MS MS - Bay St Louis, WhtFem 37-42, UP2841, no teeth, 'black lung', emphysema, chron bronchitis, May'98

Lady Stardust

Reaction score
Case File 178UFMS

Unidentified White female

* Located on May 8, 1998 in Hancock County, Mississippi.
* Manner of death was a pedestrian vs. automobile accident. Cause of death was multiple injuries of blunt impact. Death occurred minutes after being hit.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 37 - 42 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3½" (161 cm.); 130-135 lbs. (59-61 kg.)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: 16-18 inch-long, curly reddish-brown hair with a touch of gray at the temples and front. Her natural hair color was brown, but had been dyed a slightly lighter color. She had uniquely-colored gray eyes. The victim had a vaccination scar on her left arm and an old hysterectomy scar from a C-section running from her navel down to her pubis. Closer examination revealed that the woman had given birth to at least 2 children, perhaps more. Her ears were not pierced. There were no signs of alcohol or drugs in her system. Seven "Ephedrine-Guaifenefine MINI" pills were found in her right back jean pocket. She suffered from black lung disease, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Thick mucus was present in her lungs. The victim was tan and freckled; bug bites were present on her body. Her legs and underarms were unshaven. Her fingernails and toenails were short, uneven and dirty. There was a black, greasy smudge on the medial right foot from the base of the first toe into the arch.
* Dentals: She had no teeth or dentures.
* Clothing: She was wearing Bongo jeans, a black, hooded Spalding Activewear sweatshirt with Florida on the front and blue velvet slippers. No socks or underwear.

Case History
The victim was found 230 ft. off of the eastbound lane of 1-10, near Exit 2, Mile Marker #4 in Hancock County, Mississippi.
She was found face down, her head toward a wooded area, slanting in grassy area. A group of teenagers traveling in a 1998 green Mitsubishi had thought that they had hit a deer. This happened between 2 am. and 3 am., however the victim was not discovered until 10:40 am by a trucker.
After hearing of the unidentified woman being hit, the subjects who hit her came forward.
The victim had been flung approximately 230 ft. away from the interstate when she was hit.
An autopsy was performed and it was found that she had recently eaten. French fries and pickle slices (as well as a thick brown liquid), but no meat, was found in the esophagus and stomach.
She had numerous small hydatid cysts in her oviducts. Hydatid cysts are caused from a parasite that is accidentally ingested when consuming contaminated/unsanitary food. The victim also had moderate osteoarthritis in her spine, as well as numerous gashes and lacerations over most of her body. She suffered 21 broken ribs as well as a lacerated liver.
Cause of death was a fracture of the cervical spine, compression-contusion of the spinal cord, lacerated abraded scalp, a deep laceration of the right popliteal region (knee-joint) and left heel, a fractured right femur and multiple deep abrasions of the trunk, extremities and face. There was a hair resembling the scalp hair entangled in the fingers of the left hand.

Thousands of inquiries have been made about this individual, but she has not been identified as of this date.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Hancock County Coroner's Office
Coroner Norma C. Stiglet
228-467-9031 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************228-467-9031******end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Agency Case Number:
98-185516

NCIC Number:
U-125958355
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/178ufms.html

Compared to:

Case File 1728DFCA

Jennifer Lynn Wallis
Missing since November 14, 1997 from Dobbins, Yuba County, California
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

* Date Of Birth: September 11, 1962
* Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
* Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 125 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Wallis was last seen in the area of her home in Dobbins, CA. The circumstances of her disappearance are suspicious.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Yuba County Sheriff's Office
530-749-7780
Agency Case Number: 97-6228

Source Information:
Yuba County Sheriff's Office

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1728dfca.html

I'm not sure. Any opinions?

Attachments

• 178UFMSWes1.jpg
    178UFMSWes1.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 281
  • JLWallis.jpg
    JLWallis.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 315
Wow, good eye. I think it could work.

I'd say it's pretty close, although the UID has more chin than JLW.

Height and weight are good. JLW looks older than 35, so the age difference is not that far off.

I don't know if JLW's green eyes could be confused for "uniquely colored grey eyes".

