So, You Thought Your Valentines Day Was a Bust

Moe

Reaction score
[video=youtube;e4AlDQT5sM8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AlDQT5sM8&feature=player_embedded[/video]#
Guy proposes at a NY Rangers game, gets the shaft. Should have saved that cash I guess.

Aww, this poor guy, I feel horrible for him!!!! I realize there is often much more to the story, but without knowing it, I feel horrible for him.

This makes me feel so sad.

Couldn't she just go along with it, to save him the public embarrassment- and then let him down gently in private, after the game?

I know honestly is always best, but...

I was proposed to, once...and I thought it was a joke. I started laughing really hard, which I guess wasn't the reaction he was looking for...the relationship ended soon after that (to be clear, I had thought I had made my stance on marriage pretty clear--it was *not* something I was interested in, with him, or anyone). At least he was smart enough not to ask me in public.

I feel bad for this guy, but given her expression, I'm willing to be he should have known better!

Poor fella. I hope she was just horribly embarrassed and that was the reason for her reaction. Whatever the reasons may be, I hope they both have long, happy and healthy lives.

The first time I saw this I thought it was a joke. But, I guess I have to feel a little sorry for the guy. I wonder if part of him knew she would say no.

I wonder if he thought she'd feel more pressure to say yes if it was done in such a big way?
IMO the woman walking away like she did says a lot about there being some kind of problems with the relationship and if there are problems then the last thing she'd need to do is say yes.

Years ago I had a boyfriend introduce me to his aunt as his fiance. Umm excuse me but he was just a boyfriend, marriage was never mentioned! It was at a large party. Later she came up to me and asked if we'd set a date, I just shook my head and said we were not getting married. I was only 17 then, certainly not ready or thinking about getting married!

VB

Has anyone ever heard that there is a new name for Valentine's day? It is now called Single Awareness Day.

Tacky. And they thought this was promotional? lmbo

i was gonna say.......usually when a guy propses in such a public way it's cause he' knows or at least suspects she'll say yes.
no guy wants to embarrasess himself like that if he feels there's even a minute chance she'll say no.
i guess the rangers are having problems with ticket sales.
lame

I am glad I read the whole thread before I started typing "bull'. I remember mine like it was yesterday. I gazed deeply into her porcelain enamel blue eyes, took her hands in mine and yelled "Whaddya mean your pregnant??!!???"*

*joking, heh heh

I am glad I read the whole thread before I started typing "bull'. I remember mine like it was yesterday. "Whaddya mean your pregnant??!!???"*

*joking, heh heh

gwh0074l.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.