GUILTY SC - Tamika Huston, 24, Spartanburg, 21 May 2004

findcarrie

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.findcarrieculberson.com
Tamika Antonette Huston is missing. She disapeared on May 21, 2004 from Spartanburg SC. If someone has posted this thread already and I am duplicating this, please just delete this.

Tamika caught my eye because she was last seen in a black 1991 Honda CRX. While there is no relation to the cases, Carrie Culberson disappeared with her CRX in 1996. Please visit Tamika's website for more detailed information and her flier.

http://tamika.info/

Tamika is a 24 year african american female
She is 4'11 and has a tattoo of a tiger on her right thigh. She also has white blemishes on the neck area.

http://tamika.info/

Oh, wow...she is beautiful. Really praying hard she is found safe. :(

Kelly, sorry if I am being dumb, but what are the graphics that look like a different type of alphabet? Am I the only one who doesn't know what these mean?

Praying for her safe return.

I've said this before, but this one caught my eye because she is not that far from my location and the fact she was driving a CRX. One of my ladies was driving a CRX - ALTHOUGH there is NO relation to the cases. The alphabet looks like it's arabic or something. I dont know but it looks like it may be.

It's another language for relatives/friends from that culture. I think I read that she was part Ethiopian, but don't quote me on that. It's on that website, I believe.

Kelly

It seems her live-in boyfriend was arrested 3 days after she was missing on a charge of criminal domestic violence against her. She had reported to authorities, that he had kicked her, and punched her. He also had a restraining order taken out on him by another woman, in May. They have postponed his trial on the domestic violence charge, since the witness (Tamika) is missing. Doesn't sound good....

ShowerSinger:

I was not aware of the boyfriend and the domestic violence. ALthough I know there is absolutely no relation to this case of Tamika and Carrie Culberson's case, they have the same scenario. A young woman is missing, and her boyfriend had a past history of domestic violence against her. I hope that answers are found for her and if there is a relation to the exboyfriend being involved, I hope that the prosecutor's office will pursue him. I will continue to keep a watch on Tamika's case. I hope she is found soon.

Posted on July 28, 2004

Family pleads for help in finding daughter
By JANET S. SPENCER | Staff Writer

The mother of Tamika Huston, a missing 24-year-old woman, begged for help Tuesday in finding her.

"I have traveled here to ask for any information in Tamika's disappearance. I know deep down in my heart, somebody knows something. Please, please, just let us know where she is," Gabriella Simenehe said.

Simenehe, who lives in Springfield, Va., asked anyone who knows anything to speak out.

"We want her to know we love her. We miss her deeply. And we thank the police and the media for all they have done for us," Simenehe said.

Simenehe joined more than 40 family members who gathered at the Marriott at Renaissance Park in a public appeal for information. Tamika was reported missing by her family on June 14.

Spartanburg police Capt. Randy Hardy said her family said she was last seen the first week of June.

In giving an update on the investigation, Hardy described her disappearance as suspicious after her car was found abandoned on June 20.

"There is nothing new. No concrete evidence as to what happened," Hardy told the family and media.

That is frustrating the family, said

Tamika's grandfather, Daniel Huston. They don't know what happened and can't find answers, he said, and that is breaking their hearts.

He remembers the jar of cookies his granddaughter brought him in March.

"It was nothing out of the ordinary. Just something she would do," he said.

Tamika grew up in his home. Her photographs are placed prominently in his den.

"Lots of pictures. She was talking about going back to college. Wanted to finish her education -- be a nurse. I don't know what's happening with her. That's the hard part. We're just hoping and praying she has just gone somewhere. That she's all right," he said.

Hardy said Tamika's disappearance has investigators puzzled. "Specifically, she abandoned her home and her pets. Her car was found abandoned. And an uncashed payroll check was found in the residence," he said.

While investigators have no evidence of foul play, Hardy said they have not ruled out violence in connection with her disappearance.

Tamika's father, Anthony Huston, said he misses and loves his daughter.

"I want to know what happened to her," he said.

Anthony Huston said the family tries to stay busy. "We pray. We pass out fliers with Tamika's photo. We ask questions. We know nothing," he said.

He said the last time he spoke to his daughter, he had gone to her Harvard Street residence and cut her grass.

"There was no way we knew we would be here today, asking for help in finding her," Anthony Huston said.

He said he did not know a report had been filed by other family members about Tamika vanishing until he saw a television report.

Anthony Huston said it was not unusual that he would go several days without hearing from his daughter.

