Casey files for-Indigency; Defense reveals how much it's been paid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClickOrlando website has the headline up, but is saying the story does not exist. Must be overloaded. :)

Anyway, before I run, a couple details: Andrea, who is working pro-bono, has been paid $22,500 for costs she incurred.

Baez has been paid $89,454, doesn't say what for, or where it came from.

All of this, paid for by CASEY. :furious:

IMO this is nothing more than an attempt to get the DP off the table due to costs. I smell a plea though wouldn't expect it until right before trial is to begin. But again JMO.

Link was working moments ago but I am sure the system is on red alert.

From the link:..............Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense........

The Anthony's have paid over $100,000 to Baez already?
Guess that explains the defaulted mortgage hey? ;)

What fresh hell is this?????

"Uh, well, there wasn't a death penalty-worthy attorney here in the State I wanted to pass this case off to, so instead hired this lady from out of State to sit first chair for me, and now, well.......I'd like the State of FL to pay."

I don't even live near FL and my bottom feels the ......well, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

From the link:..............Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense........

The Anthony's have paid over $100,000 to Baez already?
Guess that explains the defaulted mortgage hey? ;)

I am DISGUSTED that she can legally fund her defense by selling pictures of the daughter SHE murdered. It sickens me all the way to the bottom of my soul. :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

As a Florida citizen, this burns my butt more than you know.

Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Don't kill your daughter and you won't incur legal fees and costs from legal experts - duh - no brainer....

Mom and dad should cover it.

What happened to the $250,000 paid for the pictures?

So now the state will have to fund the defense team she picked, instead of the public defender all of the other indigent defendants are handed ? I see Casey's popularity declining by the minute in Florida and in prison. There are lots of women there that didn't get an Andrea L, or famed forensic experts...they took what they were handed and that usually isn't a lot.

I don't think it will matter one bit as to weather the state pays for the defense or KC herself, she aint gettin out from under the death penelty....And I live in the Hoosier State and would be willing to send FL some tax money just to see this go to trial as a death penelty case..

We knew this was coming since the recent hearing when Andrea mentioned it regarding taking Miss Kerley's deposition.
To all of you that guessed the Anthony home foreclosure was a tell for this being filed...you were spot on. If the judge allows this...I hope the defense will get it in gear about taking depositions and get the trial schedule back on track. It wont be a moment too soon.

Oh Gee..do ya think the timing of this had anything to do with the " foreclosure" ?
Good Grief!!

There was also a correspondence filed today at the clerk's office but am not able to access the site at the moment.

So giving this more thought.........I would like an attorney to weigh in on this.

KC filed for indigent status prior to Jose Baez being retained. Shortly thereafter......JB was brought on and the indigent status was a moot point.

AL made very specific statements during the check fraud hearing suggesting her client file indigent status.

My question......because KC already filed as indigent....would the court require she complete a new application or would they use the original. I am trying to determine if this was possibly part of the plan from the early stages.

I am DISGUSTED that she can legally fund her defense by selling pictures of the daughter SHE murdered. It sickens me all the way to the bottom of my soul. :banghead: :furious: :banghead:

I am certainly with you there, Insomnia Momma! You stated exactly what I am thinking.

ClickOrlando website has the headline up, but is saying the story does not exist. Must be overloaded. :)

Anyway, before I run, a couple details: Andrea, who is working pro-bono, has been paid $22,500 for costs she incurred.

Baez has been paid $89,454, doesn't say what for, or where it came from.

All of this, paid for by CASEY. :furious:

It should have read: "All of this paid for by Caylee".
This family makes me want to scream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member