Identified! LA - St Tammy Parish, WhtMale 25-38, UP890, broken hip, Sz 11 Nike Air, thick glasses, Oct'93 - Joseph Lee Muniz

2sisters

Reaction score
Does anyone think this John Doe would be a match for this missing man?

108UMLA1.jpg
108UMLA.jpg

http://doenetwork.org/cases/108umla.html

ellis_clyde.jpg

http://charleyproject.org/cases/e/ellis_clyde.html Clyde Prentiss Ellis

The John Doe was found not very far from where Ellis was last seen. The disabilites on both men are not an exact match but seem similar although the Doe has no mention of a steel rod.

I think its a good match, esp. since the sketch shows what appears to be a broken looking nose, and the missing man had also had a broken nose.

I thought they looked similar in the face but the big thing is the steel rod but the John Doe wasn't a whole skeleton though. Should I contact them about it?

The missing medical hardware is pretty difficult to explain away, but It is still close enough to call it in.

Exactly, thats my main problem with it. I suppose it could have washed away, maybe was attached to something an animal drug off but those are big ifs.

Below are details regarding Mr. JOHNNY PEREZ who may be a match to UID 890. Opinions and information are welcome. TIA

#

Johnny Perez Male Multiple
(UID890 White / Caucasian)

Original

Original

Date of Last Contact. July 2, 1993. UID discovered October 29, 1993 (~4 mos.)
Missing From. San Antonio, Texas. St. Tammany Parish, LA
Missing Age. 23 Years

Demographics
Missing Age. 23 Years UID 25-38yo
Current Age. 49 Years
First Name. Johnny
Middle Name--
Last Name. Perez
Nickname/Alias--

Sex. Male. Match
Height. 5' 0" - 5' 10" (60 - 70 Inches) 5' 6"(66 inches) , Estimated
Weight. 150 - 190 lbs. Cannot estimate
Race/Ethnicity. White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino. White / Caucasian

Physical Description
Hair Color. Brown. No hair or eye color listed. UID composite shows
Eye Color. Brown. brown hair and dark eyes. May not be accurate.
Circumstances
Date of Last Contact July 2, 1993. Date Found. October 29, 1993 Est YOD 1993
Location. San Antonio, Texas. St. Tammany Parish, LA
County. Bexar County. Approx. 8 hrs.

Circumstances of Disappearance
MP attending a family barbecue.
Found in a swampy, wooded area in St. Tammany Parish, LA.

Circumstance Notes -
Bexar County Crime Stoppers 210-224-7867

Seven (7) NamUs exclusions of which
UID890 IS NOT a listing.
Six (6) MPs excluded. Johnny Perez has NOT been excluded as a match to UID890.

It's approximately 8 hours between San Antonio and St. Tammany Parish, LA. (link)

# My speculations /opinions /queries are below.

IMO Mr. Perez and UID890 have a strong possibility as a match! The only scenarios I can come up with is that Mr. Perez either met with foul play somewhere along his route to the family BBQ in San Antonio, TX (no info on where he's traveling from), he got lost along his route and somehow ended up in La., or he intentionally left Texas and headed to La. At that point any number of possibilities would explain how he ended up in a swamp including suicide, accident, and murder.

I wonder whether he knew anyone in La. or someplace where he'd have to travel through St. Tammany Parish as part of his journey? What was his state of mind at the time? Was he still in the military, assuming his uniform in the MP photo was issued by a branch of the military?

To family's or anyone else's knowledge is it possible he was involved in any kind of shady dealings or had assets or a substantial amount of cash that may have put him in danger of harm? UID's hands and limbs were not found. This could be due to decomp. and/or trauma of some sort. He was not recognizable and was partially skeletonized. He wore Wrangler jeans and Nike tennis shoes. Mr. Perez, at 23yo, most likely would have been comfy in Nike tennies and being from Texas, y'all it's not unreasonable to think he'd wear Wrangler jeans--these aren't gabardine pants. :p

TIA

The Johnny Perez who appears in WS search results is not this Johnny Perez. I did not find a WS thread for Johnny Perez. I will start one.

I will create a MP thread for Jose Manuel Gonzalez-Garcia who I think is a potential match to this UID.

#
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

JOSE MANUEL GONZALEZ-GARCIA, Male, Multiple

Date of Last Contact. March 24, 1993
Missing From. Orlando, Florida
Missing Age. 34 Years

Location Orlando, Florida 77064
County. Orange County

Circumstances of Disappearance

Jose came to Orlando from Houston, and was supposed to drive home via rental car, but he never returned.

Demographics

Missing Age 34 Years
Current Age. 60 Years
First Name. JOSE
Middle Name. MANUEL
Last Name. GONZALEZ-GARCIA
Nickname/Alias JOSE GONZALES GARCIA

Sex. Male
Height. 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 145 lbs
Race / Ethnicity. White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino

Physical Description

Hair Color. Brown
Eye Color Brown

Distinctive Physical Features - Scar/mark - Scar on right hand

No pictures or images.
Eight (8) comparisons. He has not been compared to UID890.

#

IMO JOSE MANUEL GONZALEZ-GARCIA missing from Orlando, Fl. is another good potential match for UID890.

Orlando, Fl. To St. Tammany Parish, La. Is approx. 8hrs. 45mins. Houston, Tx is another 6 or so hours. I-10 Eastward would be the most logical travel route from Florida panhandle (imo).

Google Maps

Jose drove from Houston, Tx. to Orlando, Fl. He was scheduled to return to Houston after renting a car in Orlando. He has never been heard from again. Any number of things could have happened along his route from Houston to and from Orlando. I won't speculate too much except to say he most likely would have passed through or near the area where UID890 was located. Also, he would have most likely needed to stop for fuel, especially if driving by rental CAR, or food, or rest, or sight seeing, etc.

Thoughts, opinions, suggestions? TIA

:) I've decided to submit both Jose and Johnny as potential matches to St. Tammany Parish Doe. Imo both deserve a test. Hopefully they'll have all the DNA, dentals, prints, etc. to compare. I'll report back if/when I receive any correspondence. I'll work on getting in touch with case contacts Monday (2/25/19).

Fingers crossed!

JOSE MANUEL GONZALEZ-GARCIA

&
Johnny Perez

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads