JFK's Secret Love Letters to Swedish Woman Offered for Auction Today

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Before John F. Kennedy was president of the United States, he was an ambitious U.S. senator. And before he married Jacqueline Bouvier, Kennedy began a fleeting but passionate romance with a Swedish woman. The relationship continued after he was married.

Kennedy's relationship with Gunilla von Post is documented in poignant letters and telegrams. Up until now, von Post kept the correspondence locked away, so it's never been public.

Today Von Post offers the love letters for auction.

In the letters, Kennedy expresses, in his scrawling longhand, his feelings for von Post.

The two met on the French Riviera in the summer of 1953. He was 36, and she was 21. They danced all night, and parted with a passionate kiss.

Much more at link, including photos:

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/john-kennedy-secret-love-letters-gunilla-von-post/story?id=9836818&page=1

Amazing how the story cleanses the relationship. It was infidelity plain and simple. He was a married man. And, considering his womanizing reputation, who's to say she was more important to him than any other woman.

Amazing how the story cleanses the relationship. It was infidelity plain and simple. He was a married man. And, considering his womanizing reputation, who's to say she was more important to him than any other woman.

My mom's soaking up The Kennedy's on American Experience. PBS. She loves busting on the Kennedy's.

The mother thinking Teddy was going to be a Bishop. That tells you alot right there. Womanizing?

Gunilla Von Post I hope she gets some loot for them letters. I'm very glad the First Lady took the deal with the elder Kennedy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back