Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Thanks to JBean

Threadiquette

All of our Mods are listed at the bottom of the page, we are all happy to help you out with any questions you many have.

Does anyone know who the MOD is for this thread? I started a new thread not knowing this one existed and I would like a MOD to merge or delete the one I started.

Does anyone know who the MOD is for this thread? I started a new thread not knowing this one existed and I would like a MOD to merge or delete the one I started.
If you go to the main page for Missing persons information and support, at the bottom right of the page the mods are listed.

Thanks Salem! Does anything need to be merged, or just leave as is?

Two threads are ok. We often have one thread for family info and support and another thread for case discussion.

hth!

Hi there! New to WS and loving every minute I can spend on this forum! So much good is done here. I have a question about the icons to the left of the posts...the lightbulb, the exclamation point, the arrow. What does the lightbulb indicate? Is there a legend somewhere on here? I looked, but didn't see anything.

Hi Stephani! Welcome to Websleuths!

The icons are just there to draw attention to a certain thread. When a poster starts a new thread, they have the option to attach an icon to it. Actually, you can attach an icon to any post, too, I believe. There isn't a designated use for any particular icon. But if you hold your mouse over one, something should pop up to tell you what it is called. Hope that helps!

~Idaho

How do we get a missing person posted. Does a mod have to do it.

Thanks,
Betterbe

How do we get a missing person posted. Does a mod have to do it.

Thanks,
Betterbe

Hello Betterbe.

Anyone can begin a missing persons thread. As long as there is an official missing report or MSM article to post. A mod can also assist with requests to post a missing person thread if you are having troubles.

What's the difference between this forum and the Missing Forum Discussion? Are we allowed to post on existing threads here like we do in the Discussion threads?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back