TX TX - Michael Adams, 18, Abilene, 8 June 1987

Indianagirl

Reaction score
In the late 80's or very early 90's, a young man (maybe 18-19 years old), gets off work late evening (I want to say he maybe worked at a supermarket) and arrives home. I can't remember if he came in the house or not. The father looks out the window and sees his son standing outside talking to someone in a car in front of the house/driveway. That's the last time the father sees him. The next morning they realize the son is missing.

I'm trying to figure out this young man's name to see if the case was ever solved. I remember the father being interviewed on the program and it just broke my heart.

TIA for any help!

Sitcomsonline.com has television message boards and one is unsolved mysteries. There are A LOT of frequent and active UM fans who will probably know in a short time.

It's an interesting board.

Thanks for your reply! I have checked there, as well as the unsolved.com website and can't find anything in regards to this case. I couldn't find anything through google either! Hopefully someone in the cold case forum will remember! Thanks again!

I found it!!! Someone over at sitcomsonline.com knew what case I was talking about when I started a thread about it! The episode I saw wasn't on Unsolved Mysteries but the show "Missing: Reward." The family was unable to get the case on "Unsolved Mysteries." I was mistaken about his Father seeing him through the window, it was his sister.

The person is: Michael Jefferson Adams. He disappeared from Abilene, Texas on June 8, 1987.

For those interested,
Here is a link to the episode: http://www.findmikeadams.com/story.html

Here is a link to his page on Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/adams_michael.html

Thanks again for all the help!

24 years on, disappearance still a mystery

By Brian Bethel
Posted January 29, 2011 at 9:11 p.m.

On June 8, 1987, Michael Jefferson Adams vanished from Abilene.

To this day, his father, Howard Adams, doesn't know what happened to his son, 18 at the time of his disappearance.

"In the beginning, you go into a kind of a panic," he recalled. "You don't know what happened. But you know your son didn't just take off. You know that's not something he would just do."

more here

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/29/searching-for-answers-to-adams-abduction/

Missing Person Cold Case: Michael Adams

Twenty-four years ago the disappearance of Michael Adams hit close to home for a lot of folks in the Abilene area.

The night of June 8, 1987 is the last time anyone saw Michael. The 18 year-old Cooper High School graduate was working at "M System" grocery store before heading to Texas Tech in the fall.

More: http://www.ktxs.com/news/26985390/detail.html

The site for Michael Adams, presumably run by his family, is now down and has different content on it. I wonder what that means?

Any update here?

The site his fam had is no longer active.

Michael Jefferson Adams

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/1852/

Status Missing
First name Michael
Middle name Jefferson
Last name Adams
Nickname/Alias Mike
Date last seen June 08, 1987 23:00
Date entered 04/13/2009
Age last seen 18 to 18 years old
Age now 46 years old
Race White
Ethnicity Other
Sex Male
Height (inches) 72.0 to 74.0
Weight (pounds) 145.0 to 155.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA Status: Sample available - Not yet submitted
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Poor guy :( such a weird case too. How does someone just disappear like that? I wonder how accurate the sisters description of the car was and I wonder what happened to his supermarket co worker who had a car that matched the description of the one parked outside his house before he dissapeared ....

Link to Youtube
Missing: Reward Michael Adams. The second link is a short update from 2009 about new Clues, Michael father also shares his opinion regarding to the new clues , an update which Sadly not led to finding Michael.

My prayers for Michael and his family . 29 years without a closure :(

[video=youtube;IwRgQ_oaFno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRgQ_oaFno[/video]

I just read that on 2009 the police was sure that Alardin and Rodriguez families have very important information about Michael Disappearance , the police arrived several times to those families houses searching for answer , the families complained about that and the police said that the complaint will not prevent from them to continue their investigation.

Does anyone know details about these families? Perhaps members of these families were gang members at the time?

I just read that on 2009 the police was sure that Alardin and Rodriguez families have very important information about Michael Disappearance , the police arrived several times to those families houses searching for answer , the families complained about that and the police said that the complaint will not prevent from them to continue their investigation.

Does anyone know details about these families? Perhaps members of these families were gang members at the time?

The video released 4 years after Michael went missing stated that his coworker, Alardin, was not suspected of any wrong doing.

The video released 4 years after Michael went missing stated that his coworker, Alardin, was not suspected of any wrong doing.

Thank you for the correction Alleykins .
The Alardin ruled out as a suspect but considering Chito Alardin was a good friend of Michael
I think the police thinks that he maybe knows about The reasons that led to Michael's disappearance.
Maybe the Rodriguez family still considered as suspect but never mentioned as such officially
due to lack of evidence.

This is very sad and hunting case .

This is the quote from my previous post:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t8770.htm

This list was last updated on September 21, 2009.

* Recently, some members of the Alardin and Rodriguez families contacted the Abilene Police Department to complain that our search for answers that we believe they have about Michael's disappearance amounted to harassment. We have simply informed them that we have reason to believe they have important information regarding Michael, and this is based on numerous tips that have come in about his disappearance. If so, we hoped they would do the right thing and come forward. If, however, they were hoping these complaints would act as deterrents to prevent us from continuing the search for Michael, let us be clear; it has not, and will not, work. If you have information, it's important that you come forward now. (Added 9/21/09)

Thank you for the correction Alleykins .
The Alardin ruled out as a suspect but considering Chito Alardin was a good friend of Michael
I think the police thinks that he maybe knows about The reasons that led to Michael's disappearance.
Maybe the Rodriguez family still considered as suspect but never mentioned as such officially
due to lack of evidence.

This is very sad and hunting case .

This is the quote from my previous post:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t8770.htm

This list was last updated on September 21, 2009.

* Recently, some members of the Alardin and Rodriguez families contacted the Abilene Police Department to complain that our search for answers that we believe they have about Michael's disappearance amounted to harassment. We have simply informed them that we have reason to believe they have important information regarding Michael, and this is based on numerous tips that have come in about his disappearance. If so, we hoped they would do the right thing and come forward. If, however, they were hoping these complaints would act as deterrents to prevent us from continuing the search for Michael, let us be clear; it has not, and will not, work. If you have information, it's important that you come forward now. (Added 9/21/09)

Maybe something changed between the airing of that segment and 2009? It sounds like they were acting on tips and might explain why they are contacting those two families.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back