GUILTY MO - Caleb Lundgren for child abuse, Linn Creek, 2010

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
By Newsdesk KRCG
Thursday, March 04, 2010 at 3:54 p.m.

CAMDEN COUNTY, MO. -- A Camden man was arrested Thursday on child abuse charges.

Caleb M. Lundgren, 29, of Linn Creek, Mo. was arrested by Camden County Sheriff’s Department after investigators were notified by Lake Regional Health Systems.

A 2-month old baby girl was admitted in the hospital with an apparent skull fracture and signs of bruising on other parts of her body. The infant was flown to University Hospital and is listed in serious condition.

Lundgren is charged with first degree assault with serious physical injury, possession of marijuana under 35 grams and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Lundgren is currently in jail with a $250,000 bond, his court date is set for March 10.

http://www.connectmidmissouri.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=425301

Prayers for you, baby girl, that you have a full recovery & NEVER again have to be near the person(s) responsible for what happened to you.

Another one............unreal.

I hope you make it little angel........

"Caleb Lundgren said, according to the probable cause statement, that he was under the influence of meth when he threw the infant 5 feet towards a baby swing; which he thinks caused the head injury"

What a freaking dirtbag. I swear I don't know why these women have babies with these men...I don't think any of us will ever truly understand. Do they think that the baby's will bring out the softer side in them and they'll sober up and straighten their life out. Perhaps some do but a lot don't...as we continuosly see. Not that we haven't seen a lot of these "types" of cases before but geez, recently it seems like there's a new one or two baby abuses/deaths/abandoments daily. How on earth can you abuse a beautiful defenseless baby who has nothing but love to give. I hope he rots in jail. . :furious:

Okay...I'm done now.

Another poor defenseless baby being abused by a taking up space... there has got to be something we can do to stop these types of abue cases and deaths.

Lucy's Mom--I wish I didn't have to disagree but it's far more than that. A while back I posted about statistics of childhood death due neglect and abuse. We need to look at the stats again and remember that these are from 2007. I imagine the economy has a huge impact on these numbers. Anecdotally, hospitals, LE, and DHS are all reporting an uptick. This is a great resource to bookmark--lots of fact sheets:

http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/factsheets/fatality.cfm#children

"The National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System (NCANDS) reported an estimated 1,760 child fatalities in 2007....

NCANDS defines "child fatality" as the death of a child caused by an injury resulting from abuse or neglect, or where abuse or neglect was a contributing factor."

If you do the math, that's approximately 4.82 children dying per day due to abuse or neglect in 2007. We know the numbers are going up.

Praying this little baby is doing better at this hour.

You throw a baby five feet? Whaaat? How much meth does a person have to do before they toss an infant five feet?

Watch his defense will have something to do with his upbringing, genetics. That name rings a bell.

this had nothing to do with the economy. the guy admits he's a meth head......and no one forced the drugs in his sytem

Caleb Matthew Lundgren was born on September 13, 1980 to Alice and Jeffrey Lundgren. Ring any bells?

RLDS cult
Kirtland, OH murders
Down the road from the Mohlers
The Blood Atonement Killings book
Death Penalty

Is this his son? How could it not be? He's listed as 29 and his name is Caleb M. Lundgren. The apple doesn't fall far, if it is.

My hat is tipped to a small female horse galloping around out in cyberspace.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/lundgren/index_1.html

"....Shortly after the birth of Kristen, Jeff would regularly abuse Alice and the children. At one point Jeff pushed her down a flight of stairs. The fall was so severe that it caused Alice to rupture her spleen. Emergency surgery was required to repair the damage.

On September 13, 1980, their fourth child, Caleb Matthew, was born. As with the birth of Kristen, family members speculated that this pregnancy was yet another attempt by Alice to hold their rocky marriage together.

In 1981, Jeff was asked to join the RLDS lay priesthood; however, he later stated that it was at this time that he lost all faith in the church and its teachings. Their liberal tendencies (e.g. allowing women to be ordained as priests) particularly upset him...."