"But this is totally out of character. She went to DC in March by train. She called me several times -- even from the train," he said.

Describing his daughter as kind, loving and sweet, he said she was funny, always happy.

"I can't see why someone would do this to her. We can't believe it. But we can't rule out anything. She loved everybody," he said.

Several family members said they were surprised that Tamika's former boyfriend, Terence Moss, had been charged with criminal domestic violence in a March incident when she said he hit her in the stomach after an argument.

"She did not tell us he hit her. In March, I remember she was crazy about him," Anthony Huston said.

Hardy said that Moss had been questioned but was not a suspect in Tamika's disappearance. "He's a person of interest we have interviewed. He may become a suspect, but he is not now," Hardy said.

"I don't know what to think," Anthony Huston said. "It's sad, lonely without her. I feel empty. Like anybody would when you don't know where your children are," he said.

Hardy said all tips are being pursued, including new information received Monday night, but he would not elaborate.

"We're looking at everything," he said.

Family members are offering a $7,500 reward for information in the investigation that can be called in to 596-2035 or Crime Stoppers at 58-CRIME.

Letters from readers
The Greeenville News
Thursday, July 29, 2004
Media ignore missing Spartanburg woman
My 24-year-old, African-American niece, Tamika Huston, has been missing under suspicious circumstances from the Spartanburg area since early June. As a public relations executive by trade, I have spent the better part of the last six weeks trying to get the attention of national media to profile Tamika's disappearance.

While the local print and broadcast outlets have been very helpful (including The Greenville News), I have largely been ignored by national press. To date, only BET Nightly News has found Tamika's story worthy of coverage. Yet, in less than 12 hours after her disappearance, Lori Hacking had been featured on all the cable news networks, national nightly news broadcasts and newspapers, including USA Today.

This scenario has been played out before with Chandra Levy, Laci Peterson, Dru Sjodin, Audrey Seiler, Brooke Wilberger and more. While I have great empathy for all of these families and I understand their pain, worry and anguish all too well, I cannot help but wonder why their disappearances are any more relevant than Tamika's. After all, it may be the national attention that brings Lori Hacking home or in the worst-case scenario, the person who brought her harm to justice. We only want the same thing for Tamika. Is this too much to ask?
Rebkah Howard
Miami, Fla.

kELLY...........I wish those of us out on the West Coast could help more.
I pray for all of the children who are missing each day.

Thanks for the letter from her Aunt.

xxxxxxxxxoooooo
mama

You've brought up a real good question. Why does some people get more media coverage than others? We've had to fight continously to keep the media interested in Patrice's case. After the first week passes, it's like they've moved onto other things (and rightfully so in that area), however some cases such as Laci Paterson, Lori Hacking and Dru Sjodin were allover all the channels for two weeks minimum. Each and every person who turns up missing needs to be able to have the same things available to them. I cant answer why this happens to some and not for others, I can only say that I put forth my best effort each day to keep Patrice and Carrie in the faces of everyone and what has happened.
That's the purpose for this annoying banner you see flashing on beneath my posts ;-)

Family of Missing Woman Raises Reward to $10,000 for Information Leading to Her Whereabouts
Spartanburg Police Still Investigating the Suspicious Disappearance of Tamika Huston

Spartanburg, SC/August 6, 2004 - 24 year old Tamika Huston was last seen by family and friends on or around the last week of May or the first week of June in the Spartanburg, SC area. She was first reported to authorities as missing on June 14th. On June 20th, her 1991 black Honda CRX was found abandoned at Barksdale Apartments located at 350 Pierpont Avenue in Spartanburg. It had apparently been abandoned in that location for approximately the same amount of time Tamika had last been seen.

On July 6th, Tamika's family announced they were posting a reward payable to anyone who comes forward with information that leads to the actual location of Tamika. On July 23rd, the reward was raised to $7,500. Soon thereafter, on July 27th, the family held a press conference in Spartanburg to plead for anyone with information on Tamika's disappearance to come forward. Although the event was well attended by media and the community at-large, the family's plea has not led police to discover what happened to the young woman who has been missing for over two months from this city of just under 40,000.

Local media attention, word of mouth and emails circulating around the Internet have helped to spread the word regarding Tamika's disappearance - particularly in light of the fact that national media for the most part have declined to air the story. To date, BET Nightly News, the Internet site for the television program America's Most Wanted and the syndicated radio program The Russ Parr Morning Show have profiled the case.

