GUILTY CA - Heather Carpenter, 22, Redding, 4 Aug 2003

Very sad. This happens with way too much frequency. I think the 17 year old needs to be checked out more closely. Did he see her to her door?? Did he see her go into her house and shut the door?? Someone could have been lying in wait for her at her home. Poor family. Let's pray for a quick resolution, hopefully, they will find her safe and sound.

Search for woman expands

Family anxiously waits; Redding police hope for break in case

August 12, 2003 — 12:52 p.m.
Missing person bulletins are being posted nationwide for 22-year-old Heather Marie Carpenter, who has been missing from Redding since Aug. 4.

Monday, the Redding Police Department enlisted the help of the Phoenix-based Center for Missing Adults.

Here

Ok, I found her on the Nation's Missing Children and Adults website in the Center for Missing Adults section:

http://www.missingadults.org/gallery/index.htm

It won't let me put a link directly to her page. Anyway, click on "Adult" on the tabs there. People are listed alpabetically. Click on letter C and it will bring up all the missing adults with the letter C for their last name. Heather is in the third row down.

Heather Marie Carpenter

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Date of Birth: March 10, 1981
Date Missing: August 4, 2003
From City/State: Redding, CA
Age at Time of Disapperance: 22
Race: White
Height: 64 inches
Weight: 125 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Light
Identifying Characteristics: Pierced navel (silver bar with jewel), moles on back, small scar from mole removal near eye.
Clothing: Pink shirt, blue capri pants, black sandals.
Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Heather had been driven home from a party and dropped off at her apartment at approximately 6:30-7:00am. It is believed that Heather was locked out of her apartment and was last seen walking toward the maintenance man's apartment, however, he has indicated that she never arrived.
Investigative Agency: City of Redding Police Dept.
Phone: (530) 225-4214

Here's a link to Heather's website.

http://www.heathercarpenter.com/info.html

The info page says that Heather had left her car and keys at the party she attended that night. A 17 year old boy says he dropped her off at her apartment complex. The police believe the keys to her apartment were on the key ring left at the party, so how could she have entered her apartment?

There is also a picture of a truck. Police are asking anyone who might have seen this truck in the area of her apartment after 7 am on the day she disappeared to call them. I wonder if this is the truck driven by the 17 year old, who said he dropped her off at 6:30 am.

I wish the media would keep her name on people's minds. Maybe the perp would slip up and say something to someone, or maybe someone who saw something but was afraid to come forward before, will feel guilty and come forward now.

Her family needs to know what happened. I started to say that her family needs closure but I don't know what that is or how that happens in a case like this.

JMO.

Originally posted by IdahoMom
Very sad. This happens with way too much frequency. I think the 17 year old needs to be checked out more closely. Did he see her to her door?? Did he see her go into her house and shut the door?? Someone could have been lying in wait for her at her home. Poor family. Let's pray for a quick resolution, hopefully, they will find her safe and sound.

How drunk was she?

If he was so concerned about her why didn't he make sure she got inside her house?
Obviously she forgot about her keys......

I think he could've came up with the story about the ride home to explain why she was in his vehicle.

Again something is missing besides "Heather"

Originally posted by johnny
How drunk was she?
If he was so concerned about her why didn't he make sure she got inside her house?
Obviously she forgot about her keys......
I think he could've came up with the story about the ride home to explain why she was in his vehicle.
Again something is missing besides "Heather"

And how did she get into her apartment if her keys were left at the party house? This 17 year old, being the last one apparently to have seen her, needs closer scrutinity.
Misty

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back