All-in-all, I would say it is probably not her, but maybe close enough to call in anyway.

Thousands of inquiries have been made but they only list one exclusion on Namus

https://identifyus.org/cases/2841
She is not
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois

Several things in the description make her sound like a transient or someone who is otherwise badly equipped to take care for herself. The bug bites, the dirty and uneven nails, the parasites from unsanitary food, no teeth and no dentures, the smudge in her foot... Although I suppose if she had dentures they could have flown out of her mouth in the impact and been left undiscovered in the area and maybe she could have acquired some of the dirt and the nail damage in the crash as well.

Was the above possible match ever reported? She looks quite similar to me, although the suspicious circumstances that she is supposed to be missing in might make her more likely to have died closer to home.

There is apparently a California killer who might or might not have been considered as a suspect
in Wallis's case.

https://coldhit.doj.ca.gov/dna/news17.htm
As a result of that profile and other unspecified information, Hobbs "has become the focus of an investigation into a series of unsolved disappearances and murders in several Northern California jurisdictions going back to 1974," Black said.

Black would not elaborate on the number of murders or disappearance, or name the jurisdictions involved.

Yuba investigators are looking closely at the still-open case of Jennifer Lynn Wallis, a 35-year-old woman who disappeared from the Dobbins area in November, 1997, Black said. But she declined to say whether Hobbs was a suspect in that matter.
http://www.kcra.com/news/3350990/detail.html

Can someone find out whether Ms. Wallis has children? Jane Doe is supposed to have given birth to at least two.

I had done a facial reconstruction of this Jane Doe a couple of months ago, but had not put it up yet. So here she is (with dentures and without)

The description indicated that she probably wore dentures, but did not have them at the time of her death. Her jaw doesn't look very compressed in the postmortem photo like it would if she had no teeth and no dentures, so I am thinking that her jaw was slacked in the PM photo. So I did two versions - one with dentures, and one without.

aa6594f2-56d9-4d04-9f48-75a44b6a34c8.jpg
e1d21d74-12b5-4045-a060-6ece54e50498.jpg

before getting involved here at WS, I did not realize that gray was an eye color. I have an aunt whose eyes could well be gray but I considered them to be like a steel blue.

I would think that when doing any potential matches the universe of eye colors should include blue as well as gray, which has very few matches.

The Doe Network:
Case File 178UFMS
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/178ufms.html
NamUs UP Case 2841https://identifyus.org/cases/2841

e1d21d74-12b5-4045-a060-6ece54e50498.jpg

Sketches of Victim Left by Wesley Neville, Center and Right: by CarlK90245 (with dentures and without dentures)

Warning - Postmortem photos at link below
http://www.copsite.com/unknown.htm

Unidentified White female

* Located on May 8, 1998 in Hancock County, Mississippi.
* Manner of death was a pedestrian vs. automobile accident. Cause of death was multiple injuries of blunt impact. Death occurred minutes after being hit.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 37 - 42 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3½" (161 cm.); 130-135 lbs. (59-61 kg.)
* Distinguishing Characteristics: 16-18 inch-long, curly reddish-brown hair with a touch of gray at the temples and front. Her natural hair color was brown, but had been dyed a slightly lighter color. She had uniquely-colored gray eyes. The victim had a vaccination scar on her left arm and an old hysterectomy scar from a C-section running from her navel down to her pubis. Closer examination revealed that the woman had given birth to at least 2 children, perhaps more. Her ears were not pierced. There were no signs of alcohol or drugs in her system. Seven "Ephedrine-Guaifenefine MINI" pills were found in her right back jean pocket. She suffered from black lung disease, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Thick mucus was present in her lungs. The victim was tan and freckled; bug bites were present on her body. Her legs and underarms were unshaven. Her fingernails and toenails were short, uneven and dirty. There was a black, greasy smudge on the medial right foot from the base of the first toe into the arch.
* Dentals: She had no teeth or dentures.
* Clothing: She was wearing Bongo jeans, a black, hooded Spalding Activewear sweatshirt with Florida on the front and blue velvet slippers. No socks or underwear.