To aid in police efforts to gather valid tips from the public, the family is once again raising the reward to $10,000 in the hopes that someone will finally come forward with valuable and credible information. "Our family prays that Tamika will be returned to us and this unbearable sadness and confusion will end. I know in my heart that someone knows something. Please come forward now and let us know where Tamika is," says Gabriella Simenehe, Tamika's mother.

The Spartanburg Public Safety Department is asking that anyone who may have information regarding Tamika's disappearance, please call (864) 596-2035 or CRIMESTOPPERS at (864) 58-CRIME. An additional reward of up to $2000 is also being offered by Spartanburg CrimeStoppers.

For more information and photos, please visit http://tamika.info or www.tamikahuston.com.

Kelly,

Thanks for posting this information. I think by this reward being higher that perhaps this will help someone to come forward. It's also good to see Tamika on the AMW website. She's linked on both Carrie and Patrice's site. I hope she is found soon.

Strange disappearance of Tamika Huston
Woman Missing from Spartanburg, SC Area
September 10 2004

24-year old Tamika Huston was last seen by family and friends on or around May 21, 2004 in the Spartanburg, SC area. The missing woman's former boyfriend alerted a family member living in Miami, FL on Monday, June 14th, that Tamika had not been seen in three to four weeks in this relatively small city of just under 40,000.

Back in June, investigators with the Spartanburg Public Safety Department led by Lieutenant Steve Lamb, entered the home of Tamika Huston and found that her dog, Macy, had been left alone for what appeared to have been weeks. During that time, the dog had given birth to puppies. Tamika was an avid dog lover and treated Macy as a mother would a child. She mated the dog intentionally and was eagerly anticipating the birth of the puppies.

Shortly afterwards family members traveled from various locations including Springfield, VA, Richmond, VA, Ellicott City, MD, Nashville, TN and Miami, FL and gathered with local Spartanburg family members in order to seek out information from the community regarding Tamika's disappearance. The family has been working very closely with the Criminal Investigation Unit of the Spartanburg Public Safety Department in the search for Tamika.

Family and friends gathered on to hold a moving prayer vigil in front of the young woman's home at 102 Harvard Drive.

On June 20th, police received a phone call from a resident at Barksdale Apartments in Spartanburg who reported that Tamika's 1991 black Honda CRX had been parked at the complex for a period of weeks. Apparently, the vehicle had been abandoned for approximately the same amount of time that Tamika had last been seen.

Police are asking that individuals who may have information regarding Tamika's disappearance, please call (864) 596-2035 or CRIMESTOPPERS at (864) 58-CRIME.

Click HERE:http://tamika.info/
for additional information on this case.

Press Release and Letters:

I have traveled here today to plead with the public to come forward with any information regarding my daughter's disappearance. I know deep in my heart that someone in this community knows something about what happened to our Tamika. I beg you to speak up and let us know where she is or what may have happened to her. I miss her beyond what my words can express. Her siblings miss her. Her cousins miss her. Her aunts and uncles miss her. Her grandparents miss her. This is by far the most difficult experience our family has faced. Please help bring Tamika home to us.

Thank you, Gabriella
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Media ignore missing Spartanburg woman

My 24-year-old, African-American niece, Tamika Huston, has been missing under suspicious circumstances from the Spartanburg area since early June. As a public relations executive by trade, I have spent the better part of the last six weeks trying to get the attention of national media to profile Tamika's disappearance. While the local print and broadcast outlets have been very helpful (including The Greenville News), I have largely been ignored by national press. To date, only BET Nightly News has found Tamika's story worthy of coverage. Yet, in less than 12 hours after her disappearance, Lori Hacking had been featured on all the cable news networks, national nightly news broadcasts and newspapers, including USA Today.

This scenario has been played out before with Chandra Levy, Laci Peterson, Dru Sjodin, Audrey Seiler, Brooke Wilberger and more. While I have great empathy for all of these families and I understand their pain, worry and anguish all too well, I cannot help but wonder why their disappearances are any more relevant than Tamika's. After all, it may be the national attention that brings Lori Hacking home or in the worst-case scenario, the person who brought her harm to justice. We only want the same thing for Tamika. Is this too much to ask?

Rebkah Howard
Miami, Fla.

http://www.kentuckylaketimes.com/lo...**/09100403.php

Tamika Huston Included in Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person's Program
Nebraska-based Non-Profit Organization Helps to Raise Awareness of Missing Persons Throughout the United States

September 16, 2004/Spartanburg, SC - Over a thousand miles away, a teenage girl wears a photo button on her backpack. The photo is of a missing young woman whom she never even met. She does not know the family either, but she does know that she wants to help them, and wearing the button does this. People ask her who the woman is and why she displays her photo. She gladly tells them.

