Creepy dude who stared at kids in city pool says his rights were violated

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Judges don't buy 'creeping out' argument :banghead:

Robert Kennedy got thrown out of a Cincinnati public pool three years ago because he was "creeping out" parents and lifeguards who accused him of staring at kids.

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the move may have violated Kennedy's constitutional rights.

The decision by the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals reverses a lower court ruling and allows Kennedy's lawsuit against the city, a pool supervisor and a police officer to go forward.

The three appeals court judges concluded that the claims in Kennedy's lawsuit, if proven true at trial, would amount to a violation of his constitutional right to due process.

They said confiscating Kennedy's $10 pool token and ordering him to stay away from other pools, parks and recreation department property would be improper if he broke no rules or was not charged with a crime.

The dispute began soon after Kennedy bought a pool token in 2007 and began frequenting a public pool in his Mount Washington neighborhood.

According to court records, a principal from a Mount Washington elementary school complained in the spring of 2007 about Kennedy staring at children during a field day near the pool. A few months later, on June 20, a teacher said she noticed Kennedy watching a swim meet at the pool with a "fixed, kind of scary smile."

She said he left after she told him he was "kind of creeping some people out."

The next day, Kennedy returned to the pool, sat on a bench and began reading a newspaper, court records say. But some parents and lifeguards suspected he was looking at children and said he had been "lurking along the fence line."

more here

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100216/NEWS010702/2170332/Judges+don+t+buy++creeping+out++claim

Hmmmm - wonder if he has CP on his 'puter? (JMOOOC)

Robert Kennedy got thrown out of a Cincinnati public pool three years ago because he was "creeping out" parents and lifeguards who accused him of staring at kids.

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday that the move may have violated Kennedy's constitutional rights.

The decision by the U.S. 6th Circuit Court of Appeals reverses a lower court ruling and allows Kennedy's lawsuit against the city, a pool supervisor and a police officer to go forward.

The three appeals court judges concluded that the claims in Kennedy's lawsuit, if proven true at trial, would amount to a violation of his constitutional right to due process.

They said confiscating Kennedy's $10 pool token and ordering him to stay away from other pools, parks and recreation department property would be improper if he broke no rules or was not charged with a crime.

The dispute began soon after Kennedy bought a pool token in 2007 and began frequenting a public pool in his Mount Washington neighborhood.

According to court records, a principal from a Mount Washington elementary school complained in the spring of 2007 about Kennedy staring at children during a field day near the pool. A few months later, on June 20, a teacher said she noticed Kennedy watching a swim meet at the pool with a "fixed, kind of scary smile."

The next day, Kennedy returned to the pool, sat on a bench and began reading a newspaper, court records say. But some parents and lifeguards suspected he was looking at children and said he had been "lurking along the fence line."

more here

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100216/NEWS010702/2170332/Judges+don+t+buy++creeping+out++claim

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh reading the newspaper. You know what that covers up. Man, I've seen that. Even seen it on the EL and got up and told the young lady who was the fixation obviously to get up and move with me to the next car. Then we got off the next stop. Called the cops.

I mean full fledged right behind the paper. Sweatpants on. Conveniently.

I hate that. Hate it. Strong word but it's making me really hate this guy as well even more though cause he has the b*l*s to sue?

Well one good thing is that with all the publicity, parents should know to keep their kids away from him.

It's no secret that someone interested in children will go to where they gather.
A few years ago dh told me about a man who also was showing some warning signs that he was attracted to young boys. He would just stare and stare at them when they played ball etc. Sometimes there are red flags and I can't blame the people for doing something.

I wonder if the pool has any kind of security cameras, it would be very usefull to actually see what the other people there saw to actually understand why they became alarmed.

Years ago a client I worked with was a pedophile, he loved to watch movies that had children (young boys) in them and when he saw one he really liked he would freeze the frame to just stare at him. IMO they get a lot of sick pleasure out of just staring like this. Sometimes you just have to listen to your hinky meter!

VB

My DD was a lifeguard for years and had run across the same thing. Sometimes these guys don't even make an effort to hide their excitement. Then there are the teenagers and amazingly, middle to senior aged people getting it on in the pool. Ack, poor kid had a horror story to tell everyday.

My understanding from speaking with pool managers, is if they aren't commiting a crime, they can be asked to leave that day. But they can't be banned permanently from a public facility.

This makes PERFECT sense because as we all know here children have no rights lest of all the right to play or swim in designated public areas(built & used with taxpayer funds) without being ogled by creepy pedos.....Its the pedo's right to use the facilities to facilitate their fantasies or to use as a hunting ground for victims!!!!!!!!! :(

more here

Would the judge want his own children or grandchildren in bathers in front of this creepy dude?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back