Case History
The victim was found 230 ft. off of the eastbound lane of 1-10, near Exit 2, Mile Marker #4 in Hancock County, Mississippi.
She was found face down, her head toward a wooded area, slanting in grassy area. A group of teenagers traveling in a 1998 green Mitsubishi had thought that they had hit a deer. This happened between 2 am. and 3 am., however the victim was not discovered until 10:40 am by a trucker.
After hearing of the unidentified woman being hit, the subjects who hit her came forward.
The victim had been flung approximately 230 ft. away from the interstate when she was hit.
An autopsy was performed and it was found that she had recently eaten. French fries and pickle slices (as well as a thick brown liquid), but no meat, was found in the esophagus and stomach.
She had numerous small hydatid cysts in her oviducts. Hydatid cysts are caused from a parasite that is accidentally ingested when consuming contaminated/unsanitary food. The victim also had moderate osteoarthritis in her spine, as well as numerous gashes and lacerations over most of her body. She suffered 21 broken ribs as well as a lacerated liver.
Cause of death was a fracture of the cervical spine, compression-contusion of the spinal cord, lacerated abraded scalp, a deep laceration of the right popliteal region (knee-joint) and left heel, a fractured right femur and multiple deep abrasions of the trunk, extremities and face. There was a hair resembling the scalp hair entangled in the fingers of the left hand.

Thousands of inquiries have been made about this individual, but she has not been identified as of this date.

Here's a Mississippi missing white female whose case file was recently entered in NamUs. She went missing about 13 years prior to Jane Doe's death (i.e., plenty of time to lose all of her teeth if she didn't take care of them).

Debra Jean Wade
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9367/22

2735021910045078242S200x200Q85.jpg

This is somewhat doubtful, as there is a discrepancy in eye color, and a 3" difference in height.

However, I am putting this up for discussion anyway. I can envision Debra looking like that after 13 years of hard living.

Their chins, noses, and jawlines are identical, and Hancock County is very close to Biloxi.

Carl, physically I think that is a very good match.

Here's another new arrival in NamUs:

IMO, she might be a reasonable possible for this Hancock County Jane Doe.

Terrie Lee Holland
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10107/88

Like the Jane doe, she has blue eyes, and is 5'3" tall. (Actually, the Jane Doe's eyes are described as grey, but that is often interchangeable with blue)

She is from Arkansas (i.e., a state adjacent to Mississippi)

She is a little younger than the age estimate, but not excessively so. Especially given her history of drug use, she may have look older than she actually was.

There's no indication that she was missing her teeth at the time of her disappearance. But she was a heavy drug user, and may have lost them in the 11-month interim. Or she may be missing teeth, and they failed to mention it. I've seen that before.

The resemblance is pretty strong. Both have high foreheads, squarish chins and similar noses with the columella positioned well below the adjacent nostrils and alae.

I am also seeing many common blemishes. Both have blemishes at the crease between the left cheek and upper lip. They also have similar blemishes in almost the same location on the right side.

Terrie has what looks like acne scarring below the right corner of her mouth. The UID has skin anomalies in the same location, although it's difficult to tell if the anomalies are similarly shaped.

She also has three moles under her left eye. The postmortem photo of the UID shows a black mark in the exact location where the moles would be, so it's difficult to check for that on the UID.

The UID had unpierced ears, and I don't see any indication that Terrie's ears are pierced, though that's inconclusive.

Here's another new arrival in NamUs:

IMO, she might be a reasonable possible for this Hancock County Jane Doe.

Terrie Lee Holland
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10107/88

Like the Jane doe, she has blue eyes, and is 5'3" tall. (Actually, the Jane Doe's eyes are described as grey, but that is often interchangeable with blue)

She is from Arkansas (i.e., a state adjacent to Mississippi)

She is a little younger than the age estimate, but not excessively so. Especially given her history of drug use, she may have look older than she actually was.

There's no indication that she was missing her teeth at the time of her disappearance. But she was a heavy drug user, and may have lost them in the 11-month interim. Or she may be missing teeth, and they failed to mention it. I've seen that before.