Alice, Caleb's mom, went on to be sentenced to life in prison for her part in the Avery murders. Jeff married his new sweetheart, Kathryn, who already had a daughter by him by the time they were in prison.

Kathryn was only behind bars for a short while and returned to Missouri. Jeff was put to death in Ohio for the Avery murders in October 2006. I ordered the out of print book, "Prophet of death: the Mormon blood-atonement killings" and waded through the whole disgusting mess trying to link anything to the Mohler family compound.

Where the Lundgren group holed up, after the killings, was just a short distance from the Bates City farmhouse--in Warrensburg, MO. Caleb was there along with a number of other children.

I have to say that if I'd had a father like Jeff Lundgren, I might do meth too. It still doesn't make it OK to hurt a baby. Man, it makes me want to know who raised him and where the other siblings are. I wonder if he stayed involved with the RLDS?

Caleb's older brother, Damon, was sentenced to 120 to life in prison for his part in the Avery murders (he was only 18 at the time of the murders) and will be eligible for parole in 2098. To compare photos of the brothers, go to this link:

http://www.francesfarmersrevenge.com/stuff/archive/oldnews/mormoncult.htm

and scroll down to the very bottom for a photo of Damon.

Interestingly enough, in doing research today, I learned that another Lundgren cult member is going to be released this month.

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2010/02/10/news/doc4b71c4499d847944552108.txt

"Richard E. Brand will be paroled March 29 after serving 16 years of his 15-years-to-life prison sentence imposed in 1994 as one of the killers in the infamous Kirtland cult slayings, the Ohio Parole Board announced Tuesday.

After being sentenced in 1994 and refused a release three times, Brand was allowed his freedom the fourth time after victims declined to protest his release from the Allen Correction Institution in Lima, a board spokesman said...."

more at link

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/mass/lundgren/index_1.html

"....Shortly after the birth of Kristen, Jeff would regularly abuse Alice and the children. At one point Jeff pushed her down a flight of stairs. The fall was so severe that it caused Alice to rupture her spleen. Emergency surgery was required to repair the damage.

On September 13, 1980, their fourth child, Caleb Matthew, was born. As with the birth of Kristen, family members speculated that this pregnancy was yet another attempt by Alice to hold their rocky marriage together.

In 1981, Jeff was asked to join the RLDS lay priesthood; however, he later stated that it was at this time that he lost all faith in the church and its teachings. Their liberal tendencies (e.g. allowing women to be ordained as priests) particularly upset him...."

Alice, Caleb's mom, went on to be sentenced to life in prison for her part in the Avery murders. Jeff married his new sweetheart, Kathryn, who already had a daughter by him by the time they were in prison.

Kathryn was only behind bars for a short while and returned to Missouri. Jeff was put to death in Ohio for the Avery murders in October 2006. I ordered the out of print book, "Prophet of death: the Mormon blood-atonement killings" and waded through the whole disgusting mess trying to link anything to the Mohler family compound.

Where the Lundgren group holed up, after the killings, was just a short distance from the Bates City farmhouse--in Warrensburg, MO. Caleb was there along with a number of other children.

I have to say that if I'd had a father like Jeff Lundgren, I might do meth too. It still doesn't make it OK to hurt a baby. Man, it makes me want to know who raised him and where the other siblings are. I wonder if he stayed involved with the RLDS?

I just sent a request to the KCRG Newsdesk (connectedmissouri.com) asking that they follow up on Caleb & if he's "the" Caleb Matthew Lundgren born to Jeffrey & Alice.

I'll update if I hear anything from them.

From Vinelink:

Offender Record
Offender ID: 20100389
Offender Name: CALEB MATTHEW LUNDGREN
Date of Birth: 09/13/1980
Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender: Camden County Jail
Race: White

It's him.

i dont care if i was the son of ted bundy if i turned into a meth head who beat up a baby that would be my doing not his

An article from the time of Jeff and Alice's arrest which mentions Caleb:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/80290/

"A cult leader wanted in the slayings of an Ohio family of five was arrested near the Mexican border by authorities who say weapons and survivalist gear were found in his motel room and a storage locker.

