The Hospital Band

TXHOPE

Reaction score
BBM. Have we discussed this at all? The hospital band has always stood out for me since I first heard about it. I can't for the life of me think why Elizabeth brought that on this trip. I mean, yes, if I was taking off to find a new life, I would bring that with me because it's a treasured keepsake. But then, I wouldn't be giving my son away or killing him. And I wouldn't leave it behind after doing either of those things.
Does anyone have any idea's on why she brought the hospital band? The only thing I could think of is that she just didn't want Logan to have it because it is something that probably means a lot to him, and even MORE if Gabriel is never found or is found deceased. But then why not just toss it out? She obviously didn't want it if she left it behind.

I think the hospital band is another piece that supports her giving the baby up to the couple. The hospital band has her name on it-Johnson-not Logan's or any other father's last name. I honestly think she could of told the couple and the baby broker that the father is not part of their life. I think the broker and the couple would think it was less risky if there wasn't a caring father involved. Who would come look for him or want him back?

I do hate that it was left in the room though like it meant nothing, trash.

BBM. Have we discussed this at all? The hospital band has always stood out for me since I first heard about it. I can't for the life of me think why Elizabeth brought that on this trip. I mean, yes, if I was taking off to find a new life, I would bring that with me because it's a treasured keepsake. But then, I wouldn't be giving my son away or killing him. And I wouldn't leave it behind after doing either of those things.
Does anyone have any idea's on why she brought the hospital band? The only thing I could think of is that she just didn't want Logan to have it because it is something that probably means a lot to him, and even MORE if Gabriel is never found or is found deceased. But then why not just toss it out? She obviously didn't want it if she left it behind.

The hospital band struck me also. I think maybe she was going to send with Gabriel. It's been too many years, so I don't remember what would be on the band. Would his blood type be on there? A hospital number for future medical reasons??

Could she have used it as proof of biological mother instead of the birth certificate with Logan's name on it?? :waitasec:

ETA: Great minds think alike, TXHOPE :)

At both hotels EJ left personal items...
The hospital band concerns me a lot in that the new parents or Elizabeth felt it was not significant enough to keep....

The new adoptive parent may not even keep his birthday :-(

She brought that band for a purpose. She must of had to go thru his new born mementos to find it before she left. If Logans name was on the original birth certificate, maybe she thought she could use the band in place.

Or to prove she was the baby's mother since they usuallylist the mom's name and not the baby's.

I started a thread for the hospital band. I'll put in a request to JBean to move over the related posts.

Here's the thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95768"]The Hospital Band - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

well, I'm glad you made this thread b/c I was unaware that there was a hospital band! (been distracted by other news)

Does the band have Gabriels name? Here we don't ahve names on the child's band. They are blueor pink, accordingly and have the mothers full or last name, the doctor, time of birth and verification number that matches the mother's and other authorized person (usually the father.)
I thought I'd just brin gthis over myself.

Thanks BeanE.

If the band was when Gabriel was born and the diaper bag was one that the hospital gave her, then she may have taken it off and placed it inside a pocket. EJ may have never cared enough to take the band and place it into a baby book or some other momento keeping place. When she did whatever it was she did with the baby she may have taken everything out of the bag. I read that the bag is the only baby item missing.

If the band was when Gabriel was born and the diaper bag was one that the hospital gave her, then she may have taken it off and placed it inside a pocket. EJ may have never cared enough to take the band and place it into a baby book or some other momento keeping place. When she did whatever it was she did with the baby she may have taken everything out of the bag. I read that the bag is the only baby item missing.

The only thing is the bag looks like a tote bag she used as a diaper bag not like a baby bag from a hospital issued by Similac or Enfamil. I think she brought the band on the trip with her for a specific reason.

At this point, I feel like everything EJ did was for a reason. The hospital band was either brought to prove "legal parental status" OR it gives indications along with the framed photos that EJ acctually valued family relationships somewhat. Maybe she planned to see him again one day and wanted proof that he was hers or wanted to provide the illegal adoptive parents with something they could show to G as he grew older. Whatever the reason she brought the hosp band, it would have been an easy thing to bring with her when she departed Sa which makes me think that she gave it along with other items to the new parents and that they probably left italong with the other wanting no traceable link to G's true bio history or simply wanting to buy everything new for their new child. If they were flying, even in a personal, small plane, theymay not have had room for the stuff.

But about those pictures.... Obviously EJ felt some attachment to them so Where are they now? They are not listed on the arrest documents and if there's a list of what was located in the hostel I haven't yet seen it. To me, this lends strength to the idea that a bag,pictures and possibly even a laptop may have been hidden somewhere along the way or given to someone to keep safe until she could come back for them.

The only thing is the bag looks like a tote bag she used as a diaper bag not like a baby bag from a hospital issued by Similac or Enfamil. I think she brought the band on the trip with her for a specific reason.

I knew after posting that I should have included, or a bag that she used from the very beginning after birth. There must have been a specific bag that Logan and she used as the diaper bag or she wouldn't have called it that.

Could something or someone have spooked her that morning of the 27th, causing her to just ditch most everything and run?

It seems like this whole thing was pretty well planned up until the morning of the 27th, when EJ ditches everything in her hotel room, ditches the car and a few more things, leaves the car directly across from the bus route she uses, has to kill time just waiting for three (?) hours and then is picked up within days at her destination...
If there was a plan, it sure fell apart that day. IMO. I think the band was just part of that, if she did have special plans, she forgot them when it was time to just grab and go.

I knew after posting that I should have included, or a bag that she used from the very beginning after birth. There must have been a specific bag that Logan and she used as the diaper bag or she wouldn't have called it that.
I'm thinking along the same lines as you are, that maybe it was inside the bag and she removed it so it wouldn't be wherever the bag is now. MOO

Could something or someone have spooked her that morning of the 27th, causing her to just ditch most everything and run?

It seems like this whole thing was pretty well planned up until the morning of the 27th, when EJ ditches everything in her hotel room, ditches the car and a few more things, leaves the car directly across from the bus route she uses, has to kill time just waiting for three (?) hours and then is picked up within days at her destination...
If there was a plan, it sure fell apart that day. IMO. I think the band was just part of that, if she did have special plans, she forgot them when it was time to just grab and go.
It was her own stupidity that she was picked up so soon. If she hadn't texted Logan or updated her myspace, she might not have been found so easily. Why she'd leave Gabriel's things behind in the hotel room is strange also, unless she really did want Logan to think she'd permanently gotten rid of the baby. MOO

Maybe LM had it and without asking him she had no access toit unless she requested a replacement and perhaps that took too long.

I love my babies dearly, but do you know where my last son's BP cuff and measuring tape are? In the freebie Similac bag they gave us at the hospital. It's not that I don't care, but I have yet to establish a real memory box and it seemed like the safest place to keep all that stuff. We have a diaper bag we bought and take out with us, so the cheapie bags make good storage for paper work, the photo badges, etc.

I think if she brought the bracelet on purpose, that would have gone with the "adoptive" parents. She wouldn't have left it to identify the scene, IMO. As much as it pains me to say, I certainly don't think she'd leave it in the bag she in which she planned to dispose of his body. If the bag were to be found, it'd be similar to finding a murderer's license with the body of their victim. It could no longer be "some other baby" once decomposition was complete. Babies don't have fingerprints on record, generally. No teeth x-rays.

I just can't see her pulling out that stuff out only to leave it, but this whole thing is crazy...I guess we can't know. I just know instead of making me feel better, it really makes me ill at ease. If it had sentimental value and she wanted a token to remember Gabriel by--why was it still there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back