GUILTY TX - Scott Hartman for child sexual abuse, Bexar County, 2009

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A local scout leader is accused of sexually assaulting two children. Deputies say Scott Hartman, who served as a Boy Scout and a Cub Scout leader for Troop 668, had improper sexual contact with a 4-year-old girl and a ten-year-old boy. The ten year old first told a school counselor at Freedom Elementary on the city's south side about the alleged abuse.

She went to authorities. Investigators say the boy's mother called the allegations lies and slapped him as a result. She was arrested in January for injury to a child. Hartman was removed from the scouting program Tuesday and leaders are taking steps to inform kid's parents about the situation.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_1337.shtml

Be sure to watch the news video.

I have to admit I have this fantasy of grabbing this boy's mom & shaking her until her teeth rattled for treating her little boy that way....so sad AND mad when parents do that to their kids!!

another mom of the year canidate.

grrrrrrrrrrrr

She didn't just slap him she left bruises. What is wrong with her? I hope he is never in her custody again. All children deserve to be believed. I have dealt with the situation in my life and lost a 10+ year friendship because I believed my child. I have heard of a situation where a child did lie, or at least the court aquitted a man who was accused of sexually abusing a teen ager. In this case the girl had emotional problems and was resentful of her mom's new boyfriend. He was in jail for nearly a year until the trial and then released. Even then I was appaled that the mother didn't defend her child and choose to stick by her boyfriend. I would always take my childs side and err on the side of caution. I would rather be wrong and believe the child then be wrong and not believe the child.

A local scout leader is accused of sexually assaulting two children. Deputies say Scott Hartman, who served as a Boy Scout and a Cub Scout leader for Troop 668, had improper sexual contact with a 4-year-old girl and a ten-year-old boy. The ten year old first told a school counselor at Freedom Elementary on the city's south side about the alleged abuse.

She went to authorities. Investigators say the boy's mother called the allegations lies and slapped him as a result. She was arrested in January for injury to a child. Hartman was removed from the scouting program Tuesday and leaders are taking steps to inform kid's parents about the situation.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_1337.shtml

Be sure to watch the news video.

I have to admit I have this fantasy of grabbing this boy's mom & shaking her until her teeth rattled for treating her little boy that way....so sad AND mad when parents do that to their kids!!

:eek: Oh no she didn't !!?!!? Oh how horrible for this boy, not only is he humilated and abused from sicko, his mother did this to him ! I hope she is not allowed around him again what a .. :furious:

and people wonder why abuse victims wont come foward.

Wait a darned minute. Which suspect is in jail--the mom or the abuser or both? This news story is not only extremely upsetting but also confusing. Texas Mist, can you clarify it further?

Wait a darned minute. Which suspect is in jail--the mom or the abuser or both? This news story is not only extremely upsetting but also confusing. Texas Mist, can you clarify it further?

im thinking they both are

poor boy :( cant believe mum didnt believe her own flesh and blood! hope they keep mum in jail!

I'm not so sure. All it says is that he was removed from the scouting program on Tuesday (today?). I listened to the video and I don't hear a single thing about him being in jail currently. They end by saying that the suspect is in jail for two counts of aggravated assault on a child. Wouldn't that be sexual abuse if they are referring to the man? There is a comment earlier about an arrest warrant. The disclosure was made in November. I wonder if he was arrested and bailed?

"She was arrested in January for injury to a child. Hartman was removed from the scouting program Tuesday and leaders are taking steps to inform kid's parents about the situation."

Vinelink shows Scott Hartman (Dob 1976) as being in Bexar County Jail. Thank goodness. So where's mom and where are the kids?

I see now why Texas Mist wanted us to watch the video. You can clearly see the word "Daddy" in the documents. Here's the mom:

Offender ID: 0260915
Offender Name: SHANNA HARTMAN
Date of Birth: 07/14/1980
Custody Status: Out of Custody
Reason: Bonded out
Date: 12/11/2009
Race: White

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/85036982.html

"After their mother's arrest, the boy and his three siblings were all placed in CPS custody and were moved into a foster home. It was there, under the care of foster parents who have also been trained as counselors, that a second child alleged Hartman sexually assaulted her, too, according to authorities."

Thank you, foster parents. Taking those disclosures is so so hard. I know.

I'm not so sure. All it says is that he was removed from the scouting program on Tuesday (today?). I listened to the video and I don't hear a single thing about him being in jail currently. They end by saying that the suspect is in jail for two counts of aggravated assault on a child. Wouldn't that be sexual abuse if they are referring to the man? There is a comment earlier about an arrest warrant. The disclosure was made in November. I wonder if he was arrested and bailed?

"She was arrested in January for injury to a child. Hartman was removed from the scouting program Tuesday and leaders are taking steps to inform kid's parents about the situation."

They have probable cause to arrest her if there are physical marks and a witness. They are probably still in the investigative phase with him to see if they can build a prosecutable case.

My heart aches for this little boy....the pain of being disbelieved or blamed for 'ruining lives' along w/ physical abuse is as painful or more painful than the sexual abuse....it makes one's whole body ache it hurts so bad to be betrayed this way.

Prayers that the court removes these kids from those who were supposed to protect them-- and finds them a truly loving family who will support them forever....they are sooooo gonna need it.

My heart aches for this little boy....the pain of being disbelieved or blamed for 'ruining lives' along w/ physical abuse is as painful or more painful than the sexual abuse....it makes one's whole body ache it hurts so bad to be betrayed this way.

Prayers that the court removes these kids from those who were supposed to protect them-- and finds them a truly loving family who will support them forever....they are sooooo gonna need it.

i know. as if the abuse isnt bad enough, add betrayal by your own mother to it.

My son is 10 years old. A 10 year old boy would never make something like this up. I would be bawling if my child had to endure something like that. I'm really afraid I would kill somebody if they touched my children.

She slapped him because she knew.

Yup & imo her saying the ' "lies" were ruining HER life' speaks volumes to me as WHAT ABOUT HER CHILDRENS LIVES?!?! This woman is beyond in denial-shes a selfish witch !
I think she saw signs & ignored them/was in denial.She so desperately wanted "someone"(anyone) in her life thatd shed do anything .Look at the waste of space who starved her child because she didnt want to argue with her 'fiancee' over feeding her! Theres this sad,sick lonely type of woman who gets no gratification or satisfaction out of her own life or even her children.The only thing that fills the "hole" inside her is a "man"-any man who will have her-and she will do anything to keep him-even sacrifice her babies!!!!
I think having to face WHAT she married means shed have to face WHAT she is & she cant deal with that.........she like the other Momsters we see will be paddling down that old Egyptian River for a lonnnggg time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back