Jeffrey Lundgren, 39, a former Sunday school teacher and tour guide in the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Ohio, was arrested outside the motel Sunday by federal agents and county sheriffs.Lundgren's 38-year-old wife, Alice, and the couple's 19-year-old son, Damon, also were arrested there. Three other Lundgren children - K******, 10, Caleb, 9, and J****, 15 - were taken into protective custody, said Andrew Vita, the special agent in charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms office in Los Angeles...."

more at link

i dont care if i was the son of ted bundy if i turned into a meth head who beat up a baby that would be my doing not his

How do we know you are NOT the son of Ted Bundy?

In all seriousness dear K, I don't believe we're excusing this guy of anything. It's just immensely interesting. Well to me anyway because I knew nothing of this cult. Plus we got to learn another cult person has now been released.

I hear ya. I truly do. However, Lord only knows and again it's no reason or excuse, but being raised up in that mess by a lunatic just may warp ya a bit. Or a bunch. Add in some meth. Lethal.

kbl--I sit on the fence and you know it. Of course he's responsible for his actions with this baby girl. But if you'd read the story of that cult, I can't imagine a healthy brain coming out of it. Total mind control, God, kinky sex, the prophet of death, hard core *advertiser censored*, cross dressing, wife stealing, blood atonement....you get the picture. This boy lived in that cesspool for 9 years.

If you try to raise up a puppy tied deep down inside the filthy garbage pail and feed him nothing but rotten meat, will he make good choices and walk the high road when you release him or he chews through his rope? He'd probably look a lot like Caleb does.

And plain and simple, it makes me sad. The sins of the fathers........

And yes, prayers for the baby girl. Did anyone notice that before he threw her across the room, he said he tried setting her on a kitchen stool but she fell off. A 2 month old on a kitchen stool? We're talking a newborn here--just barely able to lift her head and smile a little.

kbl--I sit on the fence and you know it. Of course he's responsible for his actions with this baby girl. But if you'd read the story of that cult, I can't imagine a healthy brain coming out of it. Total mind control, God, kinky sex, the prophet of death, hard core *advertiser censored*, cross dressing, wife stealing, blood atonement....you get the picture. This boy lived in that cesspool for 9 years.

If you try to raise up a puppy tied deep down inside the filthy garbage pail and feed him nothing but rotten meat, will he make good choices and walk the high road when you release him or he chews through his rope? He'd probably look a lot like Caleb does.

And plain and simple, it makes me sad. The sins of the fathers........

And yes, prayers for the baby girl. Did anyone notice that before he threw her across the room, he said he tried setting her on a kitchen stool but she fell off. A 2 month old on a kitchen stool? We're talking a newborn here--just barely able to lift her head and smile a little.

bbm- I might feel sorry for that puppy, but I wouldn't breed him nor leave him alone with my child. And if he attacked someone I would put him down, plain and simple.

All of these stories in the news about people hurting children make me absolutely sick! Nothing gets my blood boiling faster than hearing that some innocent child was hurt by the person that was supposed to love and protect them.

I'm from Michigan and a couple of weeks ago there was a case where the parents of a girl locked her in a bedroom, chained her to the bed, and gave her no sheets or blankets. The house caught on fire and everyone got out except for that poor girl who burned to death in the fire. The parents were charged with felony murder, torture, and first-degree child abuse. The girl was 16 years old when she died but I believe they said that she had been treated this way since she was 8 years old! The parents tried to make her out to be some monster in court but people who knew her from school and other places outside of the home said she was a nice girl. Well guess who didn't get charged with felony murder? I was so outraged when I heard that I wanted to kick the t.v. and scream. I hope they get the maximum sentence for the torture and child abuse charges because had she not been chained up like a dog by the people who were supposed to love and protect her she would have made it out of that house alive like the rest of her family.

Sorry to rant but when I hear about these children being abused and neglected I sometimes can't contain my feelings.

And what would I do? God's honest truth. I'd adopt it. I'm a sick woman.

But, I would get it neutered right away.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back