Tamika Huston, 24, of Spartanburg, SC, is now part of a nationwide missing person's location program called Adopt a Missing Person. Her photo is the one that adorns the button of the teenage girl, who chose to adopt Tamika from among several other missing persons.

Project Jason, a nonprofit organization that assists families of the missing, began this unique awareness program this summer. Families of missing persons send photo buttons and an information card to the Nebraska-based organization. The public can visit www.projectjason.org and chose a person to adopt. They are sent the button, free of charge, and a copy of the information sheet. The adopter pledges to wear the button and tell others about their adopted missing person as often as possible. The information sheet provides them with a biography and some personal information so that they feel they know that individual as a person, rather than as a case number or an unfortunate statistic.

Wearing the button and sharing the story of Tamika helps bring exposure for her case. The more often her face is seen, the greater the odds increase for location, and the reunion that her family dreams of. Often, in missing persons cases, once law enforcement has sifted through the available clues, and there are none forthcoming, the family is only left with trying to spread awareness and hope. The Adopt a Missing Person program helps to bring about awareness for their missing love one, plus gives them that much needed boost of hope that helps them go on another day.

About the Case

Tamika Huston has been missing since on or around June 2nd from the Spartanburg, SC area. She has a large and extensive network of family and friends all along the Eastern seaboard but no one has heard from her. Tamika is an avid animal lover and her beloved dog Macy was left alone in the home Tamika owned to give birth to a litter of pups. Tamika's car, a 1991 black Honda CRX, was recovered in Spartanburg on June 20th. It had apparently been abandoned for approximately the same amount of time Tamika had been missing. Her family has posted a $10,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts. They are anxiously waiting for her to come home.

For additional information about Project Jason and the Adopt a Missing Person Program, please contact Kelly Jolkowski at kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org.

Adopt a Missing Person webpage: http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

For additional information regarding Tamika's case, please contact Rebkah Howard at rebkah@gordonreyes.com or call 305-381-8831.

Tamika's website can be found at http://www.tamikahuston.com/

Some really good questions have been brought up about why this young woman has not had adequate media coverage. I think it's the pretty, well off white women and children who get the coverage. The males, and ethnic women do not get coverage because the media don't think they will get ratings. How do we stop this? On one hand I am angry, and on the other hand if America was shown all missing persons at every news hour we would be shocked. I don't think people realize just how many people are missing. What about a magazine with missing people? Do you think it would sell? Nothing but missing people, sponsered by big name products. How about devoting a Sunday section of the local newspapers with local missing people? What about missing person's catalogs in doctors offices, airport terminals, on airplanes themselves, at bus depots? Aren't there things we can do?
I think all of you who are devoting yourselves to help families of missing people are so special. Some of you are going through this yourselves and I can't imagine how hard it is for you, and yet here you are. I am in awe...

http://greenvilleonline.com/news/2004/09/20/2004092039656.htm

Group spreads word about missing Spartanburg woman
Posted Monday, September 20, 2004 - 7:45 pm

By Nan Lundeen
STAFF WRITER
nlundeen@greenvillenews.com

SPARTANBURG – Spartanburg Public Safety officials said they have exhausted all leads in searching for resident Tamika Huston, but her family has a new source of hope.
Project Jason — Adopt a Missing Person Program – is spreading the word about the 24-year-old Huston who hasn't been seen by family members since the end of May.

Kelly Jolkowski, president and founder of the Omaha, Neb.-based Project Jason, said, "If it gives the family a sense of hope, which they deserve to have, then that is very important to us."

The nonprofit organization is named after Jolkowski's son who disappeared three years ago at age 19.

By contacting the Web site, www.projectjason.org, people can order buttons that they can wear showing a picture of the missing person, his or her Web site and a police phone number to call to report information that could be helpful.

"It is important for people to keep looking and to keep their eyes out," Jolkowski said.

Huston's family is offering a $10,000 reward for information on Huston's whereabouts.

Spartanburg Public Safety Capt. Randy C. Hardy characterized Huston's disappearance as suspicious.

Officers found uncashed paychecks and her much-loved dog at her Harvard Street home June 16. Residents of Spartanburg's Barksdale apartments found her car June 20.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Spartanburg Department of Public Safety at 864-596-2035 or CrimeStoppers in Spartanburg at 864-58-CRIME.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back