judge horrified at finding a mouse in his beer

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Hollister — It'll be a long time before Judge Randy Anglen can enjoy a cold bottle of beer.

On a Tuesday in late May, Anglen — Hollister's municipal judge and a practicing attorney for 14 years in Taney County — came home from work, had dinner and grabbed a Miller Lite from the fridge. He slipped it into a cooler sleeve, twisted off the top and drank the beer over the next few minutes. He drained the last bit into the sink so he could put the bottle in his recycling bin.

When he set the dark brown bottle on the counter, he heard a "plop" as something dropped from the neck to the bottom of the bottle. He pulled the bottle out of its sleeve. When he peered into it, the first thing he saw was a long tail coiling around the inside of the bottle.

Then he saw the rest of the mouse.

A big, whole dead mouse.

"The first thing I did was scream in horror. Then I screamed in revulsion. Then I dropped to the ground, holding my head in my hands while I was still screaming.

"My wife ran in, holding our 1-year-old, and she started screaming and the baby was screaming because she didn't know what was wrong with me. It was five minutes before I could regain enough composure to say: 'Don't worry. I'm OK.'"

Anglen says retelling the story engenders nausea. "I was so revulsed. That moment just gels in your mind. I have no adjectives to describe how bad it was. I wanted to reach inside my body and pull my guts out and hose them off. I couldn't sleep for two nights, and then I got sick, which I attribute in part to lack of sleep."

. . .

The next morning, a Miller representative told him to pack the bottle in dry ice and mail it to them, so "they could determine if it was a mouse," Anglen said. "The first thing I said was, 'I'm an attorney, and that's the evidence."

http://www.news-leader.com/today/0704-Hollisterj-125683.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back