Raven to be extradited back to Durham

To see him in shackles and with the handcuffs is surreal.

True that, however he really didn't have much choice in the matter. The Governor would have signed the warrant to pass off to Idaho's Governor and it really wouldn't have done much more than push off the time a little bit.

It would just cause another state to have to invest their resources and their tax money on him. It's probably one of the kindest things he's done, however I think there are other ulterior motives behind it. Doesn't he need to be in North Carolina to have an public defender appointed to him or hire a defense attorney?

I wonder if his mother is going to sell her Lexus SUV, her jewelry, her high priced clothes, her summer house boat vacations to pay for his defense attorney?

I wonder if his mother is going to sell her Lexus SUV, her jewelry, her high priced clothes, her summer house boat vacations to pay for his defense attorney?

Is this a poll? (jk) I vote no,:snooty: from what I have gathered, that would be out of the question, and out of character.

I'm curious if the different Wards that the Abaroa's and extended "Abaroa's" belong to will be asked to collect donation money for Raven (probably not) or for the coming custody battle for Kaiden. Or if the Abaroa's will just count on the church to fill in the gaps when they claim all of their resources are going to defend their innocent son.

I am not of their faith so I have no idea how that works. I'm just curious as to how this is going to play out. I know the Morman faith is a very generous and supportive group and the thought crossed my mind as to how far they will go to support a member of their faith in such a circumstance.

I thought I read that he has asked for a public defender....which I thought was unusual...am I wrong?

I thought I read that he has asked for a public defender....which I thought was unusual...am I wrong?

The public defender was for the extradition hearing. There is no real reason to hire an attorney for the extradition.

Once he arrives in North Carolina there will be an arraignment and he will either ask to have an attorney appointed to him or someone will hire an attorney for him.

The extradition hearing was a foregone conclusion, so it would be silly to waste resources on an attorney in Idaho.

I'm curious if the different Wards that the Abaroa's and extended "Abaroa's" belong to will be asked to collect donation money for Raven (probably not) or for the coming custody battle for Kaiden. Or if the Abaroa's will just count on the church to fill in the gaps when they claim all of their resources are going to defend their innocent son.

I am not of their faith so I have no idea how that works. I'm just curious as to how this is going to play out. I know the Morman faith is a very generous and supportive group and the thought crossed my mind as to how far they will go to support a member of their faith in such a circumstance.

Karen will ask for donations from family & friends and anyone & everyone she knows, but I doubt she will spend money on hiring an attorney for Raven.

She knows all the mistakes made by Raven throughout the years and I think her main focus will be on Kaiden and I think she will do anything and everything for the sake of "winning!" She's an us vs. them type of person and sadly this is how she'll probably approach things.

Also, with her known spending & overextending issues, it will be a cash bonus raising Kaiden. She will then get any sort of benefits that Raven had been collecting on Janet's murder and I can see her filing for extra money for the state and in this case, I can see her getting extra help monetarily from the church.

As far as the extended family, I feel for all of the innocent family members and what they are going through. I'm pretty sure the ones reading here think that those of us sleuthing are having a ball at their expense. Nothing could be further from the truth. I feel for Kaiden, I feel for everyone in that family, and I am sad for all of them. Poor Jim Bolton is going to end up in the poor house.

Karen raised Raven and I think her parenting skills are lacking and I think she'll use Kaiden as a pawn, and his best interest is definitely not at heart.

I also do not believe the Church will help fund any guardianship or defense of Raven. However, I believe Karen will show up to Church regularly for now on and make sure she starts dressing more appropriately and she'll try to establish herself again. She'll probably try to get help financially from them perhaps for lodging, food & air fare for Raven's trial.

Many people are very kind hearted, I hope that they don't overlook the Lexus SUV, the jewelry and her fancy clothes and her vacations and they will remember it's about what is best for Kaiden and really think hard about if Karen is the type of person they would want raising their child.

Anyone heard when he will be transported back to Durham?
I suppose the US Marshall Service will handle it?
Looks like they move him to a federal hub, then schedule his plane ride to RDU.

Prisoner Transport (CONAIR)
The U.S. Marshals manage an airline devoted solely to transporting prisoners. The Justice Prisoner and Alien Transportation System (JPATS) facilitate prison-to-prison transfers, move convicts from holding centers to prisons and transport suspects when they are extradited for trial. JPATS own or lease a variety of aircraft, buses and vans to move prisoners - roughly 300,000 of them each year [Source: U.S. Marshals]. Not only must the prisoners be moved safely and securely, they must also keep to strict trial schedules.

The cost is $540 per takeoff and landing. The average prisoner requires 2 stops, so the US Marshal will bill Durham $1080.

us-marshal-7.jpg

I assume it will have to be soon. By law an agent of the State must appear to receive the prisoner within 30 days or the prisoner may be released.

Raven is due at the Durham County Jail Friday AM (today)
He will be arraigned Monday.

http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/7123709/

*He arrived at the Durham Police Department shortly after 1 p.m. and declined to comment as investigators led him inside.

--

I am hopeful WRAL & ABC will have footage of this online sometime today.

The bird went straight to his coop without cackling eh? Good thing because every time he opens his beak, lies come out. Can't wait to see the footage, thanks Term!

I wasn't there, so it couldn't have been me =)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back