GUILTY CA - Andru Bixby, 4 mos, beaten to death, Miramar, 17 Feb 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
SAN DIEGO -- The death of the infant son of a San Diego County Marine has been ruled a homicide.

The Medical Examiner's Office said Sunday the 4-month-old boy died as a result of blunt force head trauma. The infant has been identified as Andru Bixby of Miramar.

His 22-year-old father, a Marine at the Miramar Marine Corps Air Station, was caring for the infant Wednesday when police received a 911 call that the boy had stopped breathing. Paramedics transported the child to a hospital, where he died Thursday morning.

San Diego Police detectives were called to the hospital because of the suspicious nature of the injuries.

The father, who has not been named, was questioned and released pending further investigation.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/state&id=7290056

==================
<snip>

The 22-year-old Marine was taking care of his one-year-old son and his infant son, Andru Bixby, inside his home at the military housing unit at MCAS Miramar on Wednesday.

“They were watching TV,” Lt. Ernie Herbert said. “The father looked at the infant and discovered it wasn't breathing.”

The father dialed 911, started CPR and asked neighbors for help, police said. But when medics took the baby to Rady Children's Hospital, something seemed unusual.

“The baby had some injuries that were just not explained,” Lt. Herbert said.

The newborn was put on life support. He died Thursday.

The infant’s mother wasn't home at the time.

“The mom takes care of the baby during the day and when dad came home from work, she went to school,” Lt. Herbert said.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/Marine-Babys-Death-Ruled-a-Homicide--84912192.html

RIP, baby Andru :rose:

Prayers for those who loved you and for LE to bring justice to your killer.

Oh, Texas Mist--That follows the reports I posted yesterday from the Children's Bureau to a "T".

Rest little Andru. When you wake up, you'll have wings.

Another baby. What in the he** is going on??

I couldn't find a picture for this little one.

Rest in peace, Andru Bixby. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

:blowkiss:

I hear you BeanE. We have had so many tiny ones in the last few weeks it boggles the mind and really puts the squeeze on the heart.

Bless you Andru,

Salem

this will end with the mom and dad pointing the fingers at each other.

I hear you BeanE. We have had so many tiny ones in the last few weeks it boggles the mind and really puts the squeeze on the heart.

Bless you Andru,

Salem

What is going on, Salem? It's one after another after another baby. It's so scary and so awful. And this is a definite increase.

sadly there's no exam you have to pass to be a 'parent' :(

This is just getting to be to much. Every time we turn around there is another dead baby. A lot of men don't have any patience with babies when they cry. I wonder if that is what happened to this baby. I hope it doesn't take LE long to figure out what happened and who did it. Someone needs to go away for a long time.

I just hope the doctors are very careful before they make these determinations; I am sure they are very attuned to looking for head injuries in every baby they see and there have been some cases of doctors being a little too overzealous...or maybe i am just hoping, wishful thinking, tht this baby was not intentionally harmed...

Why are they not releasing the father's name? :furious:

It's not too hard to find. I'm not sure hwy they wouldn't release his name? Perhaps something to do with the military?

A quick search of Myspace brings up both the mother and the father. It appears they were no longer married. Well, at least mom notes she was divorced. However, they had just gotten married in 2008 I think it said.

There are two babies in the family. Dad had only a photograph with him and the poor little one with the captions "Me and my youngest". Mom's warned anyone trying to date her better not think they are coming before her main priority. Her kids.

So da*n sad. Young people with their entire lives ahead of them to enjoy their children. Babies who never get to make it to a 1st birthday.

Marine Arrested In Connection With Infant Son's Death
Miramar-Based Marine Michael Bixby Accused Of Killing 4-Month-Old Child

POSTED: 2:22 pm PST February 23, 2010
UPDATED: 2:29 pm PST February 23, 2010

SAN DIEGO -- A Miramar-based Marine was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of murder in the death of his infant child.

Michael Bixby, 22, was arrested shortly after noon at San Diego police headquarters, where he went for follow-up questioning about the death of his 4-month-old son, Andru, SDPD homicide Lt. Ernie Herbert said.

http://www.10news.com/news/22649323/detail.html

I hope they set his bail so high he doesn't get out. :mad:

Miramar Marine accused of shaking baby to death
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 7:45 PM CST Updated: Feb 25, 2010 7:45 PM CST

SAN DIEGO, Calif. (CBS 8) - A Miramar-based Marine is denying charges he killed his baby.

Michael Bixby was taking care of his two sons last week while his wife was at school. He was playing video games and reportedly got upset when his four-month-old started crying. :furious:

Prosecutors claim he grabbed his baby by the wrist and shook him so hard his head snapped forward. The baby died at Children's Hospital.

Child Protective Services is taking care of Bixby's toddler son.

http://www.cbs8.com/global/story.asp?s=12047388

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back