New Porsche Concept Car: 500HP, 198MPH....and 78MPG!!!!!!

Dark Knight

Reaction score
Who said green cars can’t be mean? Not Porsche. On the eve of the Geneva Auto Show, the Stuttgart-based company took the wraps off the 918 Spyder Concept, a 2-seat mid-engine supercar with hybrid and electric drive technology.

Just how fast is this thing? Well, Porsche says the 918 Spyder Concept hits 100 km/h (62 mph) in less than 3.2 seconds, and it blasts to a top speed of 198 mph. Not only that, it laps the Nürburgring in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds, which means it’s even faster than the hallowed Carrera GT.

Just how green is it? Porsche says that, when driven accordingly, the plug-in hybrid 918 Spyder Concept gets an outstanding 78 mpg, with an emissions level of just 70 grams of C02 per kilometer.

Photos at link:

http://autos.yahoo.com/auto-shows/geneva_auto_show_2010/1320/Porsche-918-Spyder-Concept

The really important question is... How many cupholders does it have?

I predict Mr noZ will buy one..... ok with me iif I get to choose the color.

I'm just in awe that they could create a 500hp car that gets 78mpg! That's more than most current hybrids! Yet it's freaking FAST, lol!

oooooooooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I predict Mr noZ will buy one..... ok with me iif I get to choose the color.

And what color would you choose? I think black or red would look good, although the silver looked nice.

And what color would you choose? I think black or red would look good, although the silver looked nice.

I liked the silver but would choose a custom red, between true red & pomegranite. Or aubergine. Or real dark hunter green..... color shoudn't matter to me, it's not like I would get a key. He knows i would let the dogs ride & spill iced tea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back