Israel - Israeli harem leader charged with rape, incest

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100214...DeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2lzcmFlbGloYXJlbQ--

"An Israeli man who kept a cult-like harem of women and fathered dozens of children with them was charged in a Tel Aviv court Sunday with enslavement, rape, incest and other sexual offenses.

The 25-page indictment accused 60-year-old Goel Ratzon of setting himself up as a "godlike" figure who preyed on troubled women while treating them like "chattel."

The case has captivated the Israeli public since Ratzon's arrest last month. Several of the women have come forward with details of their unconventional lives, describing their attraction to the man with flowing, long white hair.

Ratzon, who remains behind bars, has denied any wrongdoing and said the women joined him voluntarily......."

I did read that story a while back, it seems that the police was unable to arrest him for a long time but did watch him.
It seems that some of his women were troubled, lost, miss guided girls who needed to be cared for, some said he treated them so well. :puke:
A few sets of parents were in constant contact with LE trying to get their daughters out of there; Reminds me of the FLDS case. :(

Songline--You brought up a good point. I don't think a lot of people realize that LE (and the FBI) stay in touch with parents and family members while they are attempting to bust traffickers and abusers. LE can only act when a judge permits a SW or there's an "arrest-able" crime. Sometimes, we parents of "lost" girls/women just have to be patient and wait. It's heartbreaking.

Thanks for making that clear... most people do not know that.
But the Laws in Israel would not be the same as here anyway.

I have been on top of that story...
Just thought it was a case that is far away. so I did not bring it here.

He is dubbed Israel’s Josef Fritzl - But IMHO Fritzel did in fact imprison his very own daughter.
IMHO it resembles FLDS.

This SOB collected as many young women as he can that were lost and looking for love.
He fathered dozens of children with UNCLEAR but it is 17 to 32 women. :crazy:
Different papers have printed different stories, NOT sure how many women he had kids with.
He sired at least 49 children with his “wives”, (some were not wives) who tattooed themselves with his face and name on their body and lived by his rules. They worked cleaning homes and watching children and gave him all the money. His name is Goel Ratzon - GOEL in HEBREW MEANS SAVIOUR :puke:

NOT AT ALL resembling Fritzel case.

THIS CASE IS ON GOING FOR YEARS - I know about it over a year, started to follow it recently because there were some complaints which put a fire under the case.

Here is just one case against him: Beside his harem he also raped young girls....:furious:

He convinced an underage girl that he had supernatural powers and distanced her from her family.
He then took a shower with the girl and raped her. When she complained of pain, he told her,
“Don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.” :eek:

Mr Ratzon “knew that the young girl was subject to his charismatic influence. He nurtured and cultivated her in such a way that it prohibited her from granting her free agreement,” police said.
They added that the girl’s father managed to locate her and forcibly remove her from Mr Ratzon.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/14/goel-ratzon-harem-police-arrest

Another one brain washing girls :banghead:

Thank you for providing that last link, Songline. I had not heard of this man before. Contrary to what Mr. Ratzon says, I don't think he's perfect and yet I'm a woman. In fact, I think he's altogether despicable. I'm sorry to break it to him but many of us women don't think he's special at all. I have to say that the final paragraph did surprise me. I guess he's not as successful as he thinks as he isn't able to achieve the perfection he's seeking:

"The children have been turned over to the authorities and some of the women have been let free. Ratzon appeared to have at least three apartments, which were dark, overcrowded and filthy."

great another sicko passing himself off as a good sammaritan

Thank you for providing that last link, Songline. I had not heard of this man before. Contrary to what Mr. Ratzon says, I don't think he's perfect and yet I'm a woman. In fact, I think he's altogether despicable. I'm sorry to break it to him but many of us women don't think he's special at all. I have to say that the final paragraph did surprise me. I guess he's not as successful as he thinks as he isn't able to achieve the perfection he's seeking:

"The children have been turned over to the authorities and some of the women have been let free. Ratzon appeared to have at least three apartments, which were dark, overcrowded and filthy."

He always lived with one wife. ="looks normal"
He had several apartments in an adjacent building where the rest of them lived, kind of like a hovel.
With wall to wall mattresses all over the floors for sleeping. They were dressed in long dresses and fully covered, their tattoo of him on their body.
He is a disgrace. I am sure he knows he is despicable or else he would not have done things in hiding.
He is a huge embarrassment and the case is still being investigated because much is still coming out, some of the women are talking...SO IMHO a case is far away. But he is in jail where he belongs.

Isn't tattooing very frowned upon in the Jewish culture? I love how these guys make their own rules when the originals don't fit their plan.

This gives me the creeps looking at him....very (Charles) Manson-esque

alg_israeli_ratzon.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/02/15/2010-02-15_man_kept_harem_of_21_israelis_say.html

Isn't tattooing very frowned upon in the Jewish culture? I love how these guys make their own rules when the originals don't fit their plan.

EXACTLY !!!!

what I do not know is if they used real INK or if they used Hannah, which fades with time- (needs to be reapplied)
BUT WHERE would they get this done? IF they are inked...
Palestinians are often tattooed - ornamented like jewelry - but mostly with Hannah not real INK. :waitasec:
I have to find out, because I do not think there are any tattoo parlors.

If this is a stupid question, I apologize. Do you we know that he is Jewish?

Excellent question, Lizzybeth, but I can't find anything but conjecture. I don't see him referred to as a Jew but instead, by his name and as a resident of Tel Aviv. That's like assuming that you're Mormon because you live in SLC. We need to keep watching.

I've also seen the number of children vary from 37 to 49.

I did find his rulebook, though:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1142661.html

Excellent question, Lizzybeth, but I can't find anything but conjecture. I don't see him referred to as a Jew but instead, by his name and as a resident of Tel Aviv. That's like assuming that you're Mormon because you live in SLC. We need to keep watching.

I've also seen the number of children vary from 37 to 49.

I did find his rulebook, though:

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1142661.html

I will make a call this week, maybe I can get that information
But in Tel Aviv there are both Jewish and Palestinian residents.
HOWEVER - the meaning of his name has been translated from Hebrew not from Arabic.
WHY would they translate his name from the Hebrew Language? Unless he is Jewish.
BUT BUT BUT....He may have used this name to manipulate a Jewish population...:waitasec:
I still think we need to review and get a real answer if we can.

Possibly O/T, but what in the he** is this? I was searching for info on Ratzon and came upon this blog with a story about him. Very disturbing young boy images. I'm not seeing the connection. Anybody else ever come across this?

http://leutraixnow.blogspot.com/

An in-depth blog article on Ratzon from the "Jewish Daily Forward":

http://blogs.forward.com/sisterhood-blog/123687/

"The truth is, though, throughout history, women living in enslavement have found happiness through the comfort of other women. It’s a model of female empowerment within conditions of oppression — and it’s a potent model......"

An interesting comment from 1/21 following the blog:

"Today, some of Ratzon's wives -- the ones who just a week ago were singing his praises -- told the police that they want to remove their tattoos of his face from their bodies. Women are also asking to see their families. Police report that women are "sobering up" and opening up."

It seems likely that the tattoos are, indeed, inked as henna fades and can be scrubbed off the skin.

Possibly O/T, but what in the he** is this? I was searching for info on Ratzon and came upon this blog with a story about him. Very disturbing young boy images. I'm not seeing the connection. Anybody else ever come across this?

http://leutraixnow.blogspot.com/
Looks to me and I did not read thoroughly, there are several stories on one page not all are related.
kind of like TMZ and Radaronline have several stories on one page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back