dr. Phil producer travels to the camp area where Josh allegedly took his sons the night Susan disappeared. Don’t miss what she discovers! And, legal analyst Lisa Bloom weighs in on this case. Next, Ed Smart, whose daughter Elizabeth was kidnapped and found, knows what it’s like to be a person of interest. Hear his opinion about this case. Plus, a father whose daughter has been missing for 14 years shares his emotional story, the mistakes he thinks he’s made and his advice for Chuck and Judy. Go behind the headlines of this heartbreaking story.

Dr Phil - 02/16 What Really Happened to Susan Powell?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7K_-k21IM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7K_-k21IM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Check out the look on Jennifer's face when Dr. Phil asks her what JP has told her. This trailer is AWESOME!

I know there were things that LE didn't want leaked to the public, and I got the impression Jennifer is stressed because she has to be careful what she says. Definitely should be interesting, but I hope the video doesn't cut away from the conversation to show the audience like it does in the trailer.

I know there were things that LE didn't want leaked to the public, and I got the impression Jennifer is stressed because she has to be careful what she says. Definitely should be interesting, but I hope the video doesn't cut away from the conversation to show the audience like it does in the trailer.

The expression on Jennifer's face just before it cuts away tells it all. She looks like she hates Dr. Phil for putting her on the spot OR she hates her brother and knows full well what he has done. It was absolutely chilling! Look how her jaw shifts at 02:10. That look just gives me the chills. What does she know! She knows something!

Dr. Phil put it nicely. How have they not grabbed him by the shoulders.

My family would be mopping the floor with his face .

Dr. Phil put it nicely. How have they not grabbed him by the shoulders.

My family would be mopping the floor with his face .

That boy needs to go on a trip to the woods with some Hell's Angels! They'd get the truth out of him!

Jennifer looked like she flinched when Dr. Phil asked her about what JP told her

Jennifer looked like she flinched when Dr. Phil asked her about what JP told her
She makes the strangest expression with her face. She moves her jaw to one side and looks like she is feeling an intense sense of disdain, hatred, resentment, disgust.

She knows he did it! They all know, but no one wants to say it! IMO

Joshua Powell's sister doubts him on 'Dr. Phil'

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_14399155

Graves also said her brother avoids questions about his wife's disappearance.

"I asked him if he was involved and he wouldn't respond ... he literally doesn't say anything ... [he said] 'My lawyer said not to talk to anyone,'" his sister said during the show.

The above bolded part is what gets me!! He doesn't DENY anything.... :furious:

"I asked him if he was involved and he wouldn't respond ... he literally doesn't say anything ... [he said] 'My lawyer said not to talk to anyone,'" his sister said during the show.

I wonder what she learned from her other siblings and step mother when she and Kirk went to visit a few weeks ago! Maybe she knows something! How could she not learn something DURING that trip? Why would she go to visit a brother like that?

I am supposed to believe she didn't ask Charlie questions and learn something?

I really think the best he can go for would be an accident; unless Susan is found, or the forensics prove otherwise. How sick. Steven must be so proud of his "man".

I wonder what she learned from her other siblings and step mother when she and Kirk went to visit a few weeks ago! Maybe she knows something! How could she not learn something DURING that trip? Why would she go to visit a brother like that?

VERY VERY good point!! I hadn't even considered the other siblings who all live at home, might just be the type that would leak info... very very interesting!!

I didn't think he (Papa) remarried? Do you know that he did?

I too would like to have been a mouse in the corner with the discussion that took place in the household regarding Susan. Maybe they were "told" that "her" name was not to be brought up. Maybe daddy would like to fess up and protect his Joshy, as he has always done. NOT

EDIT: I think she may have ask him questions while Josh was on his rental ride. I too, sadly, think the Coxs ask him also during their unsupervised visit. If you watch him in the video when P asked him if he did...he says "no", but then looks down. I have a feeling Josh or daddy ask little Charlie later, and he told. Thus, no more unsupervised visits. Only at pop's place. Could be Josh told them "no way" if this did happen. I had thought after seeing the previous video with Judy, that she may have been the one to refuse to go over there---you can clearly see the distain she has for Josh. I think she is the one, rather than the father who would be more tempted to grab him by the shoulders. JMO

I didn't think he (Papa) remarried? Do you know that he did?

I too would like to have been a mouse in the corner with the discussion that took place in the household regarding Susan. Maybe they were "told" that "her" name was not to be brought up. Maybe daddy would like to fess up and protect his Joshy, as he has always done. NOT

I thought I remembered reading about Steve Powell and Josh's step mother. But, I could be wrong. If he didn't remarry, this would partially explain his desire to have at least one of his grown children live with him but doesn't explain why there are now four of them!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back