The resemblance is pretty strong. Both have high foreheads, squarish chins and similar noses with the columella positioned well below the adjacent nostrils and alae.

I am also seeing many common blemishes. Both have blemishes at the crease between the left cheek and upper lip. They also have similar blemishes in almost the same location on the right side.

Terrie has what looks like acne scarring below the right corner of her mouth. The UID has skin anomalies in the same location, although it's difficult to tell if the anomalies are similarly shaped.

She also has three moles under her left eye. The postmortem photo of the UID shows a black mark in the exact location where the moles would be, so it's difficult to check for that on the UID.

The UID had unpierced ears, and I don't see any indication that Terrie's ears are pierced, though that's inconclusive.

Although I'm fairly new to WS, I don't believe I've seen this JD before. I am wondering if perhaps she originally came from or spent considerable time in any of the coal mining areas. I'm saying this because of the reference to "black lung disease."

Thank you, Carl, for your wonderful artwork both here and elsewhere on WS!

Although I'm fairly new to WS, I don't believe I've seen this JD before. I am wondering if perhaps she originally came from or spent considerable time in any of the coal mining areas. I'm saying this because of the reference to "black lung disease."

Thank you, Carl, for your wonderful artwork both here and elsewhere on WS!

I missed the part about black lung disease. You're right. That would suggest that she was from somewhere in the Appalachians (e.g., West Virginia, Kentucky, or thereabouts). It's a little strange to think of a woman working in the coal mines, but I suppose that plenty do.

I found this at webmd, regarding black lung disease. it is not limited to coal miners, but it looks like the disease is ALWAYS occupational so merely living in a coal mining town would not cause the disease.

The inhalation and accumulation of coal dust causes coal workers' pneumoconiosis (CWP). This stems from working in a coal mine, coal trimming (loading and stowing coal for storage), mining or milling graphite, and manufacturing carbon electrodes (used in certain types of large furnaces) and carbon black (a compound used in many items, such as tires and other rubber goods). Because CWP is a reaction to accumulated dust in the lungs, it may appear and get worse during your exposure to the dust or after your exposure has ceased.

http://www.webmd.com/lung/tc/black-lung-disease-topic-overview

due to globalization I have not been able to pinpoint any US based graphite plants or carbon electrode manufacturers. I am sure some are still around, and perhaps there were a few more around pre-1998, but I just can find a specific plant in the US with a specific location (corporate HQ aside).

Could the black lung disease be the result of excessive smoking?

No - There are plenty of lung maladies associated with smoking. But black lung is specifically associated with inhalation of coal dust.

Here's a Mississippi missing white female whose case file was recently entered in NamUs. She went missing about 13 years prior to Jane Doe's death (i.e., plenty of time to lose all of her teeth if she didn't take care of them).

Debra Jean Wade
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9367/22

This is somewhat doubtful, as there is a discrepancy in eye color, and a 3" difference in height.

However, I am putting this up for discussion anyway. I can envision Debra looking like that after 13 years of hard living.

Their chins, noses, and jawlines are identical, and Hancock County is very close to Biloxi.

Debra Jean Wade has just been located alive:

Found & Archived - DN # 1901DFMS

Do you have a link? I don't see anything on this in DoeNet, other than that her casefile is no longer accessible.

Mississippi Missing & Unidentified Persons has been reporting her found in Florida by Biloxi PD. I googled it when I saw it and couldn't find anything, except for a mugshot for a traffic offense for a Debra Jean Wade living in Florida who would be the same age as as the missing Debra Jean Wade and definitely resembles her. Don't know if I can post the link but all you have to do is google it (the complete listing is on the second googled page). I'm pretty sure it's her. I'm guessing she didn't want to be found, hence no other news about her case.

I missed the part about black lung disease. You're right. That would suggest that she was from somewhere in the Appalachians (e.g., West Virginia, Kentucky, or thereabouts). It's a little strange to think of a woman working in the coal mines, but I suppose that plenty do.

My dad was from PA and died from Black Lung..coal miner's disease.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prod3149
Back