Raven's attorney

guera

Reaction score
Per the WRAL news article and video, it appears that Raven has had Amos Tyndall appointed to be his attorney.

I assume this is the Amos Tyndall that they are referring to:
http://www.amostyndall.com/

It appears that he specializes in criminal defense at both the trial the appellate levels. I wonder if we can dig up some other cases that Mr. Tyndall has been involved in to see what kind of work he has done.

Link to the news report:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7148377/

Link to the video:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/7147243/

So, tell me if I got this right, did I miss something?

Raven had not been in front of a Judge in North Carolina yet behind the scenes got a high-profile criminal attorney, who does appellate work appointed to him, because he's indigent before he arrived in Durham?

Not sure how "high profile" Amos Tyndall is.
Looks like at least 1/3 of his practice involves speeding tickets and DWI's.

North Carolina Legal Elite & North Carolina Super Lawyers (Criminal Defense, 2010

It seems it's mostly appellate work however he did work with the late J. Kirk Osborn and believe his prior law firm was Osborn & Tyndall, hence the high profile attorney.

Obviously Raven's got some connections somewhere with attorneys.

N.C. v. Karen Everett, 361 NC 217 (2007);
N.C. v. Kevin Phillips, 172 NC App 143 (2005);
N.C. v. Karen Everett, 163 N.C. App 95 (2004);
N.C. v. Kevin Phillips, 162 N.C. App 719 (2004);
N.C. v. Jerry Lynn Stuart, 359 NC 279 (2004);
N.C. v. Fitzgerald Locklear, 590 S.E.2d 333 (2004);
N.C. v. Ronald Rogers, 161 N.C. App 345 (2003).

He is about as smooth as coco butter on a baby's bottom.

Looks like his public defender in Idaho contacted the Capital Defender office 2 weeks ago. They called Tyndall and he agreed to take the case for the state rate of $85/hr.

1- needs the work?
2- wants the publicity?

1- needs the work?
2- wants the publicity?

Ya think? Maybe a Jose Baez type that sees a little media coverage and wants to get some face time. I think that alot of these lawyers see money making opportunities with book deals and all. I have never heard of this guy and look forward to reading about his cases that he has represented in the past. This is a great thread to look into this guy and I am looking forward to the sleuthing.

So, tell me if I got this right, did I miss something?

Raven had not been in front of a Judge in North Carolina yet behind the scenes got a high-profile criminal attorney, who does appellate work appointed to him, because he's indigent before he arrived in Durham?

The attorney in court today does not look like the same guy in the link that guera posted. The guy today was bald. I didn't have alot of time to check around today so what's up with who was in court today? Was that someone from the lawfirm or Tyndall?
By the way, the court room looked real empty except for the Christiansen family.

That's definitely Amos Tyndall with the hair gone. He looks smooth, he will definitely be likable in court.

I suppose if this guy was actually appointed and legitimately the next guy up, then so be it. At this point it doesn't really matter the discrepancies on how he became Raven's attorney.

Raven seems to always have something or someone there to bail him out throughout his own life, he can lie, steal, cheat and get a slap on the hand and perhaps that is what will happen with Janet's murder too.

Raven has an attorney, this attorney will do everything in his power to get his client off, it's his job, he has gotten hugely reduced sentences for murderers in the past and even an acquittal for a woman who shot her abusive husband.

If Raven is found guilty in a court of law, Karyn can say all she wants that Raven was not fairly represented because it was just some stupid public defender, because folks, that's what she will probably end up doing, however, you and I will know that Amos Tyndall gave his client the best representation.

Karyn's blamed the internet, Janet's sisters, and probably blamed even Janet for her murder for poor Raven, if he loses she will have another scapegoat, because Karyn will always blame anyone and everything for her problems instead of taking culpability for the way things turn out.

Raven also has skated out on problems his whole life. He's lived off women and intimidation for the past 5 years and that parts over. He's had hand-outs and help outs from the government, the church, yet has gone on several vacations, stolen again and lied so much since Janet's murder. This is the same guy that will cleat a man in the back while the guys down and look at his in-laws with a grin and say "That's retribution."

This part is over, we know right now he can't hurt another woman. I don't know if Raven will ever grow a conscience though. He still has the ability to do the right thing and tell the truth though. He should have actually felt it in court when Janet's family voted against the Death Penalty in this case and asked the Prosecutor to not do it and they didn't want anyone to take away Kaiden's father's life.

I fully believe if the tables were turned that Raven's mother would have insisted on Capital Punishment, but that's basically what Raven did to Janet. He took away her free will to have another baby and give Kaiden a baby brother or sister, her free will to finally leave Raven, free will to live her life without fear of "retribution" or fear of anything from Raven.

I am sure Amos Tyndall is a good attorney but Janet has truth and Justice on her side.

Well Amos Tyndall, just remember while representing your client, Janet is not just the victim, not just the deceased, she didn't just die, she did not commit suicide and she had a name. Her name was Janet Marie Christiansen Abaroa. She was a Mommy to Kaiden and had lots of family & friends that loved her.

In your vigorous representation of Raven, DO NOT forget Janet's face or her name!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back