Couple celebrates 70 yrs of marriage

My ex in laws have been married 65 years. He is 93 and she is 86. I know he will live to be at least 100 so they should make 70 years, too.

The story brought tears to my eyes. I hope that my husband and I can look back just as happily.

My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary surrounded by all 5 of their children and all their grandchildren and great grandchildren in 1992...my grandmother passed away in 1995 so they actually were married for 73 years.

My ex in laws have been married 65 years. He is 93 and she is 86. I know he will live to be at least 100 so they should make 70 years, too.

My in laws were married 66 years before he passed away in 2007. They were still love birds. Held hands, kissed and he was always bringing her little stuffed animals home when he went to town. It was so awe inspiring just to watch them with that twinkle still in their eyes. They could recall every minute, every second of when they met, fell in love and got married. And believe me, she was still jealous of her handsome 85 year old husband too. :crazy: She would get upset with him if she thought he was talking to the other church ladies too much. ha

And I am blessed to have a husband just like his devoted loving father. We have had so much fun in the last 26 years of marriage and whatever time God gives us from here on out ......everyday will be treasured.

My mother in law still celebrates their wedding anniversary. She goes to his graveside to visit his grave and she places a little gift there for him.

Love is a wonderful powerful thing and true love goes on forever and ever.

imo

My grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary surrounded by all 5 of their children and all their grandchildren and great grandchildren in 1992...my grandmother passed away in 1995 so they actually were married for 73 years.

My in laws were married 66 years before he passed away in 2007. They were still love birds. Held hands, kissed and he was always bringing her little stuffed animals home when he went to town. It was so awe inspiring just to watch them with that twinkle still in their eyes. They could recall every minute, every second of when they met, fell in love and got married. And believe me, she was still jealous of her handsome 85 year old husband too. :crazy: She would get upset with him if she thought he was talking to the other church ladies too much. ha

And I am blessed to have a husband just like his devoted loving father. We have had so much fun in the last 26 years of marriage and whatever time God gives us from here on out ......everyday will be treasured.

My mother in law still celebrates their wedding anniversary. She goes to his graveside to visit his grave and she places a little gift there for him.

Love is a wonderful powerful thing and true love goes on forever and ever.

imo

What wonderful examples have been set! Love like that is rare especially nowadays. My being married 20 yrs seems so short compared to your grandparents.

I love to read these kind of stories.
Thank you that is a great story.

I lost my parents 12 years ago and they passed 2 months apart.
It is said that often times real soul mates pass almost at the same time.

They knew each other since they were children, and both went through the holocaust. Each went home to look for the other, and they found each other and married again, but no wedding. ceremony.

They were married 60 years by they time they left this world.
They had a huge wedding at 50 year anniversary and remarried again. :) :) :)
Relatives came from other countries it was a great big Celebration.
They held hands when they walked till the end, they took little vacations together when they retired to make up for all the years they could not. They entertained at home often.
But what was also really adorable was you can never say anything upset to one, with out the other one sticking up for the other. It used to aggravate me but now it makes me smile :)
I miss them a lot.

My Italian in laws have been married for about 65 yrs. I love their wedding pic. They are both 84 now and he is deaf and doesnt talk much and she does all the driving but they just keep going. :)
I think people who have been married all their lives are so blessed:angel:
Thanks for the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth